Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

(MMORPG.com discussion of "WTF" button to user posts)

Comments

• ChildoftheShadowsChildoftheShadows Member EpicPosts: 2,193
    Amathe said:
    Amathe said:
    A more interesting but related question is who holds the most forum WTFs? I believe that distinction goes to @Delete5230, currently at 221 and counting. 
    This guy is like crawled right up my ass, I didn't even know that. 
    WTF  
    But as it turns out, I am wrong. Ironically, the OP for this thread has 547. Impressive. 
    Perhaps it should have been a moment of self reflection rather then trying to get the emote banned. 
    Ungoodcraftseeker
  • SBFordSBFord Former Associate EditorMember LegendaryPosts: 33,129
    Amathe said:
    A more interesting but related question is who holds the most forum WTFs? I believe that distinction goes to @Delete5230, currently at 221 and counting. 
    WTF  
    Probably should go straight up percentage based on total posts and total WTF. :D 

AmatheUngoodMrMelGibson[Deleted User]Phry

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 

• GutlardGutlard Member RarePosts: 1,019
    Now I need to worry about the meaning behind emojis!?

I usually don't get too many either way, but I'll just assume the worst when I do.

Especially after I ramble, which is always...

Gut Out!
    Ungoodanemo

What, me worry?

• ConstantineMerusConstantineMerus Member EpicPosts: 3,338
    Kyleran said:
    How come no one has appreciated the irony of OP's banishment? 
    I suspect he escalated his vendetta and got a time out.  

But you know the first rule of forums....we don't talk about Fight Clu....err moderation.

Have you ever been banned? I feel rather lame. I used to be rebel. Let's get wild brother! Let's fuck some shit up!!! Toooniiiiight!!!!!
    SBFordUngoodMrMelGibsonCryomatrixAlBQuirky
    Constantine, The Console Poster

• "One of the most difficult tasks men can perform, however much others may despise it, is the invention of good games and it cannot be done by men out of touch with their instinctive selves." - Carl Jung
    Kyleran said:

But you know the first rule of forums....we don't talk about Fight Clu....err moderation.
    Have you ever been banned? I feel rather lame. I used to be rebel. Let's get wild brother! Let's fuck some shit up!!! Toooniiiiight!!!!!
    There are no words for how many fucks I'd LIKE to give your post, but sadly, I'm limited to just one. :P
    UngoodConstantineMerusmmolouMrMelGibsonlaseritAlBQuirky[Deleted User]PhryBlaze_Rocker

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 

SBFord said:
    Kyleran said:

There are no words for how many fucks I'd LIKE to give your post, but sadly, I'm limited to just one. :P
    Is it more than 3?
    SBFordAlBQuirkyUngood

• "One of the most difficult tasks men can perform, however much others may despise it, is the invention of good games and it cannot be done by men out of touch with their instinctive selves." - Carl Jung
  • UngoodUngood Member LegendaryPosts: 7,532

Ummm.. I mean a WTF.. 
    ConstantineMerusSBFordMrMelGibsonCryomatrixAzaron_NightbladeAlBQuirkyanemo
    Egotism is the anesthetic that dullens the pain of stupidity, this is why when I try to beat my head against the stupidity of other people, I only hurt myself.

• delete5230delete5230 Member EpicPosts: 7,081
    SBFord said:
    Amathe said:
    WTF  
    Probably should go straight up percentage based on total posts and total WTF. :D 

I think my timeouts and WTF's run neck and neck...Not sure what has more :)
    ConstantineMerusSBFordAlBQuirkyUngood
  • gervaise1gervaise1 Member EpicPosts: 6,919
    Kyleran said:
    I’m pretty sure I had never used the wtf button prior to this post. If it were to get removed then all of my posts from then on out would just be

WTF?
    <snip>

I normally reserve the WTF for those very rare occasions when someone absolutely baffles me on the point they are trying to make, especially if it's in some condescending or conciliatory tone. 

Also used if a post is totally outrageous, like promoting hatred or other some such stupidity.
    <snip>

Not sure it would be in the spirit of this thread to agree with this fine rationale!

We clearly need  Activision Blizzard to come out with another incredulous announcement and get us back on track.
    UngoodSBFord
  • kitaradkitarad Member LegendaryPosts: 7,919
    mmolou said:
    .but I've also been a victim of continued "WTF" by certain user going by "MMO" (won't say full name) no matter what I posted.
    You mean me.

To start with, I used the WTF button on a post or two of your's, because I was like, wtf are you even trying to say?.
    You obviously took umbrage at that, and you went to my profile, and went back through every one of my posts, and hit the WTF button.

So yea, now I see you post anything, I hit WTF, because for you, it is appropriate.
    That is some really twisted action on his part but to turn around and then blame you and call himself a victim is I guess genius  :o oh may be not seeing as it backfired spectacularly.
    Ungoodmmolou

• LokeroLokero Member RarePosts: 1,514
    kitarad said:
    mmolou said:
    .but I've also been a victim of continued "WTF" by certain user going by "MMO" (won't say full name) no matter what I posted.
    You mean me.

