Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

The Division 2 Private Beta Date Announced for February 7-10 - MMORPG.com

SBFordSBFord Former Associate EditorMember LegendaryPosts: 33,129
edited January 2019 in News & Features Discussion

imageThe Division 2 Private Beta Date Announced for February 7-10 - MMORPG.com

Those who have already, or will soon, pre-order The Division 2 will be able to have guaranteed access to the just-announced private beta event now dated for February 7-10. In addition, anyone can register for limited spots by heading to The Division 2 site. To showcase what The Division 2 is about, Ubisoft released a brand new story trailer.

Read the full story here

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 

Comments

• SBFordSBFord Former Associate EditorMember LegendaryPosts: 33,129
    OK now that's an awesome trailer. Really looking forward to this. :)
    [Deleted User]Cuppett5MrMelGibsonTacticalZombeh

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 

• 3dom3dom Member RarePosts: 889
    edited January 2019
    It look like the devs intentionally avoid showing new characters' faces. Conspiracy theory: they are still primitive because the devs plan mobile port for TD2 asap.

edit: multiple comments and discussion on Reddit about bad graphics, weak animations and overly primitive faces in the trailer. Rather disappointing considering how people expected quality on par with Ghost Recon Wildlands by the same company.
    Post edited by 3dom on

Thank you for your time!

• SupaMutantSupaMutant Member UncommonPosts: 136
    Where's the open beta? Show some confidence in your game.
    jarsku85Rain_DeathravenPher0ciousMr.Gutsy
    5|_|©|< /\/\¥ |)!©|< /\/\!|<3|3
  • XingbairongXingbairong Member RarePosts: 927
    edited January 2019

Where's the open beta? Show some confidence in your game.

Well it's normal to have closed beta before open beta.

Haven't bought it yet, but I guess it's about time I do. There's literally nothing else that's new at the moment or the near future. I really hope the game is good because I'm starved for a good game...

P.S. Anyone has any info about the year pass? From what I just read the first year all content will be free, so the year pass will basically just give you access to that content 7 days earlier. Couldn't find if it will have any other use.

• laseritlaserit Member LegendaryPosts: 7,591
    Ubisoft has released some great games over the past year, I'm hoping they can continue with that trend.
    ConstantineMerus[Deleted User][Deleted User]TacticalZombehFreelancerND

"Be water my friend" - Bruce Lee

• trixtrix Member UncommonPosts: 66
    games going to be filled with hacks just like division 1 with no recoil scripts for your mouse and aimbots that can't or won't be stopped cause these companies do not find it profitable to ban hackers credit cards and names.
    LOL L2's new advertisement is wonderful..... 
    Take a step back in time and relive the original Lineage II experience as it was in the beginning. Create a classic hero from the original 5 races and 31 class options and jump into the nostalgic hardcore level grind where the rewards can outweigh the risks. It's your chance to experience the game the way it was when "hardcore" meant something!
  • BlueThunderBearBlueThunderBear Member RarePosts: 228
    Eh. No Steam, no care.
  • Octagon7711Octagon7711 Member LegendaryPosts: 9,000
    I'm looking forward to this game.

"We all do the best we can based on life experience, point of view, and our ability to believe in ourselves." - Naropa      "We don't see things as they are, we see them as we are."  SR Covey

• jgDuffayjgDuffay Member UncommonPosts: 237

Eh. No Steam, no care.

there is so much wrong about that statement xD, it's like one of my friends who does not touch anything outside battle.net, THERE IS A WORLD OUT THERE
    FreelancerND
  • SupaMutantSupaMutant Member UncommonPosts: 136
    edited January 2019

jgDuffay said:

Eh. No Steam, no care.

there is so much wrong about that statement xD, it's like one of my friends who does not touch anything outside battle.net, THERE IS A WORLD OUT THERE

Your friend is a tribalist.

