Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

AxE: Alliance vs Empire - A Chat with the CEO of Nexon Red - MMORPG.com

SBFordSBFord Former Associate EditorMember LegendaryPosts: 33,129
edited January 2019 in News & Features Discussion

imageAxE: Alliance vs Empire - A Chat with the CEO of Nexon Red - MMORPG.com

Nexon has announced that AxE: Alliance vs Empire, an expansive massively multiplayer online roleplaying game (MMORPG), will be launching to the App Store for iPhone and iPad and on Google Play for Android devices worldwide this winter. AxE ushers in the next generation of fully featured MMORPGs on mobile devices with a sprawling and ever changing open-world and an immersive fantasy story of a civil war between the Darkhaan Empire and the Galanos Alliance.

Read the full story here

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 

Comments

• SupaMutantSupaMutant Member UncommonPosts: 136
    The team of players with the longest lasting battery life wins. LOLOL!!
    XingbairongScotceh430rojoArcueidwingoodarbi15DrunkWolfTacticalZombehPher0ciousMr.Gutsyand 1 other.
    5|_|©|< /\/\¥ |)!©|< /\/\!|<3|3
  • achmedeachmede Member UncommonPosts: 215
    edited January 2019
    If companies decided to make a one decent mmorpg with crossplatform play it would be a gold mine.
    Decent as good gameplay, good story and most of all would be community friendly. Like Warframe for example.

But instead of that we get this cash grab mobile mmorpgs where 95 % of these are pure pay2win.
    If its not that we get rushed pc / xbox / ps4 mmorpgs or just port from one console to another.

Good thing we get Anthem this year, but my expectations are low because of EA.
  • WellspringWellspring Member EpicPosts: 1,464
    The interview is missing the single most important question for any game these days (especially a mobile game), how will it be monetized?
    --------------------------------------------
  • Viper482Viper482 Member LegendaryPosts: 4,065
    Is this mobile MMO crap really in demand?
    Make MMORPG's Great Again!
  • SamhaelSamhael Member RarePosts: 1,498
    Let me fix that for Nexon!
    "Nexon has announced that AxE: Alliance vs Empire, an expensive massively multiplayer online roleplaying game (MMORPG)..."
  • SupaMutantSupaMutant Member UncommonPosts: 136

Viper482 said:

Poor people wants to play games too.
    Pher0ciousMr.Gutsyspeedylegs8
    5|_|©|< /\/\¥ |)!©|< /\/\!|<3|3
  • NitemareMMONitemareMMO Member UncommonPosts: 239
    majority of the money comes from Asia but still it somewhat answers the "demand" part of the question.

https://newzoo.com/insights/articles/global-games-market-reaches-137-9-billion-in-2018-mobile-games-take-half/
    speedylegs8
  • rojoArcueidrojoArcueid Member EpicPosts: 10,722
    edited January 2019

Viper482 said:

Poor people wants to play games too.

a phone that can run these new mobile games properly cost the same as a low-mid tier PC (around $700). Not sure they are really poor.

• WizardryWizardry Member LegendaryPosts: 19,332
    edited January 2019
    Cell phones remind me when credit cards came out,everyone had to have ,two,three ,get a new and different one every month.People in general are just weird,it is like their brains turn off/on like a light switch.It is not just the cost of the phone but then you have internet fees more costly than home internet with less bandwidth lol.

I can't imagine how many jobs would be lost and over paid top execs would starve if cell phones were treated as they should,nothing more than an emergency or important use tool like communicating with the kids or for the kids or someone is sick  but then again,get off your ass and go visit them.
    Gaming is the LAST thing anyone should be doing with the cell phone.It is so bad the young kids at work dive us insane,they are late getting to work because they have to check their pokemon go,often stop working to go on their cell phone and the most annoying,some insecure dude has to call his gf every 5 minutes to check up on her.

Bottom line,other than an emergency,i have seen nothing good come of cell phones.
    MrMelGibsonTacticalZombehF2Plague

Never forget 3 mile Island and never trust a government official or company spokesman.

• aeunexcoreaeunexcore Member UncommonPosts: 45
    I stopped reading when I saw "App Store".
    speedylegs8
  • IshkalIshkal Member UncommonPosts: 304
    MMORPG: What options do players have for their characters? Are they limited by the mobile platform?

Nexon Rep: Well your options and limits are defined by your income and willingness to help fund the community! Isn't that exciting.....
  • XasapisXasapis Member RarePosts: 6,337
    What's the opposite of aroused?

That's what became of my interest when I read the words "mobile devices".
  • MrMelGibsonMrMelGibson Member EpicPosts: 3,033
    Wizardry said:
    Cell phones remind me when credit cards came out,everyone had to have ,two,three ,get a new and different one every month.People in general are just weird,it is like their brains turn off/on like a light switch.It is not just the cost of the phone but then you have internet fees more costly than home internet with less bandwidth lol.

I can't imagine how many jobs would be lost and over paid top execs would starve if cell phones were treated as they should,nothing more than an emergency or important use tool like communicating with the kids or for the kids or someone is sick  but then again,get off your ass and go visit them.
    Gaming is the LAST thing anyone should be doing with the cell phone.It is so bad the young kids at work dive us insane,they are late getting to work because they have to check their pokemon go,often stop working to go on their cell phone and the most annoying,some insecure dude has to call his gf every 5 minutes to check up on her.

Bottom line,other than an emergency,i have seen nothing good come of cell phones.

b9e.jpg 44.8K
    SupaMutantTacticalZombehspeedylegs8F2Plague