Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Diablo III Season 16 Kicks Off with New 'Ring of Grandeur' Bonus - MMORPG.com

SBFordSBFord Former Associate EditorMember LegendaryPosts: 33,129
edited January 2019 in News & Features Discussion

imageDiablo III Season 16 Kicks Off with New 'Ring of Grandeur' Bonus - MMORPG.com

Diablo III players can log in to get started in Season 16, this time with the new "Ring of Grandeur" bonus. For the entire season, players will be able to leverage the ring's bonus that reduces the number of items needed for set bonuses by 1. As with seasons past, players can collect a number of cosmetic rewards and take part in seasonal conquests to collect a complete set of armor based on class.

Read the full story here

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 

Comments

• ScorchienScorchien Member LegendaryPosts: 8,914
    Thats actually a nice feature on that ring and will open up some build options , ill be jumping in to chk it out tonite

Life2v
    edited January 2019
    DMKano said:
    It is so unbelievable to think that Trion is still doing these "absolutely terrible" changes after all these years of fans clearly being disappointed by lack of content.

Unreal.

Like what here screams "man I gotta log into"Trion Game" and try this out!" - yeah nothing.

FIXED
    kertinViper482IselinJeroKaneKlikaeFolmenNarmorAzaron_Nightblade
    DMKano said:
    Scorchien said:
    DMKano said:
    It is so unbelievable to think that Trion is still doing these "absolutely terrible" changes after all these years of fans clearly being disappointed by lack of content.

Unreal.

Like what here screams "man I gotta log into"Trion Game" and try this out!" - yeah nothing.

FIXED

Trino is long dead - but you keep clinging to the corpse.

Maybe it's time to let it go?

Wait .... whaaat Trions Dead .. how when .. .. what a tragedy .. But you always told us how great they are .. How can this be ...

im saddened and shocked ..
  • FonclFoncl Member UncommonPosts: 347
    edited January 2019
    The Path of Diablo and Median XL mods for Diablo II also had ladder resets yesterday.

Path of Diablo is a similar experience to Diablo II with skill rebalancing so most skills are viable, minor item changes, quality of life changes as well as some tweaks inspired by Path of Exile. Check the Path of Diablo homepage for more info.

Median XL is a very different experience to Diablo II, only recommended for experienced Diablo II players because it's more complex and challenging. Check the Median XL homepage for more info.

Both mods are great and only require a copy of Diablo II and the Lord of Destruction expansion to play.

Post edited by Foncl on
    CazrielKlikaeXingbairong
  • Tiamat64Tiamat64 Member RarePosts: 1,545
    edited January 2019
    Scorchien said:

Wait .... whaaat Trions Dead .. how when .. .. what a tragedy .. But you always told us how great they are .. How can this be ...

im saddened and shocked ..
    Ain't nothin' wrong with acknowledging that BOTH Trion AND Diablo 3 are dead (ish).
  • hfztthfztt Member RarePosts: 1,401
    I sat with four friends for a nine hour session from the kick off last night. They have made some much needed balance changes this time round. Was fun as always...
    ScorchienJeroKaneKlikaeLife2v
  • miawanmiawan Member UncommonPosts: 22

hfztt said:

I sat with four friends for a nine hour session from the kick off last night. They have made some much needed balance changes this time round. Was fun as always...

Until you look at the leaderboard and see people already paragon 2000. Even if you find perfect gear, they will always be stronger than you because of paragon stat points.
    [Deleted User]KlikaeFolmen
  • IselinIselin Member LegendaryPosts: 18,719
    Playing a Wiz again this season. I don't really like the Archon game play so it'll take me a while to get geared up for my Tal Rasha meteor build that I know and love because Kadala hates me.
    [Deleted User]Scorchien
    "Social media gives legions of idiots the right to speak when they once only spoke at a bar after a glass of wine, without harming the community ... but now they have the same right to speak as a Nobel Prize winner. It's the invasion of the idiots”

― Umberto Eco

“Microtransactions? In a single player role-playing game? Are you nuts?” 
    ― CD PROJEKT RED

• axulthrullaxulthrull Member UncommonPosts: 42
    "Don't you have phones?"
    Warlyx[Deleted User]
  • LimnicLimnic Member RarePosts: 1,116
    edited January 2019
    Wasn't that ring already in the game?

