Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Star Citizen: Around the Verse - Hover Bikes & Better Female Character Models - MMORPG.com

SystemSystem Member UncommonPosts: 12,599
edited January 2019 in Videos Discussion

imageStar Citizen: Around the Verse - Hover Bikes & Better Female Character Models - MMORPG.com

The latest edition of the Star Citizen: Around the Verse is out and about, this time hosted by Eric Kieron Davis and Josh Herman. "In this week's update, we see how hover bikes will work in the new flight model, and how devs are re-targeting animations to make female playable characters unique and authentic".

Read the full story here

Comments

• LilithMLilithM Member UncommonPosts: 82
    edited January 2019
    As someone who tend to often talk about wishing for more female leads in games and movies, when I have a discussion with my friends. I I'm not among those who think female and male characters should have exactly the same animations and even clothes (civilian clothes minds you, not talking military). I prefer my character to have more feminine animations, no matter if she's walking, sitting, leaning against a rail like in the video, etc. It just look better than the masculine ones.
    Erillion
  • SupaMutantSupaMutant Member UncommonPosts: 136
    Instead of spending time making hover bikes, they could have spent that time finishing the game.
    KooturNorseGodgastovski1Pher0ciousMr.Gutsy
    5|_|©|< /\/\¥ |)!©|< /\/\!|<3|3
  • foxgirlfoxgirl Member RarePosts: 485
    Funny, I could have sworn hoverbikes were part of the game... so it's not like they are making a bike for some other game. *eyeroll*
    kryntokgervaise1tweedledumb99TacticalZombehgastovski1Erillion
  • Arkade99Arkade99 Member RarePosts: 538
    foxgirl said:
    Funny, I could have sworn hoverbikes were part of the game... so it's not like they are making a bike for some other game. *eyeroll*
    They aren't exactly content though.
    KooturNorseGodAalamr
  • kryntokkryntok Member UncommonPosts: 77

Arkade99 said:

foxgirl said:

Would you rather walk?
    JoeBloberErillion
  • gervaise1gervaise1 Member EpicPosts: 6,919

Arkade99 said:

foxgirl said:

And here was I thinking that they had more than one person on the team and were able to do more than one thing at once ...... oh wait they are.

On a serious note its good, imo, that they have made the extra effort to create "female" characters as opposed to pseudo-female animations.

Understandable though why a lot of companies, especially those with lower budgets or ones just seeking to do the minimum, only have generic animations (male or female) since it does involve extra time and cost.
    JoeBlobertweedledumb99
  • SiveriaSiveria Member UncommonPosts: 1,419
    I still personally think this game is vaporware as its been in dev and sucking money out of people for so long with nothing to really show for it in terms of being able to actually play it for the public.
    KooturRhime

Being a pessimist is a win-win pattern of thinking. If you're a pessimist (I'll admit that I am!) you're either:

A. Proven right (if something bad happens)

or

B. Pleasantly surprised (if something good happens)

Either way, you can't lose! Try it out sometime!

• Tiamat64Tiamat64 Member RarePosts: 1,545
    edited January 2019
    gervaise1 said:

Arkade99 said:

foxgirl said:

And here was I thinking that they had more than one person on the team and were able to do more than one thing at once ...... oh wait they are.

On a serious note its good, imo, that they have made the extra effort to create "female" characters as opposed to pseudo-female animations.

Understandable though why a lot of companies, especially those with lower budgets or ones just seeking to do the minimum, only have generic animations (male or female) since it does involve extra time and cost.

Gotta make the hoverbikes.  And the tanks.  And the land developing and housing.  And functioning NPCS.  And functioning AI.  And salvaging.  And hospitalization. And police.  And 50 more star systems or whatever.

It's okay because it's all part of the game, yo.  See you in the verse in 20 more years!
    Kootur
  • 3dom3dom Member RarePosts: 889
    Are the ugly female models in the video "before" or "after" variant?

Thank you for your time!

• BobVaBobVa Member UncommonPosts: 125
    2025 : First ever in-game Alpha Female screenshot is Leaked to the internet.
  • Octagon7711Octagon7711 Member LegendaryPosts: 9,000
    Tiamat64 said:
    gervaise1 said:

Arkade99 said:

foxgirl said:

Gotta make the hoverbikes.  And the tanks.  And the land developing and housing.  And functioning NPCS.  And functioning AI.  And salvaging.  And hospitalization. And police.  And 50 more star systems or whatever.

