Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Elder Scrolls Online: The Season of the Dragon and Elsweyr Reactions - MMORPG.com

SBFordSBFord Former Associate EditorMember LegendaryPosts: 33,129
edited January 2019 in News & Features Discussion

imageElder Scrolls Online: The Season of the Dragon and Elsweyr Reactions - MMORPG.com

Well, the cat is literally out of the bag. Last night we go full confirmation that Elder Scrolls Online’s next chapter is called Elsweyr, and what’s more, the whole year’s worth of content updates will be about one massive storyline surrounding someone unleashing the ancient dragons on Tamriel. I’ve got some thoughts on it all, check them out past the break.

Read the full story here

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 

[Deleted User]

Comments

• RexKushmanRexKushman Member RarePosts: 639
    This game just keeps growing and getting better as time rolls on. It might not be everyone's cup of tea but there is no denying that ESO has carved out a very large audience and isn't going anywhere for a long time.
    Tindale111Alomarchrisnyc48[Deleted User]Tuor7SetzerOctagon7711RnjypsyYashaXSolancerand 3 others.

• Deadrites87Deadrites87 Member UncommonPosts: 94
    more or less the same from zenimax. add more and more content to the game while neglecting many aspects of the game that introduce more gamebreaking bugs and performance issues.

unnecessary nerfs to class skills have made many bitter... patches are actually dreaded now by the majority of the end game PvP community as zos has repeatedly hammered the life out of classes with homogenizing nerfs and shown time and time again their ignorance of PvP mechanics. Zerging gets easier every patch while small scale gets destroyed with every change... our classes are losing class defining skills every patch and become less and less fun to play... Both server performance and class balance remain in unacceptable conditions while they focus their efforts of holiday events and crown store cosmetics... A priority shift is in order here.
    [Deleted User]AlomarretiredmjSetzermilaysky
  • Vorch21Vorch21 Member UncommonPosts: 58
    edited January 2019
    Disappointment..
    Trolldefender99SupaMutantretiredmj
  • pratt12200pratt12200 Member UncommonPosts: 36
    more or less the same from zenimax. add more and more content to the game while neglecting many aspects of the game that introduce more gamebreaking bugs and performance issues.

unnecessary nerfs to class skills have made many bitter... patches are actually dreaded now by the majority of the end game PvP community as zos has repeatedly hammered the life out of classes with homogenizing nerfs and shown time and time again their ignorance of PvP mechanics. Zerging gets easier every patch while small scale gets destroyed with every change... our classes are losing class defining skills every patch and become less and less fun to play... Both server performance and class balance remain in unacceptable conditions while they focus their efforts of holiday events and crown store cosmetics... A priority shift is in order here.
    Only people who are bitter are the ones who's lives revolve around PVP.  I think it's great to see all the tears when new FotM come out and all the people who thought they were special because they killed pixels in a game get butthurt lol.  Can't wait to see some scrub grab an artifact weapon in Cyridil and watch him wreck so called hardcore pvpers.

AlomarTrolldefender99BadSpockTuor7SetzerFlyByKnightkalcarkipMrMelGibsonTacticalZombeh
  • parpinparpin Member UncommonPosts: 220
    i love eso, and it is keep getting better, i think eso is the biggest mmo currently considering it has a lot of players on consoles as well, at least on steam it was among the top selling games of 2018.
    [Deleted User]retiredmjSetzerYashaX
  • AlomarAlomar Member RarePosts: 1,299
    As a pvper I hate where the game is now and how bad it's gotten (tiny pop, lag, no balance, bugs, no content). Yet, as an ES fan I am excited to try a necromancer and fight dragons!
    Trolldefender99SlyLoK
    Haxus Council Member
    21  year MMO veteran 
    PvP Raid Leader 
    Lover of The Witcher & CD Projekt Red

A priority shift is in order here.

This doesn't make sense to me. They just stated they had their best year for bringing in new players since the console launch 3 years ago...the game is increasing players year over year, churning out new dungeons , zones, and stories.

