Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Anthem: 10 Minutes of Hidden Depths Gameplay - MMORPG.com

SystemSystem Member UncommonPosts: 12,599
edited January 2019 in Videos Discussion

imageAnthem: 10 Minutes of Hidden Depths Gameplay - MMORPG.com

The latest Anthem video showcases gameplay as seen through story missions in an area called Hidden Depths. The mission requires the Javelin team to head underwater to get to the quest waypoint. The mission requires the team to complete a puzzle cooperatively in order to progress and features a new type of insect-like enemies.

Read the full story here

Comments

• MensurMensur Member EpicPosts: 1,512
    Am I the only one who really does not feel the hype for this game?
    JeroKaneBakgrindMaurgrimRain_Deathravennatpick[Deleted User]ArskaaaValdheim

mmorpg junkie since 1999

• BillMurphyBillMurphy Former Managing EditorMember LegendaryPosts: 4,565
    I think a lot of people aren't feeling it, out of skepticism. I like the look and ideas presented and will gladly try it out. Thanks EA Access! :dizzy:
    ConstantineMerusMrMelGibsonOctagon7711

Try to be excellent to everyone you meet. You never know what someone else has seen or endured.

My Review Manifesto
    Follow me on Twitter if you dare.

• MrMelGibsonMrMelGibson Member EpicPosts: 3,033
    edited January 2019
    Mensur said:
    No matter how hard I try, I can never get into Warframe. I like the premise, but just not the execution. I'm hoping this will better suit my tastes. It looks like fun, if I get a couple months of entertainment with it. My money will be well spent.
  • ConstantineMerusConstantineMerus Member EpicPosts: 3,338
    Nyctelios said:
    Mensur said:
    Nope. I find the gameplay bland. I can fall sleep watching their videos.
    I can fall sleep watching a group of naked supermodels making out and chanting my name.

True story. 
    mmolouSBFord[Deleted User]blastermasterMrMelGibsonXarkoTacticalZombeh
    Constantine, The Console Poster

• "One of the most difficult tasks men can perform, however much others may despise it, is the invention of good games and it cannot be done by men out of touch with their instinctive selves." - Carl Jung
  • SBFordSBFord Former Associate EditorMember LegendaryPosts: 33,129
    Nyctelios said:
    Mensur said:
    Nope. I find the gameplay bland. I can fall sleep watching their videos.
    I can fall sleep watching a group of naked supermodels making out and chanting my name.

True story. 
    I really wanted to WTF this but went with LOL instead. <3

As for Anthem....it just doesn't do much for me but I'll be trying the demo when it's out publicly. 
    ConstantineMerus[Deleted User]Octagon7711

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 

• MaurgrimMaurgrim Member RarePosts: 1,325
    I have no feelings about this game it looks pretty but way to generic and on rails.
  • CoolitCoolit Member UncommonPosts: 661
    It looks pretty cool however my main concern is how the game will be monetized "after" launch once all the reviews have been done. I have zero faith in EA these days.
    TacticalZombeh
  • SlyLoKSlyLoK Member RarePosts: 2,698
    Looks fun to me.
    [Deleted User]
  • IselinIselin Member LegendaryPosts: 18,719
    I keep waiting for something in this barrage of IGN exclusives to grab me and make me think "this I want to play" but I keep seeing the same pretty but shallow shooter.
    Valdheim
    "Social media gives legions of idiots the right to speak when they once only spoke at a bar after a glass of wine, without harming the community ... but now they have the same right to speak as a Nobel Prize winner. It's the invasion of the idiots”

― Umberto Eco

“Microtransactions? In a single player role-playing game? Are you nuts?” 
    ― CD PROJEKT RED

• ScotScot Member LegendaryPosts: 22,955
    As a shooter fan I have high hopes, as I also have a brain it gets no money before the reviews. :)
    Octagon7711TacticalZombeh
  • sgelsgel Member EpicPosts: 2,197
    It looks fun tbh.
    I'll be trying before buying though.

Any idea when the demo will be public?

..Cake..

• ThaneThane Member EpicPosts: 3,534

Mensur said:

hypes are overhyped!

looks like a sci fi division, ler's hope they wont do similiar mistakes.
    but to be fair, those mechs with beanies.... <3

"I'll never grow up, never grow up, never grow up! Not me!"

• natpicknatpick Member UncommonPosts: 271
    edited January 2019
    tested the game in alpha,will not be buying it,not sure if i can say anymore so will leave it at that.oh and btw that dudes voice in the video does not match his character one bit.
  • KappadonnaKappadonna Member UncommonPosts: 119

Mensur said:

I have to say that this game has the WORST forum/comment chatter of any game I've seen recently except Fallout 76. I think Bioware and EA are going to take another hard loss here. ME Andromeda had Bioware stumbling on the ropes. They will be on their back for the 10 count if this sinks.