It's okay because it's all part of the game, yo.  See you in the verse in 20 more years!
    I think functioning AI will take a lot longer than the current plan calls for.  They want them to have detailed lives as well as some who can man different functions of your ship.  That's going to take some doing.  

I was just playing X4, it's pretty good what their AI can do. 

"We all do the best we can based on life experience, point of view, and our ability to believe in ourselves." - Naropa      "We don't see things as they are, we see them as we are."  SR Covey

• JoeBloberJoeBlober Member RarePosts: 586

Instead of spending time making hover bikes, they could have spent that time finishing the game.

But.. it is part of the game hence they do finish it as per your request :)
    TacticalZombeh

Siveria said:

I still personally think this game is vaporware as its been in dev and sucking money out of people for so long with nothing to really show for it in terms of being able to actually play it for the public.

Ubisoft still have not released "beyond good and evil 2" after 10 years of development... vaporware/scam, worst scam ever with +500 devs

BobVa said:

2025 : First ever in-game Alpha Female screenshot is Leaked to the internet.

sure, 3.5 with female will be delivered end of Q1 2019... 6 years before your estimation :)
    tweedledumb99
  • ArglebargleArglebargle Member EpicPosts: 3,395
    Tiamat64 said:
    gervaise1 said:

Arkade99 said:

foxgirl said:

Real Soon Now! tm

If you are holding out for the perfect game, the only game you play will be the waiting one.

• NorseGodNorseGod Member EpicPosts: 2,654
    edited January 2019
    *edit

Nope. Not gonna make it that easy.
    Post edited by NorseGod on
    To talk about games without the censorship, check out https://www.reddit.com/r/MMORPG/
  • goboygogoboygo Member RarePosts: 2,141
    Hover bike are part of the game, so they are now closer to finishing the game.
    JoeBlober
    3dom said:
    Are the ugly female models in the video "before" or "after" variant?
    Well they do actually look like normal females as opposed to the half naked child/women depicted in most games these days.  But I guess whatever you've grown accustom to seeing becomes the norm and the old normal is "ugly".
    JoeBlober
  • CembryeCembrye Member UncommonPosts: 65
    I like normal looking females as opposed to the idealized video versions. People can create what they want of course, but a lot of other games seem to stick you with cookie-cutter choices.
    JoeBlober
  • renstarensta Member RarePosts: 728
    \Well, soon we are going into the second month of 2019.... I guess full release is now around 2023-2024?.....at least we will have feminine animations, they should also add transgender animations. And none binary as well, yow know, realism and all.
    NorseGodCyberFrog

Basically clicking away text windows ruins every MMO, try to have fun instead of rushing things. Without story and lore all there is left is a bunch of mechanics.
    Add Multi-Quote

• NorseGodNorseGod Member EpicPosts: 2,654
    rensta said:
    \Well, soon we are going into the second month of 2019.... I guess full release is now around 2023-2024?.....at least we will have feminine animations, they should also add transgender animations. And none binary as well, yow know, realism and all.
    Sure. Whatever it takes. I hope they put in everything they can think of.

Then they have no excuse than to fix relevant things like falling through the map. Or I'd like to login where I logged off one day. Maybe even have all my cargo and ship when I log in.
    To talk about games without the censorship, check out https://www.reddit.com/r/MMORPG/
    Siveria said:
    People dont play Vaporware, as I type this, there are an ass ton of people playing this game right now, with more content being added every month. Vaporware is something that doesn't exist.
    JoeBloberErillion
  • ArglebargleArglebargle Member EpicPosts: 3,395
    Well, those folks aren't playing a game.  You know, one with persistence,  gameplay loops finished, 100 systems, etc.   Or many other of the  promised game elements.   It's a $200 million demo with delusions of alphaness.  Doesn't mean it can't be fun.  And parts of it that do work look pretty cinematic.   Still, many parts don't exist yet.  Can't be played.  So maybe a patchwork Vaporware?

And according to their own financial statements, they didn't have enough money to finish out the year at this pace.  

If you are holding out for the perfect game, the only game you play will be the waiting one.

• RhimeRhime Member UncommonPosts: 283
    Siveria said:

And here I thought all the 'vaporware' bugs had scurried back under their rock...Log into the game FFS and get a clue...
    JoeBloberErillion
  • UngoodUngood Member LegendaryPosts: 7,530
    Wow.. the female looks real.. not like a fantasy blow up doll. I am impressed.
    JoeBloberErillion
    Egotism is the anesthetic that dullens the pain of stupidity, this is why when I try to beat my head against the stupidity of other people, I only hurt myself.