To start with, I used the WTF button on a post or two of your's, because I was like, wtf are you even trying to say?.
    You obviously took umbrage at that, and you went to my profile, and went back through every one of my posts, and hit the WTF button.

So yea, now I see you post anything, I hit WTF, because for you, it is appropriate.
    That is some really twisted action on his part but to turn around and then blame you and call himself a victim is I guess genius  :o oh may be not seeing as it backfired spectacularly.
    I'm sure that's just the way he saw events, whether true or not(I honestly don't care enough to look and see who's right  :* ) .  I doubt it was a clever ploy.

If I were to create a documentary about modern society, I would call it iVictim, because everyone sees the world as a personal attack these days.

If I were --- brb, some SOB just breathed too loudly, I won't stand for this kind of oppression.
    Ungoodmmolou
  • immoralthangimmoralthang Member RarePosts: 300
    The Internet was born, molded, and only exists today because of WTF moments.
    UngoodSBFord
  • Slapshot1188Slapshot1188 Member LegendaryPosts: 16,988
    Folks please lay off the drugs...

This site has had some bizarre off the rails threads but this one is pretty far up the list.
    ChildoftheShadowsConstantineMerusUngoodSBFord

All time classic  MY NEW FAVORITE POST!  (Keep laying those bricks)

"I should point out that no other company has shipped out a beta on a disc before this." - Official Mortal Online Lead Community Moderator

Proudly wearing the Harbinger badge since Dec 23, 2017. 

Coined the phrase "Role-Playing a Development Team" January 2018

"Oddly Slap is the main reason I stay in these forums." - Mystichaze April 9th 2018

• ChildoftheShadowsChildoftheShadows Member EpicPosts: 2,193

This site has had some bizarre off the rails threads but this one is pretty far up the list.
    WTF DON'T TELL ME WHAT TO DO
    KyleranUngoodSBFordAlBQuirky
    If we don't spend our monies on drugs we would spend it on CoE then. Is that what you want? IS THAT WHAT YOU WANT?
    KyleranUngoodmmolouBlaze_Rocker[Deleted User]LokeroAlBQuirky

• klash2defklash2def Member EpicPosts: 1,949
    LOL there are so many WTFs in this thread
    ConstantineMerusUngoodSBFord
    "Beliefs don't change facts. Facts, if you're reasonable, should change your beliefs."

"The Society that separates its scholars from its warriors will have its thinking done by cowards and its fighting by fools."

Currently: Games Audio Engineer, you didn't hear what I heard, you heard what I wanted you to hear. 

• FlyByKnightFlyByKnight Member EpicPosts: 3,967
    My latest piece of forum art. I call it: WTFception.
    Azaron_Nightblademmolou[Deleted User]SBFordUngoodConstantineMerus
    "As far as the forum code of conduct, I would think it's a bit outdated and in need of a refre *CLOSED*" 

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
  • PhryPhry Member LegendaryPosts: 11,004
    SBFord said:
    Kyleran said:

Is it more than 3?

mmolouSBFordConstantineMerusAlBQuirkyUngoodBlaze_Rocker
  • PhryPhry Member LegendaryPosts: 11,004
    Phry said:
    SBFord said:
    Kyleran said:

Is it more than 3?

I would have gone with 42, but as usual, its the right answer to the wrong question  ;)
    ConstantineMerus[Deleted User]UngoodKyleranBlaze_RockerAlBQuirky
    This has been the most fun thread posted here in a good while. Thanks @TheScavenger for taking one for the team. I pray for your safe return from the exile.
    SBFordKyleran[Deleted User]klash2defmmolouUngood

@SBFord that was some fast WTFing, you've become a pro. Wanna duel? :grimace:
    KyleranmmolouUngood

• Lumiere123Lumiere123 Member UncommonPosts: 62
    lol, wtf?
    SBFordPanther2103MadFrenchieUngood

WTF?

Who would have thought this thread would still be going....
    Lumiere123Panther2103mmolouUngood

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 

• KyleranKyleran Member LegendaryPosts: 43,509
    SBFord said:

WTF?

Proves there really has been a dearth of new, good MMORPGs lately, not much else to talk about and we are bored.

;)
    SovrathSBFordPanther2103[Deleted User]Blaze_RockerUngoodAlBQuirky

"True friends stab you in the front." | Oscar Wilde 

"I need to finish" - Christian Wolff: The Accountant

Just trying to live long enough to play a new, released MMORPG, playing New Worlds atm

Fools find no pleasure in understanding but delight in airing their own opinions. Pvbs 18:2, NIV

Don't just play games, inhabit virtual worlds™

"This is the most intelligent, well qualified and articulate response to a post I have ever seen on these forums. It's a shame most people here won't have the attention span to read past the second line." - Anon

• Panther2103Panther2103 Member EpicPosts: 5,768
    Kyleran said:
    SBFord said:

WTF?

Proves there really has been a dearth of new, good MMORPGs lately, not much else to talk about and we are bored.

;)
    wtf
    SBFord[Deleted User]Ungood
This discussion has been closed.