Sure, there may be some people into the min/max stuff that don't like some of the changes to skills and class design but they are in the minority for a game like this. ESO seems to make its first priority catering to the more casual player, people that want to experience the stories and world and it seems to be working wonderfully for them.

I hope they continue in this direction for years to come.
    ScottJeslisTuor7URMAKER

• The user and all related content has been deleted.
    It actually feels good to take an unprecedented amount of shit from The Angry Army retards, and to vindicated with a game that is kicking Blizzards ass.

meanwhile they are still screaming it failed and Joe the corporate shill doesn't have the balls to do a update video.
    Honesty and Integrity are words that have never applied to AJ. He's a corporate paid carnival barker, nothing more.

I don't know that ESO is kicking Blizz's ass though, they are so tight lipped about player numbers and financials that it's a mute point. ESO is chugging along at full speed, I've never played wow so what is going on there is a non issue.

• IselinIselin Member LegendaryPosts: 18,719

SBFord said:

imageElder Scrolls Online: The Season of the Dragon and Elsweyr Reactions - MMORPG.com

Well, the cat is literally out of the bag. Last night we go full confirmation that Elder Scrolls Online’s next chapter is called Elsweyr, and what’s more, the whole year’s worth of content updates will be about one massive storyline surrounding someone unleashing the ancient dragons on Tamriel. I’ve got some thoughts on it all, check them out past the break.

Read the full story here

sigh ... WYVERNS! >:)

"Dragon" covers a wide spectrum of Cryptozoic creatures, their really isn't a actual authority on Dragons aside from weirdos with degrees in Folklore, so if the people of Tamriel want to call the big flying lizards on their planet Dragons they can.
    Sure if they all want to be ignorant milk drinkers and do that they are allowed. Might as well as just call them Dinosaurs if we are going to name things all willy-nilly. :D
    It's such a nice change of pace to not have to argue over whether something is or isn't an MMO and instead deal with the more important details such as draconic taxonomy :)
    [Deleted User][Deleted User]gervaise1YashaXTacticalZombeh
    "Social media gives legions of idiots the right to speak when they once only spoke at a bar after a glass of wine, without harming the community ... but now they have the same right to speak as a Nobel Prize winner. It's the invasion of the idiots”

― Umberto Eco

“Microtransactions? In a single player role-playing game? Are you nuts?” 
    ― CD PROJEKT RED

• SaunZSaunZ Member UncommonPosts: 472
    ESO is SO fun...

and now it will be even more SO fun!

Sz :)
    gervaise1YashaX
  • LheiahLheiah Member UncommonPosts: 190
    I really wish they would add a solo story mode to these dungeon dlc's. By all means, keep the shinies they use to keep dungeon crawlers on their tread mills in the current modes. But, let solo players experience the entire story, especially since 99% of the story is already solo content. Argue all you want about these games are about forced grouping, but I refuse to take part anymore and haven't since LK, and my gaming experience has been for the better.

On a side note Bill, why does this text frame keep losing focus as I type???
    IselinOctagon7711[Deleted User]URMAKERYashaXZiboo
  • IselinIselin Member LegendaryPosts: 18,719
    Lheiah said:
    I really wish they would add a solo story mode to these dungeon dlc's. By all means, keep the shinies they use to keep dungeon crawlers on their tread mills in the current modes. But, let solo players experience the entire story, especially since 99% of the story is already solo content. Argue all you want about these games are about forced grouping, but I refuse to take part anymore and haven't since LK, and my gaming experience has been for the better.

That's a good idea especially considering that if you PUG it there's bound to be someone pushing to do it fast and you'll be hard pressed to get the story.
    YashaX
    "Social media gives legions of idiots the right to speak when they once only spoke at a bar after a glass of wine, without harming the community ... but now they have the same right to speak as a Nobel Prize winner. It's the invasion of the idiots”

― Umberto Eco

“Microtransactions? In a single player role-playing game? Are you nuts?” 
    ― CD PROJEKT RED

• gervaise1gervaise1 Member EpicPosts: 6,919

Iselin said:

Lheiah said:

That's a good idea especially considering that if you PUG it there's bound to be someone pushing to do it fast and you'll be hard pressed to get the story.

