Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Anthem's Legendary Contracts Livestream Recap

SBFordSBFord Former Associate EditorMember LegendaryPosts: 33,129
edited January 2019 in News & Features Discussion

imageAnthem's Legendary Contracts Livestream Recap

Yesterday’s Anthem livestream was a bit of an interesting one as it gave us a peek at something players will be able to do at endgame: Legendary Contracts. My original understanding was that the stream would focus on Anthem’s weapons, but the change in plans wasn’t a bad one.

Read the full story here

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 

Comments

• RexKushmanRexKushman Member RarePosts: 639
    It's good to see the devs constantly releasing info like they have been lately. That plus the free play week before launch give a sense that they are pretty confident in the how the game will be received. I'm really eager to get to try it.
    Aeanderhallucigenocide[Deleted User]Octagon7711[Deleted User]ConstantineMerusVexiusx

• AeanderAeander Member LegendaryPosts: 7,839
    edited January 2019
    It's good to see the devs constantly releasing info like they have been lately. That plus the free play week before launch give a sense that they are pretty confident in the how the game will be received. I'm really eager to get to try it.
    I agree. And I'll probably enjoy it on the grounds that good third person shooters are becoming increasingly hard to come by. 
    RexKushmancmacq[Deleted User]Octagon7711Vexiusx
  • jgDuffayjgDuffay Member UncommonPosts: 237
    I really hope so too, but I stand skeptical. Even after the open beta / demo. Desitny had a great demo. I will wait for user reviews before i decide on this beast
    Aeander
  • WizardryWizardry Member LegendaryPosts: 19,332
    edited January 2019
    VERY lazy idea to just add missions to repeat the same stuff you already been doing the entire time.This is exactly the lazy effort i talked about in another thread,an idea that takes but a few lines of code they can write in a day or two and not have to add really anything else to the game.
    End game needs to be something fresh and new,a whole new feeling of a different game,think more like an EVENT. Then again this game at least to me looks to be banking on small lanes/pads /parcels of land so very tough to have any events or large scale end game type content like that.

Basically end game should not become a point of let's repeat everything but attach a grind to it,so yeah lazy ...cheap approach.
    Octagon7711Strizzy12GdemamiTacticalZombehPhryMaddog666

Never forget 3 mile Island and never trust a government official or company spokesman.

• Octagon7711Octagon7711 Member LegendaryPosts: 9,000
    Wizardry said:
    VERY lazy idea to just add missions to repeat the same stuff you already been doing the entire time.This is exactly the lazy effort i talked about in another thread,an idea that takes but a few lines of code they can write in a day or two and not have to add really anything else to the game.
    End game needs to be something fresh and new,a whole new feeling of a different game,think more like an EVENT. Then again this game at least to me looks to be banking on small lanes/pads /parcels of land so very tough to have any events or large scale end game type content like that.

Basically end game should not become a point of let's repeat everything but attach a grind to it,so yeah lazy ...cheap approach.
    That pretty much sums up Destiny 2.  They nailed the combat flow and storytelling.  A lot will depend on Anthem's combat and how engaging their stories are..

"We all do the best we can based on life experience, point of view, and our ability to believe in ourselves." - Naropa      "We don't see things as they are, we see them as we are."  SR Covey

• RobbgobbRobbgobb Member UncommonPosts: 674

Wizardry said:

With the constant negative responses from you that I always see then really curious when your AAA game is coming that you are making to show everyone how to do it right. Never seen a post of yours when I read comments that is positive.
    Loot grinding and higher difficulty is what Diablo and PoE offer and people keep playing those. Just look at the rabid fan base for Diable 2. Same thing with raiding in MMOs as reach end game and then it is just grind. I love having more content but I know that it takes time.

Really looking forward to this game. It was already said that Bioware can add difficulty levels on their side so if fun then I will be happy to have a shooter looter.
    cmacq[Deleted User]TacticalZombehmoroelSephrosShadowStyleBMaddog666Vexiusx
    Robbgobb said:

Wizardry said:

With the constant negative responses from you that I always see then really curious when your AAA game is coming that you are making to show everyone how to do it right. Never seen a post of yours when I read comments that is positive.
    Loot grinding and higher difficulty is what Diablo and PoE offer and people keep playing those. Just look at the rabid fan base for Diable 2. Same thing with raiding in MMOs as reach end game and then it is just grind. I love having more content but I know that it takes time.

Really looking forward to this game. It was already said that Bioware can add difficulty levels on their side so if fun then I will be happy to have a shooter looter.
    Wizardry doesn't love games. He loves to hate games.
    Sovrath[Deleted User][Deleted User]TacticalZombehXarkomoroelShadowStyleBMaddog666
  • hallucigenocidehallucigenocide Member RarePosts: 1,015
    only way to do "end game" is to make it repetitive.
    there's no way in hell anyone can come up with new stuff to match the rate of consumption.
    they can probably fake it and add some rng to it like Anthem seems to be doing but it's still going to be you repeating the same tasks. you either enjoy it or don't but jeez lower your expectations or quit gaming all together because what you're after isn't realistic.

Octagon7711ShadowStyleBMaddog666ConstantineMerus

I had fun once, it was terrible.

• XiaokiXiaoki Member EpicPosts: 3,855

jgDuffay said:

I really hope so too, but I stand skeptical. Even after the open beta / demo. Desitny had a great demo. I will wait for user reviews before i decide on this beast

So, if you play the demo and you like it you are going to wait for the opinions of others to tell you if should get it or not.