Is the "new" part simply adding the bonus to starting-off seasonal characters to make collecting set bonuses a little easier for their Nth grind?
    [Deleted User]
  • BobVaBobVa Member UncommonPosts: 125
    miawan said:

hfztt said:

Until you look at the leaderboard and see people already paragon 2000. Even if you find perfect gear, they will always be stronger than you because of paragon stat points.
    So uhm .. we should not having fun in a game because other players will always be ahead of us?! 

...and Kano 'loving' your post. Says a lot about you two....gamers, lol !
    Khorrax
  • BeansnBreadBeansnBread Member EpicPosts: 7,254
    edited January 2019
    DMKano said:
    BobVa said:
    miawan said:

hfztt said:

So uhm .. we should not having fun in a game because other players will always be ahead of us?! 

Do what you will - nobody here is saying "don't have fun"

The criticism is on Blizzard's lack of effort put into Diablo 3.
    What the actual fuck? That Blizzard puts any effort at all into an action RPG that came out in 2012 is head and shoulders above any other developer. Obviously you are weirdly biased about this particular subject and I'm not surprised people call you out on it.
    IselinScorchien[Deleted User]
    DMKano said:
    BobVa said:
    miawan said:

hfztt said:

Do what you will - nobody here is saying "don't have fun"

The criticism is on Blizzard's lack of effort put into Diablo 3.
    What the actual fuck? That Blizzard puts any effort at all into an action RPG that came out in 2012 is head and shoulders above any other developer. Obviously you are weirdly biased about this particular subject and I'm not surprised people call you out on it.
    And ill add game is pretty busy and  every single person in my UO guild is currently in D3 ( 7 of us) ...

So seems there are people that want to play and are ... 

the irony and my point of railing .. Is some people need to Let It Go
    DMKano said:

It's my opinion - not sure why it's getting to you so bad?

Say it with me - 7 years, one single expansion.....
    You got me. One expansion for a game from 2012.
    DMKano said:
    DMKano said:

I don't think you are understanding what I am saying - I am not saying release an expansion for D3 now, no.

Diablo 3 release - 2012
    Reaper of Souls expansion - 2014

From 2014 to 2019 - necro? 

That period from 2014+ - is what IMO is a total lack of effort on Blizzards part to add more content to D3

An expansion in 2016/17 would have gone a long way - but nothing happened.

So again when I see a successful game like D3 have no major expansionsadded for 5 years - I am going to call that a lack of effort.

If that gets a WTF from you - then I don't know what to tell you.
    You can call it a lack of effort, but I think most reasonable people would call that biased and stupid. Call it whatever you want, but while they may not have supported the game like an MMORPG (which comes with a payment model), they have definitely supported it over the years. 

And of course you don't know what to tell me. You are arguing from a stupid viewpoint.
    Life2vUnbino
  • EnsiferEnsifer Member UncommonPosts: 49

DMKano said:

DMKano said:

I don't think you are understanding what I am saying - I am not saying release an expansion for D3 now, no.

Diablo 3 release - 2012

That period from 2014+ - is what IMO is a total lack of effort on Blizzards part to add more content to D3

So again when I see a successful game like D3 have no major expansionsadded for 5 years - I am going to call that a lack of effort.

You can call it a lack of effort, but I think most reasonable people would call that biased and stupid. Call it whatever you want, but while they may not have supported the game like an MMORPG (which comes with a payment model), they have definitely supported it over the years. 

And of course you don't know what to tell me. You are arguing from a stupid viewpoint.

So you're saying 5 years of absolutely no content, no expansion, no sequel is okay? coming from the 3rd most sold PC game of all time?

[Deleted User]psychosiz1marcio519Life2vUnbino
    Ensifer said:

DMKano said:

DMKano said:

Diablo 3 release - 2012

So you're saying 5 years of absolutely no content, no expansion, no sequel is okay? coming from the 3rd most sold PC game of all time?