EDIT: I used to be one. Until Blizzard sold their soul to Acti-novision.
    Pher0ciousMr.Gutsy
    5|_|©|< /\/\¥ |)!©|< /\/\!|<3|3
  • JippiijooJippiijoo Member UncommonPosts: 100
    Looks great! I just have one quick question, in Division 2 is the PvP same as in Division 1 where if you kill someone and you go "red" you will be highlighted and everyone can see you thru walls and such?
  • BlueThunderBearBlueThunderBear Member RarePosts: 228
    edited January 2019

jgDuffay said:

Eh. No Steam, no care.

Sure, but im not cluttering up my computer with yet another storefront launcher just because Ubisoft and Steam are both greedy. Games are a hobby and meant to fun, not inconvenient and annoying.
  • SamhaelSamhael Member RarePosts: 1,498
    It looks interesting but I'll wait for the post-launch reviews to see if it launches as poorly as the original. (if so, I can definitely wait until the major issues are resolved before I shell out)
  • sipusipu Member UncommonPosts: 200
    edited January 2019
    No snow, no fun. I have been participating in D2 beta tests, I can't say I like the new setting. It's generic. Anyway I'll buy the retail game just to try it out.
  • trixtrix Member UncommonPosts: 66
    Graphics look like garbage in this review for some reason, game has a good concept but if you don't ban hammer the aimbots and script kids then your company should be bankrupted imho
    LOL L2's new advertisement is wonderful..... 
    Take a step back in time and relive the original Lineage II experience as it was in the beginning. Create a classic hero from the original 5 races and 31 class options and jump into the nostalgic hardcore level grind where the rewards can outweigh the risks. It's your chance to experience the game the way it was when "hardcore" meant something!
  • immoralthangimmoralthang Member RarePosts: 300

Eh. No Steam, no care.

Even if it was on Steam, you would still need to launch it from Uplay.
  • XiaokiXiaoki Member EpicPosts: 3,847
    The open beta for The Division 1 was for 3 days a couple weeks before launch.

So, The Division 2 open beta will probably be the in the last week of February.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0
    edited January 2019
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • Cuppett5Cuppett5 Member UncommonPosts: 156
    Nah, easy pass on this one.
  • syltmackasyltmacka Member UncommonPosts: 404
    it feels like its gonna be tricky without snow to see enemies and such. too much clutter and stuff happening. going to buy it nevertheless because i loved the first one. new york is favorite city and winter is favorite season.
    maybe they do los angeles with desert theme next lol.
  • GruntyGrunty Member EpicPosts: 8,657
    edited January 2019
    The Division 2 website page shows a date of 19 March 2019 as the retail release date.  The pre-order release date is 15 March.
    [Deleted User]
    "I used to think the worst thing in life was to be all alone.  It's not.  The worst thing in life is to end up with people who make you feel all alone."  Robin Williams
  • MrMelGibsonMrMelGibson Member EpicPosts: 3,033
    Loved the first Division. Can't wait to save the white house and get me some of those Hamberders.
    [Deleted User]JeroKane[Deleted User]
  • GruntyGrunty Member EpicPosts: 8,657
    Loved the first Division. Can't wait to save the white house and get me some of those Hamberders.
    Gotta get past the red Christmas trees first.  A couple of incendiary grenades should do it though.
    MrMelGibsonJeroKane[Deleted User]
    "I used to think the worst thing in life was to be all alone.  It's not.  The worst thing in life is to end up with people who make you feel all alone."  Robin Williams
  • sgelsgel Member EpicPosts: 2,197
    I really enjoyed the first one for a while.
    I'll be waiting for the open beta though before I buy.
    TacticalZombeh

..Cake..

• JeroKaneJeroKane Member EpicPosts: 6,965

trix said:

games going to be filled with hacks just like division 1 with no recoil scripts for your mouse and aimbots that can't or won't be stopped cause these companies do not find it profitable to ban hackers credit cards and names.

That's why I play these games on Console.
    ConstantineMerus