Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Star Trek Online Devs Detail Ninth Anniversary Activities - MMORPG.com

SBFordSBFord Former Associate EditorMember LegendaryPosts: 33,127
edited January 2019 in News & Features Discussion

imageStar Trek Online Devs Detail Ninth Anniversary Activities - MMORPG.com

The Star Trek Online site has been updated with a new developer diary that lays out the details about the game's upcoming ninth anniversary. The event kicks off on January 23rd and will run through February 11th. During the anniversary celebration, a number of activities will be available for party hearty captains.

Read the full story here

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 

Comments

• meonthissitemeonthissite Member UncommonPosts: 917
    Vague announcements of rewards and repeat awards that were given previously in all of the other anniversary events is part of the reason why this game is so dead!
    Agent_Josephgastovski1
  • foppoteefoppotee Member UncommonPosts: 465
    I won't say this game is dead, but it does seem to be in a decline. However, it is still fun mostly despite the prevailing of more & more "gambling" mechanics in the game.

The Omega Molecule Stabilization Game is a good time for players to be able to earn upgrades eventually even though it is a grind & seems to mostly benefit "whale" & "farmer" players.

This Vulcan, T'Pau, Scout Ship looks interesting in the first pic, but stats haven't been released yet so who knows if it will be any good or just for show. It is another "free" earnable ship though with just time invested.

The Party Patrol is completed with minimal effort, but I forget the rewards usually for doing so. The Party Popper changes slightly with every year. The emotes, I think 9, will be welcomed by some players & ignored by others, but it adds more I guess to the social-butterfly players.

Also, yesterday & today Cryptic just gave for "free" the Jem'Hadar Tactical uniform from the C-Store & today gave players 2 dilithium mining tokens which are usually only found by opening-up the in-game "gambling" lock boxes so that's a potential 20K dilithium for free.

Surprising nothing along the lines of Discovery themed though since Discovery just began it's second season so far.
    Scot
  • ScotScot Member LegendaryPosts: 19,455
    edited January 2019

foppotee said:

I won't say this game is dead, but it does seem to be in a decline. However, it is still fun mostly despite the prevailing of more & more "gambling" mechanics in the game.

The Omega Molecule Stabilization Game is a good time for players to be able to earn upgrades eventually even though it is a grind & seems to mostly benefit "whale" & "farmer" players.

This Vulcan, T'Pau, Scout Ship looks interesting in the first pic, but stats haven't been released yet so who knows if it will be any good or just for show. It is another "free" earnable ship though with just time invested.

The Party Patrol is completed with minimal effort, but I forget the rewards usually for doing so. The Party Popper changes slightly with every year. The emotes, I think 9, will be welcomed by some players & ignored by others, but it adds more I guess to the social-butterfly players.

Also, yesterday & today Cryptic just gave for "free" the Jem'Hadar Tactical uniform from the C-Store & today gave players 2 dilithium mining tokens which are usually only found by opening-up the in-game "gambling" lock boxes so that's a potential 20K dilithium for free.

Surprising nothing along the lines of Discovery themed though since Discovery just began it's second season so far.

Welcome to the boards!

Shame to hear STO has turned like so many other MMOs to making gaming all about the gambling.
    Post edited by Scot on
  • ScorchienScorchien Member LegendaryPosts: 8,914
     Hmm instant pops for every que ... ... game is busy ... great story lines and endless theory crafting ..
  • vegetableoilvegetableoil Member RarePosts: 761
    When you have more than 50 ships, you ask yourselves what is there more to get? More ships. Sometimes I wonder if this is a pokemon game.
  • jaymesbondjaymesbond Member UncommonPosts: 48
    Scorchien said:
     Hmm instant pops for every que ... ... game is busy ... great story lines and endless theory crafting ..
    Are we playing the same game?

Even the limited-time queue "Rescue the Kobayashi Maru" or whatever it's called is taking me around a minute to start.  A minute's not a lot, but considering it's a limited-time queue, it should pop way faster.
  • ScorchienScorchien Member LegendaryPosts: 8,914
    .. woahhh  a entire minute .. OMG .. but yea my ques been under a minute as always ..

But i understand how an entire minute could put some people off..it is unacceptable
  • jaymesbondjaymesbond Member UncommonPosts: 48
    You were the one who said "instant pops for every que."  I don't know what game you've been playing, but instant pops for every queue is quite untrue for STO.  Even under a minute is pretty unbelievable.

Yeah, a minute wait time is nothing, but I was only pointing out that a minute wait time for a limited-time queue is contrary to "game is busy."
  • LimnicLimnic Member RarePosts: 1,116
    When you have more than 50 ships, you ask yourselves what is there more to get? More ships. Sometimes I wonder if this is a pokemon game.
    Still waiting for them to add tribble-mon battles.