Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Visionary Realms Adds Pantheon: Rise of the Fallen Devs & Will Speed Up Production - MMORPG.com

SBFordSBFord Former Associate EditorMember LegendaryPosts: 33,129
edited January 2019 in News & Features Discussion

imageVisionary Realms Adds Pantheon: Rise of the Fallen Devs & Will Speed Up Production - MMORPG.com

The latest Pantheon: Rise of the Fallen newsletter is out and it's filled with promise with 2019 fully underway. Of particular note, the letter announces that some new staff have been brought on board thanks to the "upheaval in the gaming industry in the final quarter of 2018" that led to some opportunities in the hiring department. As a result, production will speed up and the team "will increase implementation of a myriad of systems and features without impacting our long-term finances".

Read the full story here

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 

Comments

• ScorchienScorchien Member LegendaryPosts: 8,914
    Thats great news..

And look at that an MMO hiring and expanding .. Didnt anyone tell them that Fortnite is going to kill them and the PC industry is dead..
    mmolouazarhalXarkoKyleran[Deleted User]BitterClingerMrMelGibsonTacticalZombehnatpick
  • jgDuffayjgDuffay Member UncommonPosts: 237

Scorchien said:

Thats great news..

And look at that an MMO hiring and expanding .. Didnt anyone tell them that Fortnite is going to kill them and the PC industry is dead..

Shhh! Just be quiet. They might even give out a full product and not an alpha.
    ScorchienKyleranSamhaelPottedPlant22
  • MendelMendel Member LegendaryPosts: 5,609
    I hope this isn't a signal that the private investors are getting antsy and pressing for deliverables.  Planned expansion is good.  Pressured expansion in response to external issues isn't.

Logic, my dear, merely enables one to be wrong with great authority.

• VoidfarerVoidfarer Member UncommonPosts: 178
    Oohhh Exciting!
  • ScorchienScorchien Member LegendaryPosts: 8,914
    Scorchien said:
    Thats great news..

Yeah a tiny company making a niche game. These refugee employees came from the multi-million dollar AAA market which is currently losing its shit.

This is good news for Pantheon and I wish them the best, but please don't try to spin their good fortune into proof there is nothing going wrong in the main stream gaming industry.
    Its not that big a deal , no different than 08 .. .. When i watched EA drop to 15$ a share ( i grabbed a couple hundred thousand K shares at that point .. :) .. Watching waiting ..for oppurtunities..

The industry is in flux , but not nearly the drama some would have you believe ... Some very good interesting movement , that the smart kids are paying attention to ..
  • SaltyDog79SaltyDog79 Member UncommonPosts: 119
    Reading the title of the article wrong gave me a new idea for a game. Rise of the Fallen Devs!
    Kyleran
  • KyleranKyleran Member LegendaryPosts: 43,508

Arterius said:

Scorchien said:

Thats great news..

Yeah a tiny company making a niche game. These refugee employees came from the multi-million dollar AAA market which is currently losing its shit.

This is good news for Pantheon and I wish them the best, but please don't try to spin their good fortune into proof there is nothing going wrong in the main stream gaming industry.

I wouldn't worry to much though. Who knows where Fortnite will be when Pantheon comes out in 2020 or beyond. I for one thing that Fortnite is just a fad and it will pass in about six more months to a year and than epic is going to learn the hard way about putting there money on one horse.

Would not write off Fortnite yet as they keep adding things to it which people seem to really like. I hate it myself but Epic commitment to the game will not go away soon.

As for Pantheon this is great news and glad they hired a quality animator as animations are fairly bad in current form. Article is somewhat lite on details though unless I missed it. How many they hired and what is the new roadmap with the new staff on board. Hope this leans more to a 2020 beta and release than 2021 or 2022 as it was looking.
    Mark Jacob's called, said to tell Brad roadmaps are for suckers.

MrMelGibson

"True friends stab you in the front." | Oscar Wilde 

"I need to finish" - Christian Wolff: The Accountant

Just trying to live long enough to play a new, released MMORPG, playing New Worlds atm

Fools find no pleasure in understanding but delight in airing their own opinions. Pvbs 18:2, NIV

Don't just play games, inhabit virtual worlds™

"This is the most intelligent, well qualified and articulate response to a post I have ever seen on these forums. It's a shame most people here won't have the attention span to read past the second line." - Anon

• MrMelGibsonMrMelGibson Member EpicPosts: 3,033

Arterius said:

Scorchien said:

Thats great news..