• SupaMutantSupaMutant Member UncommonPosts: 136

Mensur said:

I have to say that this game has the WORST forum/comment chatter of any game I've seen recently except Fallout 76. I think Bioware and EA are going to take another hard loss here. ME Andromeda had Bioware stumbling on the ropes. They will be on their back for the 10 count if this sinks.

Well, EA did this to themselves. But the indecency is not that they are trashing EA. It's that they are hypocritical. They praise Ubisoft even though they are just as bad, and Acti-Novision is far worse.
    Pher0ciousMr.Gutsy
    5|_|©|< /\/\¥ |)!©|< /\/\!|<3|3
  • cmacqcmacq Member UncommonPosts: 331

Mensur said:

Well EA owns some blame for this but overall your comment is a reflection of the forum itself. I see the same bunch of cynics weighing in on these games day after day. Do you people actually play any games for fun or just so you can rip them apart on various forums? Some of you really need to find another hobby.....
  • Octagon7711Octagon7711 Member LegendaryPosts: 9,000
    edited January 2019
    I've been watching a lot of streamers talking about different aspects of this game and so far, it still feels like a clone of two previously mentioned games.  

Fixed number of set slots for weapons and abilities.  Can't utilize anything that drops right away until you return to base to reconfigure loadout or craft needed items.  Only interaction I've seen with other players is running missions, guild, and friends lists.  Even when they say items are needed to extend flight times, leads me to think they will be very short at first and that most videos are being made to downplay this aspect.

It will all come down to the demos and trials and hopefully they will be open enough to get a decent feel for the game.  I'm starting to think about waiting a year until the bugs are worked out.  No one is talking about any bugs which could be a red flag.  I can't remember the last time a game launched with zero problems to be patched over time.
    Post edited by Octagon7711 on

"We all do the best we can based on life experience, point of view, and our ability to believe in ourselves." - Naropa      "We don't see things as they are, we see them as we are."  SR Covey

Nyctelios said:
    cmacq said:

Mensur said:

Well EA owns some blame for this but overall your comment is a reflection of the forum itself. I see the same bunch of cynics weighing in on these games day after day. Do you people actually play any games for fun or just so you can rip them apart on various forums? Some of you really need to find another hobby.....
    Oh boy, been a long time since the last guy that came to a forum for discussion about games and game related things in a thread about a trailer of gameplay to show if  the game is worth or if it is what you are expecting and told us we are just evil people for daring to talk about it.

How about they make something exciting so people can be excited because the thing looks exciting?

I had my share of generic action third person something that uses the same mission template ad nauseam, so, pretty please, forgive my transgression, oh, overlord.
    Surely you jest? You don't come to discuss, you come looking to trash. Some of you are so damn jaded you wouldn't know a good game if it bit you, oh overlord
    [Deleted User]
    Nyctelios said:
    cmacq said:
    Nyctelios said:
    cmacq said:

Mensur said:

Oh boy, been a long time since the last guy that came to a forum for discussion about games and game related things in a thread about a trailer of gameplay to show if  the game is worth or if it is what you are expecting and told us we are just evil people for daring to talk about it.

How about they make something exciting so people can be excited because the thing looks exciting?

I had my share of generic action third person something that uses the same mission template ad nauseam, so, pretty please, forgive my transgression, oh, overlord.
    Surely you jest? You don't come to discuss, you come looking to trash. Some of you are so damn jaded you wouldn't know a good game if it bit you, oh overlord
    Not going take the bait, mate. They shown nothing new to the genre. The AI of all their videos just sit there eating bullets.

So, yeah. Boring.
    Honestly I'm not trying to troll you. I just read a lot of the threads on this forum and I see so little that's positive. I mentioned in another thread that if I went by this forum's recommendations, I'd never play another game again. Could it be for a lot of you that it's all been done before? I really don't know what you're expecting but in today's market it well may not exist.
  • Octagon7711Octagon7711 Member LegendaryPosts: 9,000
    Disappointment carries over from Andromeda which makes me overly cautious about their next release.  Just as my enjoyment of Division 1 carries over to Division 2 which makes me overly optimistic. Just as disappointment over Watchdogs made me cautious about Watchdogs 2.

"We all do the best we can based on life experience, point of view, and our ability to believe in ourselves." - Naropa      "We don't see things as they are, we see them as we are."  SR Covey