Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Just starting out

RidelynnRidelynn Member EpicPosts: 7,383
Ok, so F2P on Steam. I thought the graphics looked halfway pretty, and it's free, so decided to DL and give it a shot.

Currently a L30 Guardian, so not a lot of experience in this game.

Feels a lot like most other Asian F2P titles. A bit more forgiving early on (probably to cater to the West).

What I like so far:

Graphics are pretty.
Combat has potential 
Pets and Mounts available all over
Hunt quests
Various buffs for grouping
Has class roles - not far enough along in the game to see how these work out yet though
Early dungeons are accessible even solo
Autorun

What I don't like:

I can't understand all the different currencies
Armor/Weapons have way to many upgrade mechanics
No diversity in questing
Skills are released so slowly, tactics are pretty useless until you have opened up enough skills to overcome the CD period
The idea of tactics juggling is good, but the implementation feels clunky/slow
Chains trigger off odd key combos - if that is configurable I haven't found it yet
Localization of voice acting is hit or miss
Animation Lock
Occasional severe slowdowns in frame rate
Autorun

Bottom Line:

As a F2P game, I'm pretty forgiving of a lot of flaws. As a purchase/sub, this game would be horrible, and I'm very thankful I waited after the initial release. For F2P, though, I'm actually enjoying myself right now. There's no commitment involved - the game isn't perfect, but if I decide to stop playing tomorrow, I won't feel badly about it.

But for now, it's entertaining. I could see it being a lot more fun with a steady group - but that's true of most games.
MikehaKyleran

Comments

• yucklawyersyucklawyers Member UncommonPosts: 240
    I so desperately wanted to like this game, no good MMORPG's.... sorry, no good *new* MMORPG's have come out for ages.

Got into the dungeons about level 6, did an explore found a blocked 'half' pipe in the corner. Eventually did the quest, after the completion of which, the 'half'-pipe magically becomes an exit. Now, I realize this is about taste, but that kind of linear, lead you by the pinkie stuff I am not in favour of, so alarm bells started ringing... but hey, maybe it's just the beginner bit?

Fudge no.

Finally gave up when I found out you cannot change the font size. Forget add-ons or moveable UI elements. You cannot even change the size of the screen font. I realized I was closer to it than polite company would accept. Lick, lick.

Yeah, sorry, pile of rubbish. I can see why it's failed in every country it's launched.
  • MikehaMikeha Member EpicPosts: 9,196
    edited January 2019
    Ridelynn said:
    Ok, so F2P on Steam. I thought the graphics looked halfway pretty, and it's free, so decided to DL and give it a shot.

Currently a L30 Guardian, so not a lot of experience in this game.

Feels a lot like most other Asian F2P titles. A bit more forgiving early on (probably to cater to the West).

What I like so far:

Graphics are pretty.
    Combat has potential 
    Pets and Mounts available all over
    Hunt quests
    Various buffs for grouping
    Has class roles - not far enough along in the game to see how these work out yet though
    Early dungeons are accessible even solo
    Autorun

What I don't like:

I can't understand all the different currencies
    Armor/Weapons have way to many upgrade mechanics
    No diversity in questing
    Skills are released so slowly, tactics are pretty useless until you have opened up enough skills to overcome the CD period
    The idea of tactics juggling is good, but the implementation feels clunky/slow
    Chains trigger off odd key combos - if that is configurable I haven't found it yet
    Localization of voice acting is hit or miss
    Animation Lock
    Occasional severe slowdowns in frame rate
    Autorun

Bottom Line:

As a F2P game, I'm pretty forgiving of a lot of flaws. As a purchase/sub, this game would be horrible, and I'm very thankful I waited after the initial release. For F2P, though, I'm actually enjoying myself right now. There's no commitment involved - the game isn't perfect, but if I decide to stop playing tomorrow, I won't feel badly about it.

But for now, it's entertaining. I could see it being a lot more fun with a steady group - but that's true of most games.

Other than the technical issues Bless Online is a good game. Good to see that you find it entertaining.

Be careful though because there are a few people on this site that dont have anything to play so they hate to see post like yours. They will call it " defending a fail game " when all you are doing is just saying that you enjoyplaying the game. :/

Kyleran
    edited January 2019
    DMKano said:
    Mikeha said:

Be careful though because there are a few people on this site that dont have anything to play so they hate to see post like yours. They will call it " defending a fail game " when all you are doing is just saying that you enjoyplaying the game. :/

The issue was posting stuff like "thank you Neowiz" or how the game is doing good and will continue to do so, rooting for Neowiz staff etc....

How is there a problem for telling a company thank you for continuing to support a game that you play? If somebody says that about a game what does it have to with you? If you see that as a problem that just shows that you are the one that has a problem. 

Currently playing Black Desert, Echo Of Soul and Blade and Soul and I say thank you to those companies for their support of those games. How is that a problem?

As for saying how the game is doing good and will continue to do so please stop lying. Its pathetic.

Stop hating and here you are following me again.

Kyleran
  • ScotScot Member LegendaryPosts: 22,992
    Mikeha said:

Other than the technical issues Bless Online is a good game. Good to see that you find it entertaining.

