Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

MMORPG.com : General : Fetch Quests in Real Life - MMO IRL - TheHiveLeader

2»

Comments

• CaffynatedCaffynated Member RarePosts: 753
    DMKano said:

Alverant said:

Who puts cookies in the fridge?

Someone who doesn't want their kids, who aren't strong enough to open the door, getting to them.

The real question is - why even buy cookies in the first place?

No junk food - win-win for everyone.

DMKano said:
    DMKano said:

Alverant said:

Someone who doesn't want their kids, who aren't strong enough to open the door, getting to them.

You must run a mad house! ;)
    My kids don't even ask anymore - because they know there's no cookies in the house :)

My wife and I are not tempted to eat them either.

Again - everyone wins

Little kids don't need to be eating junk food all the time, but just saying no happy little cookies at all? Madness!

Keeping them active and outdoors instead of inside on the computer/console is way more important to their health and growth than denying them sweets.

Give that kid a cookie, and then wind 'em up and turn 'em loose in the backyard with their friends.
  • TheHiveLeaderTheHiveLeader Video MaestroMember RarePosts: 234

DMKano said:

DMKano said:

Alverant said:

My kids don't even ask anymore - because they know there's no cookies in the house :)

Again - everyone wins

It's about moderation. Let your kids go nuts on junk food and yeah, that's bad. Having a cookie every once in awhile? It's fine. It's all about making sure your kids get enough exercise and proper nutrition. I've seen kids who eat extremely healthy food, but eat far too much and still end up with health issues.

My kids are doing just fine :-)
  • ConstantineMerusConstantineMerus Member EpicPosts: 3,338
    DMKano said:
    DMKano said:

Alverant said:

Again - everyone wins
    I agree with your method. I realized the best way to stop eating is to stop buying. 
    Constantine, The Console Poster

• "One of the most difficult tasks men can perform, however much others may despise it, is the invention of good games and it cannot be done by men out of touch with their instinctive selves." - Carl Jung
  • SovrathSovrath Member LegendaryPosts: 32,003
    DMKano said:
    DMKano said:

Alverant said:

Again - everyone wins
    I agree with your method. I realized the best way to stop eating is to stop buying. 
    meh, a few cookies are fine. If anything it's a good way to teach moderation.

I believe that life is supposed to be lived.

I have a friend who tries to never touch anything "bad for you" and then when she does she beats herself up.

The gentle taste of a Ferrero Rocher makes life just that much better!
    ConstantineMerusScot
    Like Skyrim? Need more content? Try my Skyrim mod "Godfred's Tomb." 

Godfred's Tomb Trailer: https://youtu.be/-nsXGddj_4w

Original Skyrim: https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/109547

Try the "Special Edition." 'Cause it's "Special." https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/64878/?tab=description

Serph toze kindly has started a walk-through. https://youtu.be/UIelCK-lldo 
  • ConstantineMerusConstantineMerus Member EpicPosts: 3,338
    Sovrath said:
    DMKano said:
    DMKano said:

Alverant said:

Again - everyone wins
    meh, a few cookies are fine. If anything it's a good way to teach moderation.

I believe that life is supposed to be lived.

I have a friend who tries to never touch anything "bad for you" and then when she does she beats herself up.

The gentle taste of a Ferrero Rocher makes life just that much better!
    I said the best method is to stop buying. I never said I have stopped buying. Have you learned nothing about me? 
    Sovrath
    Constantine, The Console Poster

• "One of the most difficult tasks men can perform, however much others may despise it, is the invention of good games and it cannot be done by men out of touch with their instinctive selves." - Carl Jung
  • ScotScot Member LegendaryPosts: 22,955
    The moral of this story is never tell anyone online anything about you or your family, because there is always going to be someone who has to tell you how you should be behaving.

Conform to our cookie policy, conform! :)
    mmolou