Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

MapleStory 2 Devs to Actively Work with the Community to Change 'Major Pain Points'

SBFordSBFord Former Associate EditorMember LegendaryPosts: 33,129
edited January 2019 in News & Features Discussion

imageMapleStory 2 Devs to Actively Work with the Community to Change 'Major Pain Points'

The MapleStory 2 site has been updated with a new producer's letter that lays out the details of a new communications initiative. The 3-month project will begin soon and is focused primarily on actively working with the community to gather feedback to "make changes to the major pain points of the game".

Read the full story here

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 

Comments

• renstarensta Member RarePosts: 728
    Cool, enjoying this game a lot for what it is.

Basically clicking away text windows ruins every MMO, try to have fun instead of rushing things. Without story and lore all there is left is a bunch of mechanics.
    Add Multi-Quote

• kitaradkitarad Member LegendaryPosts: 7,919
    I only wish they allowed the combat system and key mapping to be more robust. It was painful to play this on the mouse and KB. I could not remap the keys to anything that was comfortable.
    BillMurphy

• KajidourdenKajidourden Member EpicPosts: 3,030

kitarad said:

I only wish they allowed the combat system and key mapping to be more robust. It was painful to play this on the mouse and KB. I could not remap the keys to anything that was comfortable.

Controller really is the only way to play.
  • crankkedcrankked Member UncommonPosts: 284
    When I played I mapped the movement to the arrow keys and used QWERTASDF for skills. Don't bother with the mouse, they botched that control function.
  • ScotScot Member LegendaryPosts: 22,986
    "major pain points" How did they get that past PR? Who would have told us that Minor Community Issues were being looked at because we care. 
  • Tiamat64Tiamat64 Member RarePosts: 1,545
    edited January 2019
    I find it sad that a game that looked like it could have been a wonderful sandbox (it had housing and mini-games all over the place and open world!) ended up being such a generic grinding raiding MMO (where the only things that matter are dungeon runs and raiding over and over and over again, with the open world being useless) that pain points are even a thing.