Can I see how the issues are not such a concern now it is F2P? Sure I can. Can I forgive the companies involved for bringing MMORPG's in disrepute? No, this genre has enough problems without that.
    Kyleran
    edited January 2019
    DMKano said:
    Mikeha said:

As for saying how the game is doing good and will continue to do so please stop lying. Its pathetic.

Maybe check your own post history before accusing someone of lying and calling them pathetic.

Damn, you really do keep up with me. Sorry but I have better things to do then check post history. Thats what No Lifers do. 

May 2018?

I thought this was recent. I see me giving my personal view of how I see the game. Thats what I have been saying all along. 

And like I said, whats wrong with saying Thank You? How do you feel when you see that? What does it trigger?

Did you have this saved ?  This is getting creepy. 
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.

거북이는 목을 내밀 때 안 움직입니다

edited January 2019
    DMKano said:
    Mikeha said:
    Did you have this saved ?  This is getting creepy. 

Saved? lol why?

You can see everyones entire post history - it's all right here on the site, this site saves everything.

It's a simple search - that's creepy? Huh?

Also I am not following you - I don't follow anyone on this site, I don't know anyone here other the staff members I've met at trade shows (they don't know who I am).

I thought you dont know me?

You remembered something I said from back in May 2018. You searched MY post history. 

I thought you was saying I said that recently knowing the game had lost most of its players. Thats why I did not remember. That was way back at launch when it was actually doing well. 

You are not a follower, you a fan. B) 
    DMKano said:
    Mikeha said:
    You are not a follower, you a fan. B) 

A pathetic, no-lifer fan! 

;)

I accept those too. 
  • RidelynnRidelynn Member EpicPosts: 7,383
    edited January 2019
    I'm curious @Ridelynn of you are still playing?
    Yeah good question.

No.

I made it to about L35. The grind effect really starts to ramp up there, which normally isn't too big of a deal.

But in my entire time running around up to L35, apart from when I was in main cities, I never saw anyone out and about. Never met anyone. The lore was decent, not all that compelling, but not horrible. But the lore and gameplay weren't enough to outweigh the lack of community and various other small issues.

The combo system always felt a bit awkward to me. I never really got comfortable with it. It seemed a lot of the unlocks via leveling were pretty useless until you had unlocked an entire combo progression - because of the cooldowns. And the keyboard triggers I could just never get my fat fingers used to. The multiple currencies and gear upgrade paths I never understood at all.

There for a while I was logging in just to claim the dailies... but honestly, I never got to the point where I even understood what half of the daily give-away items were for.

It isn't a horrible game. It just didn't have a hook. For me, community is the biggest hook, but it isn't the only thing I would bite on. 

That being said - my post history isn't a very good indicator of what I'm playing. I mostly like the hardware community here, and only occasionally will post about games. Right now I'm actually back on SWTOR of all things.
    Kyleran[Deleted User]YashaX
  • KyleranKyleran Member LegendaryPosts: 43,509
    edited January 2019
    @Ridelynn, thanks for checking back in an updating your status on Bless.

Your experience sounds a bit like mine when I tried Runescape a year or so back.

While there were plenty of players I could not seem to connect with any.  Even the guild adverts in game or online were almost incomprehensible as I did not understand what their focus was being chock full of game specific references I did not understand. 

It would go along the lines of "Are you looking for a great guild to do "(something unintelligible)" content? 

Even Googling it didn't really help much, the game just has a phenomenal amount of built up content which I struggled to get into.

So while the gameplay itself was actually pretty good, some of the better quests I've seen actually, I left after my three month sub ran out.

Might not be exactly how it went with Bless, likely it's not content heavy,  but if what is there is confusing and doesn't well support building communities I can see why a new player might struggle to enjoy it.

I've always wanted to try Warframe but have stayed clear from reports it can be quite challenging to understand. (I have near zero shooter experience)

I confess, these days I sort of like my games to be more stupid / easy or at least very familiar which is probably why I was one of the rare few to enjoy FO76 with my 1200 plus hours in FO4 and recently joined a new DAOC freeshard.

"True friends stab you in the front." | Oscar Wilde 

"I need to finish" - Christian Wolff: The Accountant

Just trying to live long enough to play a new, released MMORPG, playing New Worlds atm

Fools find no pleasure in understanding but delight in airing their own opinions. Pvbs 18:2, NIV

Don't just play games, inhabit virtual worlds™

"This is the most intelligent, well qualified and articulate response to a post I have ever seen on these forums. It's a shame most people here won't have the attention span to read past the second line." - Anon

• RidelynnRidelynn Member EpicPosts: 7,383
    Warframe is fun. There are people all over.

It's just the style that I can't do well at. When playing with other people, I'm constantly just running to catch up - they have everything killed and are flying ahead. It feels more like a ninja foot race than it does a FPS.

It also has a lot of very confusing systems. I am certain I was ignoring 75% of the game because I just hadn't come to understand it all yet.

The game is cool though - at least give it a DL to play a bit single player. I will bounce in on occasion on my PS4 and just run some solo stuff when I need to scratch that itch.
    Kyleran