Yes. It's a game. There isn't a responsibility at all to support a game indefinitely. The amount of stupid is deafening.
    psychosiz1Unbino
  • hikaru77hikaru77 Member UncommonPosts: 1,123
    And that's why path of exile have 60k concurrent players.
    [Deleted User]psychosiz1
    hikaru77 said:
    And that's why path of exile have 60k concurrent players.
    Path of Exile is a great game. So play it.
    edited January 2019
    DMKano said:

Yes. It's a game. There isn't a responsibility at all to support a game indefinitely. The amount of stupid is deafening.

I think you are confusing players wishing that Blizzard did more in the last 5 years for D3 - with "responsibility to support a game indefinitely".

The amount of failing to grasp this simple difference is quite sad :(

Here's an example from a competing game - Path of Exile

Path of Exile - released in 2013

Expansions for Path of Exile so far:

Path of Exile has had several expansions since it was officially released. Below is a list of all expansions in order of release date.

So it's unreasonable for players to desire 1 more single expansion from 2014-2019 for D3?

Yeah about that.....

So then play Path of Exile.

It's reasonable to accept that D3 isn't PoE. Play whatever you like more. I like PoE WAY more than D3. That doesn't mean I'm stupid enough to make the statement that D3 isn't supporting it's game enough (a game that actually does have some support 6 years later). I mean, I literally hate it when people talk about entitlement, but for fucks sake.
    DMKano said:

That doesn't mean I'm stupid enough to make the statement that D3 isn't supporting it's game enough (a game that actually does have some support 6 years later). I mean, I literally hate it when people talk about entitlement, but for fucks sake.

Difference of opinions - way to take this so personally over simple desire that I wish Blizzard made another expansion for D3 since 2014.

Wouldn't that be awesome for D3? 

OMG - THE ENTITLEMENT!

lulz 
    Your whining is obnoxious at best, counterproductive at worst. In other words, your comments don't actually matter that much. But in the end, your response is that I took it too personally. From my perspective, you took it too personally and made a series embarrassingly biased comments. And at the end here, you apparently decided to make it personal yourself.

It's D3. They still support the game to this day. Whining about what you feel entitled to is weird at best. It's certainly not the opinion of a healthy adult. Wherever your bias comes from, I'm fine with it. Just expect some pushback when you make stupid claims based on that bias.
    Scorchien
  • LimnicLimnic Member RarePosts: 1,116
    Wait, we're applauding studios for having games on life support now?

People must love Daybreak again then.
    XingbairongiamspamicusLife2v
    Some of you guys are so far up the "games as a service" ass that you expect to be fed new xpacs on a regular basis or you get downright bitchy about it.

Diablo 1 : 1 xpac
    Diabllo 2: 1 xpac
    Diablo 3: let's call it 1.5

Not everything is an MMO you know.

[Deleted User]
    "Social media gives legions of idiots the right to speak when they once only spoke at a bar after a glass of wine, without harming the community ... but now they have the same right to speak as a Nobel Prize winner. It's the invasion of the idiots”

― Umberto Eco

― CD PROJEKT RED

• AeanderAeander Member LegendaryPosts: 7,838
    Iselin said:
    Some of you guys are so far up the "games as a service" ass that you expect to be fed new xpacs on a regular basis or you get downright bitchy about it.

I wouldn't say that. It's more that the series has received little of significance in over 4 years.

Anyway, "games as a service" isn't a bad thing. It is a tool in the toolbox, which can be done well or poorly, and Path of Exile is demonstrating that it can be done exceptionally well in this particular genre. It's only natural to want more of it.
    [Deleted User]psychosiz1JeroKane
    Aeander said:
    Iselin said:

I wouldn't say that. It's more that the series has received little of significance in over 4 years.

Anyway, "games as a service" isn't a bad thing. It is a tool in the toolbox, which can be done well or poorly, and Path of Exile is demonstrating that it can be done exceptionally well in this particular genre. It's only natural to want more of it.
    Speaking of doing it poorly... don't you find it ironic that the same people bitching about Diablo 3 not having more xpacs are excited that a new version of WOW that dates back to the time before the first xpac is going to be released this year?

Apparently xpacs are not necessarily a good thing :)
    Scorchien

― Umberto Eco

― CD PROJEKT RED