Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Why I went with ESO and not another MMO

124»

Comments

• itsoveritsover Member UncommonPosts: 353
    I agree with you. ESO Is my favorite game and crafting it is just awesome. Worth to craft for guilds :)
    Another great thing is you do not need all the time buy eso gold https://www.sellersandfriends.com/the-elder-scrolls-online/na/gold because there is no full loot pvp so only one you need to do is make a set and play as you want. 

agree, as older i get, im not into force pvp, i like pve, enjoy explorer, enjoy music, enjoy the scenary ...... ESO fit all that.
    IselinOctagon7711

• LuftwaffenLuftwaffen Member UncommonPosts: 101
    I havnt played much since launch  maybe it got better but I was really disappointed   it felt like they took the most sandbox single player game and turned it completely themepark MMO , I know the average MMO player will disagree but ESO should have been open PvP full loot 
  • YashaXYashaX Member EpicPosts: 3,098
    I played ESO and actually liked it (outside of that nasty skill lag, and game breaking quest bugs at the time).

I don't go back to it because:
    • It looks like it's too late to even bother returning
    • With all the content and updates, it seems like some core issues that bothered me (skills, Cyrodil balance, combat animations) aren't being addressed
    I honestly liked following the story through.
    I'm not sure what you mean by "its too late to even bother returning". However, if you mean that starting now will place you so far behind the "power" curve compared to everyone else that its not worth bothering with (which is an issue in some mmos) then you would be mistaken. 

The balance between classes is actually quite good atm: you can wreck face or be crap with any class. Also there is no other RvR game that compares atm, so if you like RvR this is it.
  • v_Vev_Ve Member UncommonPosts: 311
    I'm loving ESO. Just recently got my first capped character and truly consider it a quality MMO along side GW2.

gervaise1

Witty & Wicked >:)

• gervaise1gervaise1 Member EpicPosts: 6,919
    I played ESO and actually liked it (outside of that nasty skill lag, and game breaking quest bugs at the time).

I don't go back to it because:
    • It looks like it's too late to even bother returning
    • With all the content and updates, it seems like some core issues that bothered me (skills, Cyrodil balance, combat animations) aren't being addressed
    I honestly liked following the story through.
    Two points:

- gaining a level as you go from 1 to 50 : decent gains in "power" + skills + you gear gets better.
    - gaining champion points up to 160: smaller, but still noticeable jumps in the power + you should quickly get some sort of purple cp160 gear which is near the best + almost certainly still gaining skills.
    - gaining champion points after 160: smaller jumps in power up to say cp300; some gear improvements but probably more about getting the sets (plural) that fit your style. Multiple sets will give you the option to tweak your character "on the fly".
    - gaining post - say cp300: you continue to gain but its "diminishing returns". Some gear gains.

cp300 is nominal btw.

Key point: whilst characters do get more powerful the gap between low and high is not that great that anyone should feel its to late to return. And remember you can always start a new alt knowing that once it starts to gain champion points the cps will be added to all your other characters.
    Octagon7711
  • Octagon7711Octagon7711 Member LegendaryPosts: 9,000
    It's not a bad game.  Leveling is pretty easy, especially if you like questing.  There's a lot of different ways to build your character.  Once you get decent CP it applies to any new characters you create which makes leveling even easier for them.  Special double XP occasions makes for even faster leveling.  I've got a lot of XP scrolls I've never even used yet from the daily login rewards.

"We all do the best we can based on life experience, point of view, and our ability to believe in ourselves." - Naropa      "We don't see things as they are, we see them as we are."  SR Covey

• urfismylifeurfismylife Member, Newbie CommonPosts: 9
    mine is simple, because it's related to the elder scroll series which in my opinion is the best series game so far, and i know it has to be at least as good as skyrim though frankly it did not meet my expectation. but still a good game so far. speaking of which, i can wait for the elder scoll 6 to come, people been talking about it for so long since the annoucement by todd, and i honestly have a very high hope for it and want it to release soon maybe next year, but the same time i dont want to see it out soon. i dont want it to be such and buggy like fallout 76. there is already an app in apknite listing the bugs and glitches in fallout 76, and it a long long long list.
  • Gabriel679Gabriel679 Member, Newbie CommonPosts: 15
    mine is simple, because it's related to the elder scroll series which in my opinion is the best series game so far, and i know it has to be at least as good as skyrim though frankly it did not meet my expectation. but still a good game so far. speaking of which, i can wait for the elder scoll 6 to come, people been talking about it for so long since the annoucement by todd, and i honestly have a very high hope for it and want it to release soon maybe next year, but the same time i dont want to see it out soon. i dont want it to be such and buggy like fallout 76. there is already an app in apknite listing the bugs and glitches in fallout 76, and it a long long long list.
    yeah, i want something makes me hype like i was when i play oblivian and skyrim