Agree: its a good point.

It was something I picked up on when I was playing through the last LotR expansion before Christmas.

A optional solo quest "introduced" each of the new dungeons. They could be done in a normal group but a solo player could enter the dungeon and be joined by the required number of npcs. They've occasionally done it before but I remember thinking that it was a "good thing".

Now for those who raid and do dungeons etc. not an issue but for others its a way for them to do all the content and - maybe - it might make them more confident to join others. No downside imo.
    Octagon7711
  • xmentyxmenty Member UncommonPosts: 718
    I will buy the game once they have an Oceanic Server. Cannot play this game at 270 ping, WTF!!!

Pardon my English as it is not my 1st language :)

• YashaXYashaX Member EpicPosts: 3,098
    Iselin said:
    Lheiah said:

Its one of the problems with how mmos are designed imo. The focus is on grinding dungeons etc for gear instead of moving through the world and beating dungeons/bosses as part of an evolving and ongoing story like in many rpgs.
    [Deleted User]
  • YashaXYashaX Member EpicPosts: 3,098
    xmenty said:
    I will buy the game once they have an Oceanic Server. Cannot play this game at 270 ping, WTF!!!
    Its very doable even with 300 ping. Duels with other players are hard- their skills seem to go off first and you often get hit even when blocking, but the rest of the game is fine.
  • mmrvmmrv Member RarePosts: 305
    ESO is truly an amazing mmorpg, unfortunately it is being held back from getting alot of playtime from me and many others and claiming the throne of best MMORPG all time is the abysmal combat. I can even survive the mediocre animations some of the lack luster effects, even the janky "skills system" 5 skills per hot bar and having to swap weapons to get access to another 5 back and forth tedious and insanely restrictive...BUT MAN THAT EMPTY WEIGHTLESS SOULLESS feeling the combat has....I just cannot overcome. I want to love this game so much it offers so much, but maybe its just how much i know a peroper set of combat mechanics would make this game so nutty good that it just irks me its missing it....I just cant play it for long.

Please if only fix your industry worst combat please...................
  • OzmodanOzmodan Member EpicPosts: 9,726

I wish people would stop talking about class balance.  That is the absolute LAST thing you should ever want because it is impossible to achieve without taking away most of your character skillset choices.  Look at how Wow has become nerfed to oblivion because of this.
  • LighttipLighttip Member UncommonPosts: 24

mmrv said:

ESO is truly an amazing mmorpg, unfortunately it is being held back from getting alot of playtime from me and many others and claiming the throne of best MMORPG all time is the abysmal combat. I can even survive the mediocre animations some of the lack luster effects, even the janky "skills system" 5 skills per hot bar and having to swap weapons to get access to another 5 back and forth tedious and insanely restrictive...BUT MAN THAT EMPTY WEIGHTLESS SOULLESS feeling the combat has....I just cannot overcome. I want to love this game so much it offers so much, but maybe its just how much i know a peroper set of combat mechanics would make this game so nutty good that it just irks me its missing it....I just cant play it for long.

Please if only fix your industry worst combat please...................

I"m not following you. What is your definition of a good combat system? Don't take offense, I just need a perspective on what you're trying to say. Without an example your statement is, well, soulless. ;-)
  • ZibooZiboo Member UncommonPosts: 158
    Glad they're sticking to the new content roadmap, big BUT - why tie the story to dungeons especially when there isn't a solo way of seeing it?

Really disappointed to have forced grouping to see story content. I'm not against dungeon running, just against being forced to see the story. I won't be buying the DLC because of that, and I've been a get the collectors edition and buy $$ to spend in game.

Seriously Zenimax. You can scale zones, I'd think scaling a dungeon so we can see the story should be easy to do. (Keep the loot, just want the story!)

Proud member of Hammerfist Clan Gaming Community.

Currently playing: RIFT, EQ2, WoW, LoTRO
    Retired: Warhammer, AoC, EQ
    Waiting: SWToR & GW2