This is just me, but I trust my opinion more than anyone elses.
    ShadowStyleBMaddog666

Xiaoki said:

jgDuffay said:

So, if you play the demo and you like it you are going to wait for the opinions of others to tell you if should get it or not.

This is correct. I also trust my own opinion more than others, but i also trust my own money more in my hands than in the hands of EA. And a demo wont tell me squat about endgame, which will be the majority of the game
    Gdemami
  • XarkoXarko Member EpicPosts: 1,180

Robbgobb said:

Wizardry said:

It's a troll, one done in a way as to not get banned but all of it's posts are troll posts. Best to just ignore it and move on.

Those damn internet trolls and russian bots keep posting mean stuff, but us regular good people know everything is nice and dandy.
  • PhryPhry Member LegendaryPosts: 11,004

Robbgobb said:

Wizardry said:

It's a troll, one done in a way as to not get banned but all of it's posts are troll posts. Best to just ignore it and move on.
    Feel free to ignore if you want, but if you are going to reply to him, at least try to counter his arguments, because right now, he's won the argument because you responded with personal attacks rather than trying to disprove his.  :/
    GdemamiAeanderMaddog666
  • PhryPhry Member LegendaryPosts: 11,004
    edited January 2019

[mod edit]

Probably where you find out what the difference is between a clap and a standing ovation  ;)
    Post edited by Vaross on
    RexKushmanMaddog666ConstantineMerus
  • sgelsgel Member EpicPosts: 2,197
    What games does Wizardry play?
    He puts down every game he comments on :love:
    Maddog666Vexiusx

..Cake..

• KingNaidKingNaid Member UncommonPosts: 1,875
    jgDuffay said:

Xiaoki said:

jgDuffay said:

This is correct. I also trust my own opinion more than others, but i also trust my own money more in my hands than in the hands of EA. And a demo wont tell me squat about endgame, which will be the majority of the game
    pretty sure at end game you will be doing various activities that require combat in order to get loot. And im sure the combat mechanics are the same from beginning to end.
  • KingNaidKingNaid Member UncommonPosts: 1,875

sgel said:

What games does Wizardry play?
    He puts down every game he comments on :love:

We know he likes FFXI but outside of that I do not remember the last time he mentioned another game with the same enthusiasm

he likes ff11 because the combat is on his pace

KingNaid said:

jgDuffay said:

Xiaoki said:

jgDuffay said:

pretty sure at end game you will be doing various activities that require combat in order to get loot. And im sure the combat mechanics are the same from beginning to end.

Ok. So thats how it is. Why din't you just say so. xD
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0
    edited January 2019
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
    edited January 2019
    Arterius said:
    So let me get this straight, if you have an opinion other than the current shill press that is going around you're a troll?

That's asinine. If you have to insult someone, you already lost the argument.
    I can't speak for everybody else but I think what they meant is that he never says anything good about any game but FFXI. If he does its brief and usually in the same post brings up ten other negatives. Everyone here is critical about something but they are also positive as well. If you are on this site and constantly negative 95% of the time then you are either trolling or torturing yourself.
    It's also apparent that his criticisms are cut and paste. There is like a 95% chance in any post that something will be called "cheap," "lazy," or both.
    [Deleted User]RexKushmanMaddog666
  • XasapisXasapis Member RarePosts: 6,337
    It's kind of odd that the game hasn't launched yet and they are axing the original price.
  • LimnicLimnic Member RarePosts: 1,116
    Xiaoki said:

jgDuffay said:

Well, can be to the reason they cited Destiny's demo.
    It can be a good experience in a finite context, but if the game doesn't stand up to regular play then that is where you'll run into problems. It needs the longevity and the balance in the gameplay needs to cater to that.

Other user reviews are valuable for that because it helps you see the scope of consumable content, something that you will otherwise have to individually delve into the full scope of the game to discover yourself otherwise (which then defeats the purpose since that'd mean you had to buy the game any ways to discover this).

So in short. A short demo can be a good experience, but not reflect potential gameplay, gear, progression imbalances or other pitfalls to the game's content or scope. user reviews helps you seek out if there are such flaws in the full retail before committing to the purchase yourself.
  • WarlyxWarlyx Member EpicPosts: 3,364
    edited January 2019
    this game can be fun for a while but in the end u just shoot things , smash your skills when needed , and receive loot , oh dodge some fire here and there....

i love it because flying but if gameplay is solid and isnt as boring as it looks ...sold!
  • quix0tequix0te Member UncommonPosts: 138
    I find it interesting that you guys just spent like twenty minutes discussing some random, disagreeable dude. For myself, one of my favorite things about the internet is when I encounter a random, disagreeable person, I can mute them. Its freaking awesome.
    If somebody doesn't know how to offer up praise or at least constructive criticism, only bile, then thats *why* the mute/ignore button was invented.
  • rojoArcueidrojoArcueid Member EpicPosts: 10,722
    edited January 2019
    I would like to see this type of game in a medieval fantasy setting with swords and sorcery.

We already have 3 games directly competing with each other while doing exactly the same things and they are all shooters (The Division, Destiny and now Anthem).

Its completely unnecessary to saturate the market like that, fighting for the same audience.

• XasapisXasapis Member RarePosts: 6,337
    Arterius said:
    Xasapis said:
    It's kind of odd that the game hasn't launched yet and they are axing the original price.
    In my neck of the woods, South Dakota, it isn't discounted at all. Unless you count the discount you get if you are a EA access subscriber on console or if your an orgin account subscriber on PC
    Is there any other way to get the game? I mean on PC.