Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

World of Warcraft Item Levels to Rise When Battle of Darzar'alor Opens

SBFordSBFord Former Associate EditorMember LegendaryPosts: 33,129
edited January 2019 in News & Features Discussion

imageWorld of Warcraft Item Levels to Rise When Battle of Darzar'alor Opens

When the next World of Warcraft raid opens, most obtainable gear in World of Warcraft: Battle for Azeroth will rise significantly. This means that max-level gear obtained in activities including PvP, emissary chests, Mythic+ dungeons and in the Battle for Dazar'alor raid will go up from 395 to 425.

Read the full story here

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 

Comments

• SsLTSsLT Member UncommonPosts: 3
    Great fun! Chase a new number on my gear!
  • donpadrexdonpadrex Member UncommonPosts: 46
    edited January 2019
    Imagine the work that goes into this gear design. I bet that someone just needs to change one value in the code and everything adjusts to that new number. Probably the reason why everything is now scaled.
  • bcbullybcbully Member EpicPosts: 11,838
    There is no more “real” challenge to be had on the pve side of mmorpgs. It’s all been done. Move in, move out, don’t step in red, blah blah. Soooo they raise the ilvl by stupid amounts.
    "We see fundamentals and we ape in"
  • AvanahAvanah Member RarePosts: 1,615
    HAHAHA!

They are getting desperate now.

Poor Cow. Those Udders must be very Sore.
    ScotXingbairongborghive49OzmodanLeguma11

"My Fantasy is having two men at once...

One Cooking and One Cleaning!"

---------------------------

"A good man can make you feel sexy,

strong and able to take on the whole world...

oh sorry...that's wine...wine does that..."

• esc-joconnoresc-joconnor Member RarePosts: 1,097

bcbully said:

There is no more “real” challenge to be had on the pve side of mmorpgs. It’s all been done. Move in, move out, don’t step in red, blah blah. Soooo they raise the ilvl by stupid amounts.

Even as someone with only limited exposure to the Mythic+ and Raid content of BfA I can tell you you don't know what you are talking about.
    I'm not into the gear grind, but for those that are this is expected and I believe appreciated to some degree.
    kitaradViper482HorusraOzmodanPalebane
  • Viper482Viper482 Member LegendaryPosts: 4,056
    edited January 2019

bcbully said:

Even as someone with only limited exposure to the Mythic+ and Raid content of BfA I can tell you you don't know what you are talking about.

I'm not into the gear grind, but for those that are this is expected and I believe appreciated to some degree.

Mythic+....do the same thing....but faster. How else is any end game crap in WoW different than it was in Legion? I have been there, I do know. It's all about chasing ilvl.
    Make MMORPG's Great Again!
  • meonthissitemeonthissite Member UncommonPosts: 917
    Blizzard is adding more grind to fix the grind for the items you grind as a reward for your grinding.
    KalebGraysonPhryOzmodan
  • feztoniofeztonio Member UncommonPosts: 60
    So I can either push high level.mythic dungeons which are going to be difficulty buffed in order to gear ... or I can wait for darkshore to go live and run that for about 4 hours to deck my toon out in 385?? Lolz
    MadFrenchie
  • SsLTSsLT Member UncommonPosts: 3
    I quit when I realized 95% of my time was spent trying to increase my ilvl so that I would have a higher ilvl. Miss the pvp but hate that it's balanced around "esports".
  • SephirosoSephiroso Member RarePosts: 2,020
    Viper482 said:

bcbully said:

Mythic+....do the same thing....but faster. How else is any end game crap in WoW different than it was in Legion? I have been there, I do know. It's all about chasing ilvl.
    He was quoting someone saying that there is no "real" challenge to be had on the pve side of mmorpgs. Had nothing to do with what you're talking about. High Mythics+ is a challenge. To say otherwise is to deny reality.

You can argue that it adds very little to the game other than another way to grind for gear or that its shallow, but to say that it isn't challenging? As i said, denying reality.
    esc-joconnor

Be the Ultimate Ninja! Play Billy Vs. SNAKEMAN today!

• halfmystichalfmystic Member RarePosts: 532
    I mean, you guys are upset about what they've been doing since the beginning of WoW?

Expansion comes out, item levels get reset, and as new patches get released for expansions the item level rises as well.

Why are you upset about the formula they've been using since day 1?
    Unless you're tired of this, in which case, go to GW2. They have a wonderful cosmetic system.
  • PhryPhry Member LegendaryPosts: 11,004
    Blizzard can't seem to do anything right these days, are the talented people being ignored or are they too busy making mobile gatchaman games :p
    Extending gear levels/Character levels is a pretty lame faux content attempt, can't see players being all that happy with it.
  • OzmodanOzmodan Member EpicPosts: 9,726
    Does anyone still play this disaster?

• Leguma11Leguma11 Member UncommonPosts: 32
    I think I have been screaming that Blizz is a pathetic Company for years and their ''King of MMOS'' just a Grind for Bigger Numbers before Cata etc......

Nice to see some users finally seeing that ...... God damm Nostalgia .... and No, Classic WoW ain't gonna fix sh*t ....sorry !

• PalebanePalebane Member RarePosts: 4,011
    edited January 2019
    halfmystic said:
    I mean, you guys are upset about what they've been doing since the beginning of WoW?
    Yes. It isn’t fun anymore, lol. Honestly though, they have taken a lot of player agency and options away over the years. Hardly the same at all, imo. Just because you slap some new numbers on something doesnt make it worthwhile, as more and more players are discovering.
    [Deleted User]

Vault-Tec analysts have concluded that the odds of worldwide nuclear armaggeddon this decade are 17,143,762... to 1.

• esc-joconnoresc-joconnor Member RarePosts: 1,097
    Sephiroso said:
    Viper482 said:

bcbully said:

He was quoting someone saying that there is no "real" challenge to be had on the pve side of mmorpgs. Had nothing to do with what you're talking about. High Mythics+ is a challenge. To say otherwise is to deny reality.

You can argue that it adds very little to the game other than another way to grind for gear or that its shallow, but to say that it isn't challenging? As i said, denying reality.
    Exactly. 

And I don't know what all the talk about Grind is in this thread. Grind is when you do the same thing over and over ad nauseam. Like in classic wow where there wasn't enough content to level through the Eastern Plaguelands IIRC. If you are trying to iLevel up in WoW now you do a range of activities that can all give you beneficial loot. And the iLevel game isn't the only game in town. I'm just happy unlocking the allied races and going through the stories of the current and recent expansions I missed. Been months and still haven't done all the quests for BfA. 

The game is definitely flawed, oh the flaws and missed potential! But I don't think their progression system is one of the big problems. 
  • OzmodanOzmodan Member EpicPosts: 9,726
    Sephiroso said:
    Viper482 said:

bcbully said:

Exactly. 

And I don't know what all the talk about Grind is in this thread. Grind is when you do the same thing over and over ad nauseam. Like in classic wow where there wasn't enough content to level through the Eastern Plaguelands IIRC. If you are trying to iLevel up in WoW now you do a range of activities that can all give you beneficial loot. And the iLevel game isn't the only game in town. I'm just happy unlocking the allied races and going through the stories of the current and recent expansions I missed. Been months and still haven't done all the quests for BfA. 

The game is definitely flawed, oh the flaws and missed potential! But I don't think their progression system is one of the big problems. 
    What the Wow development team has done is taken away choice, mainly so it is much easier to balance pvp.  Without the ability to chose your characters skillset it  has become mind numbingly boring.