Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Vindictus #We_Are_Heroes Campaign Aims to 'Inspire Gamers Around the World' - MMORPG.com

SystemSystem Member UncommonPosts: 12,599
edited January 2019 in Videos Discussion

imageVindictus #We_Are_Heroes Campaign Aims to 'Inspire Gamers Around the World' - MMORPG.com

In celebration of the eighth anniversary of Vindictus, developers recently launched the #We_are_Heroes campaign where players were asked to create a video to send in to "inspire gamers around the world". This video from Gergo Fabian was chosen as the winner and showcases "how two lucky fans met and grew close" thanks to Vindictus.

Read the full story here

Comments

• SBFordSBFord Former Associate EditorMember LegendaryPosts: 33,129
    DMKano said:
    "In celebration of the eighth anniversary of Vindictus, developers recently launched the #We_are_Heroes campaign where players were asked to create a video to send in to "inspire gamers around the world"

Translation - the developers want players to do free marketing for them.

Nothing like disguising a marketing campaign as a noble/heroic cause.

P.S. We_all_are_heroes - ehm, if everyone is a hero, than nobody is ;)
    Like many game companies haven't done player-created content type contests? Vindictus may not be "my" game, but I don't see a damn thing wrong with this and thought the couple's story was actually kinda cool.
    itchmon

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 

• eoloeeoloe Member RarePosts: 864

Definition of heroism

1 : heroic conduct especially as exhibited in fulfilling a high purpose or attaining a noble end

Therefore heroism is not mutually exclusive. We can potentially all be heroes.

[Deleted User]itchmonWhiteLanternSBFord
  • LimnicLimnic Member RarePosts: 1,116
    DMKano said:
    SBFord said:
    DMKano said:
    "In celebration of the eighth anniversary of Vindictus, developers recently launched the #We_are_Heroes campaign where players were asked to create a video to send in to "inspire gamers around the world"

Like many game companies haven't done player-created content type contests? Vindictus may not be "my" game, but I don't see a damn thing wrong with this and thought the couple's story was actually kinda cool.

Because all companies love player-based marketing, it's highly effective.

There's nothing wrong with it, just pointing out the major benefit of getting players involved in a marketing campaign for the game.

IMO - this is fine - I always tell players if you really love the game - the best way to ensure the game will have a long life is:

1. Keep spending as much money as you possibly can on the game
    2. Get friends to play and do the same

This campaign is first half of step 2 - getting more people to play.

/tanget_below

Remember in CoH where players all stood in Plaza before shutdown:

If each one of those players sent $100+ to NCSoft - the game would probably sill be running.

Don't stand in game to protest shutdown - it doesn't work - instead - throw as much cash as you can at the game - that ensures servers keep running.

Sadly in the case of CoH that probably wouldn't have saved it. The game was itself still an earner. Made more than it cost to run, including studio costs. Choice to shut it down was more of a corporate political move.
    MadFrenchiewingood
  • itchmonitchmon Member RarePosts: 1,999
    Nexon has been pushing Mabi and Vindictus a lot lately. (Vindictus takes place in Mabinogi's world). I wonder if another Mabi game is in the works? Original Mabinogi was one of my original fav sandboxes and vindictus is very fun for a lobby action game (with a good story). Would LOVE to see a mabi sequel!!

RIP Ribbitribbitt you are missed, kid.

Currently Playing EVE, ESO

Every gun that is made, every warship launched, every rocket fired signifies, in the final sense, a theft from those who hunger and are not fed, those who are cold and not clothed.

Dwight D Eisenhower

My optimism wears heavy boots and is loud.

Henry Rollins

• rojoArcueidrojoArcueid Member EpicPosts: 10,722

itchmon said:

Nexon has been pushing Mabi and Vindictus a lot lately. (Vindictus takes place in Mabinogi's world). I wonder if another Mabi game is in the works? Original Mabinogi was one of my original fav sandboxes and vindictus is very fun for a lobby action game (with a good story). Would LOVE to see a mabi sequel!!

maybe they are trying to make those games more appealing so that somebody else (not tencent) buys nexon? it's been reported that Nexon is for sale and Tencent wants to buy.

But if they are hyping the IPs for a new game coming then that would be nice. I would like a modern Mabinogi open world. If Vindictus (Mabinogi Heroes) was open world i'd be playing it since launch.

• moosecatlolmoosecatlol Member RarePosts: 1,530

DMKano said:

SBFord said:

DMKano said:

There's nothing wrong with it, just pointing out the major benefit of getting players involved in a marketing campaign for the game.

IMO - this is fine - I always tell players if you really love the game - the best way to ensure the game will have a long life is:

/tanget_below

If each one of those players sent $100+ to NCSoft - the game would probably sill be running.

Don't stand in game to protest shutdown - it doesn't work - instead - throw as much cash as you can at the game - that ensures servers keep running.

Would've never worked, NCSOFT wanted it dead for new blood and to give the new blood the widest birth of empty void to expand.

Compare how long Wild Star was left open to how long CoH was left open. They didn't even give Paragon the chance for a skeleton crew. It was free to play for less than a year compared to Wildstar's 3 years of free2play. Don't even pretend that there was a reality in which Wild Star made more money during any quarter than CoH. Wild Star couldn't even secure its own financial category.
    wingood
  • SupaMutantSupaMutant Member UncommonPosts: 136

DMKano said:

Actually, it's: "If everyone is special, then no one is special."
    Pher0ciousMr.Gutsy
    5|_|©|< /\/\¥ |)!©|< /\/\!|<3|3
  • foppoteefoppotee Member UncommonPosts: 508

DMKano said:

SBFord said:

DMKano said:

/tanget_below

Holy crapola the way you described that it made me think of a pyramid scheme lol.
  • alyndalealyndale Member UncommonPosts: 936
    I guess it's always about money, huh.

All I want is the truth
    Just gimme some truth
    John Lennon