Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Necromacer question

toddzetoddze Member UncommonPosts: 2,150
I’ve never played ESO but I’m interested in playing as a necromancer. But my question is in this game, will a necromancer be a level 1 choice, or would I have to make a mage character level it up to a certain point, then go to a necromancer skill line? If it’s an opening level 1 class I can just wait until June. If not I can start now so I’d be ready for the necro line.

thanks for the help in advance. 

Waiting for:EQ-Next, ArcheAge (not so much anymore)
Now Playing: N/A
Worst MMO: FFXIV
Favorite MMO: FFXI

Comments

• scarecrow860scarecrow860 Member UncommonPosts: 8
    I think it is safe to assume it will be its own class at start. The Warden was an expansion class and it started from level 1.
    MrMelGibson
  • SaunZSaunZ Member UncommonPosts: 472
    I agree... it will be level 1

but start now so you know how to play

Sz  :)
    IselinMrMelGibson
  • MrMelGibsonMrMelGibson Member EpicPosts: 3,033
    edited January 2019
    Also, if you start now. Cap level 50 and get your CP levels. The CP levels will be available right away when you make a new level 1 Neocro. Just something to think about.
    [Deleted User]Margrave
  • toddzetoddze Member UncommonPosts: 2,150
    thanks guys

Waiting for:EQ-Next, ArcheAge (not so much anymore)
    Now Playing: N/A
    Worst MMO: FFXIV
    Favorite MMO: FFXI

• MadFrenchieMadFrenchie Member LegendaryPosts: 8,505
    edited January 2019
    I know it's just a typo, but your title got me thinking about what a necromacer might actually use to best his or her foes...

Mace made from the corpses of his/her foes? :D

Or maybe the necromacer uses old cans of mace thought long expired?
    MrMelGibson[Deleted User]SaunZ

• AnchorixAnchorix Member UncommonPosts: 10
    Also, if you start now. Cap level 50 and get your CP levels. The CP levels will be available right away when you make a new level 1 Neocro. Just something to think about.
    Good idea, plus you'll be familiar with game mechanics, they have stated the Necro will require a little more skill, also its a class with summon and forget pets, more like turrets and no permanent pets like the Sorceror.

Lurking in the shadows of MMORPG.com since 2004

Played M59, EQ, DAOC, Ultima....etc etc.. the list is almost endless

• 6stack_Chris6stack_Chris Member UncommonPosts: 118
    I get the feeling Necromancer is going to be to ESO what Demon Hunter was to WoW. I have been debating on making one, and retiring my Stam/DK but I feel most the population will do that same. Then again, I do not see a ton of Wardens running around, so maybe they will fade out as well?
    I get the feeling Necromancer is going to be to ESO what Demon Hunter was to WoW. I have been debating on making one, and retiring my Stam/DK but I feel most the population will do that same. Then again, I do not see a ton of Wardens running around, so maybe they will fade out as well?
    I think the implication that guards / NPC's will attack or look unfavourably on you if you are seen casting necromantic spells will soon put folks off, I'm looking forward to it as i've rolled Sorc since beta/release for the necro vibe.

There will be a huge influx and then it will fade to only those that truly want to play the class.

• XasapisXasapis Member RarePosts: 6,337
    What's the major difference between running around with daedra (demonic) minions and undead minions?
    I'd argue that the former is much worse.
    Margrave
  • SovrathSovrath Member LegendaryPosts: 32,002
    Xasapis said:
    What's the major difference between running around with daedra (demonic) minions and undead minions?
    Undead smell something awful.
    Like Skyrim? Need more content? Try my Skyrim mod "Godfred's Tomb." 

Godfred's Tomb Trailer: https://youtu.be/-nsXGddj_4w

Original Skyrim: https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/109547

Try the "Special Edition." 'Cause it's "Special." https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/64878/?tab=description

Serph toze kindly has started a walk-through. https://youtu.be/UIelCK-lldo 
    Xasapis said:
    In the webcast he touched on the fact its to do with altering/summoning in particular the dead which is frowned upon hugely in Elder Scrolls lore...  nothing was mentioned about Daedra, but it is a good point.

• MargraveMargrave Member RarePosts: 1,362
    I will SO make a necro! Been wanting it!

And no one said that daedra smelled nice.
  • 6stack_Chris6stack_Chris Member UncommonPosts: 118
    I think based on what @anchorix said - Deadra are conjured while Necromancers raise the dead. Thus, a fallen comrade could be raised and forced to fight against their will. While Deadra are enemy being forced to fight? Kind of those grey lines (This all all just my thought an opinions and in no way fact)
  • XasapisXasapis Member RarePosts: 6,337
    Sovrath said:
    Xasapis said:
    Undead smell something awful.
    Sulfur vs Methane?
    Sovrath
  • AndraxxAndraxx Member UncommonPosts: 256
    Anchorix said:
    Xasapis said:
    In the webcast he touched on the fact its to do with altering/summoning in particular the dead which is frowned upon hugely in Elder Scrolls lore...  nothing was mentioned about Daedra, but it is a good point.
    Not all Daedra are considered evil. I can think of at least two that fall on the "good" or at worst "neutral" side - Azura and Meridia. Given that one of the sorcerer summons is the winged twilight, which is Azura's messenger, one could argue that not all of the sorcerer's minions would be seen as "evil", just servants of their Prince "on loan" to the summoner.
  • SovrathSovrath Member LegendaryPosts: 32,002
    Andraxx said:
    Anchorix said:
    Xasapis said:
    Not all Daedra are considered evil. I can think of at least two that fall on the "good" or at worst "neutral" side - Azura and Meridia. Given that one of the sorcerer summons is the winged twilight, which is Azura's messenger, one could argue that not all of the sorcerer's minions would be seen as "evil", just servants of their Prince "on loan" to the summoner.
    Well, I winged Twilights will attack you (in Morrowind) so I can understand one thinking they are evil.  >:)
    Like Skyrim? Need more content? Try my Skyrim mod "Godfred's Tomb." 

Godfred's Tomb Trailer: https://youtu.be/-nsXGddj_4w

Original Skyrim: https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/109547

Try the "Special Edition." 'Cause it's "Special." https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/64878/?tab=description

Serph toze kindly has started a walk-through. https://youtu.be/UIelCK-lldo 
    I think based on what @anchorix said - Deadra are conjured while Necromancers raise the dead. Thus, a fallen comrade could be raised and forced to fight against their will. While Deadra are enemy being forced to fight? Kind of those grey lines (This all all just my thought an opinions and in no way fact)
    I think this is right, ultimately Sorc's minions return to their realm, whereas comrades/soldiers etc have no free will and are made to fight without any choice (Plus my Daedra love chewing on various enemies all across Tamriel)

I quite like the fact there will be no perma summons, as mentioned in the Webcast that summoning the dead doesn't always go well and things don't come out right all the time.