I wouldn't worry to much though. Who knows where Fortnite will be when Pantheon comes out in 2020 or beyond. I for one thing that Fortnite is just a fad and it will pass in about six more months to a year and than epic is going to learn the hard way about putting there money on one horse.

I'm sure people said the same thing about Wow after it's initial success. Still running 15 years later. I think this "fad" just doesn't appeal to the older demographic. That doesn't mean it's going away anytime soon.
    Lokero[Deleted User]
  • TiamatRoarTiamatRoar Member RarePosts: 1,685
    Scorchien said:
    Thats great news..

Considering that they got those extra employees due to "upheaval in the gaming industry in the final quarter of 2018", there's a decent possibility that the reason why they're expanding in the first place is because Fortnite is killing other companies.
  • OscillateOscillate Member UncommonPosts: 239

Scorchien said:

Thats great news..

I would hope no one told them that, because it isn't true. lol

(Akiraosc)

• LokeroLokero Member RarePosts: 1,514

Arterius said:

Scorchien said:

Thats great news..

I'm sure people said the same thing about Wow after it's initial success. Still running 15 years later. I think this "fad" just doesn't appeal to the older demographic. That doesn't mean it's going away anytime soon.
    Yeah, Fortnite could be dead by the end of the year, but that'll be because another similar game took its place.

Battle Royale is basically this generation's evolution of the multiplayer-FPS genre.  I don't think it's going away anytime soon, either.
    MrMelGibson
  • QuizzicalQuizzical Member LegendaryPosts: 25,355
    Ever hear that adding more programmers to a late project makes it later?
    KyleranMendel
  • Arkade99Arkade99 Member RarePosts: 538
    Scorchien said:
    Scorchien said:
    Thats great news..

Its not that big a deal , no different than 08 .. .. When i watched EA drop to 15$ a share ( i grabbed a couple hundred thousand K shares at that point .. :) .. Watching waiting ..for oppurtunities..

The industry is in flux , but not nearly the drama some would have you believe ... Some very good interesting movement , that the smart kids are paying attention to ..
    You bought 3 million dollars worth of shares in EA?
  • KyleranKyleran Member LegendaryPosts: 43,508
    Arkade99 said:
    Scorchien said:
    Scorchien said:
    Thats great news..

And didnt sell it at $128?

I'm wondering why he isn't building his own MMORPG. 

;)
    QuizzicalAlmostLancelotGdemamiMrMelGibson

"True friends stab you in the front." | Oscar Wilde 

"I need to finish" - Christian Wolff: The Accountant

Just trying to live long enough to play a new, released MMORPG, playing New Worlds atm

Fools find no pleasure in understanding but delight in airing their own opinions. Pvbs 18:2, NIV

Don't just play games, inhabit virtual worlds™

"This is the most intelligent, well qualified and articulate response to a post I have ever seen on these forums. It's a shame most people here won't have the attention span to read past the second line." - Anon

• WizardryWizardry Member LegendaryPosts: 19,332
    edited January 2019
    I hope it turns out to be a really good game but if not,i have plenty to do and actually short on time so i won't be adding any re-skinned same old.
    I basically have a go to game in many genres,i don't need to buy another game.
    In the mmorpg genre,i feel i was spoiled having got to play FFXI,an absolute amazing game that i also feel ran out of ideas because it did almost everything.So all i have seen over the years is better graphics but NOT better game design and i need better otherwise i'll just play the games i already enjoy.

I still look back at EQ1,it wasn't good enough,i look at the following years of that team,nothing improved,actually repeated many of the same bad design ideas.So my hope this game will be better is slim at best.

Never forget 3 mile Island and never trust a government official or company spokesman.

• GdemamiGdemami Member EpicPosts: 12,342
    Arkade99 said:
    ...not saying it is the case but it'is called leverage.
  • KabonKabon Member UncommonPosts: 78
    i hope alot of ppls realize that this short lived fps games arent the most interesting way to play. Instead finding a social game world where decisions matter over time becomes interesting and your character can actually grow in what they can do not just in how they look. Atm the mmorpgs are dead for me since there are almost no modern mmorpgs where teamwork really matters.