Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Closers EU and NA Servers to Merge Into a Single World Server - MMORPG.com

SBFordSBFord Former Associate EditorMember LegendaryPosts: 33,129
edited January 2019 in News & Features Discussion

imageClosers EU and NA Servers to Merge Into a Single World Server - MMORPG.com

En Masse Entertainment has informed its Closers community that EU and NA servers will be merging into a single world server. The merger process is slated to begin on January 29th at 4:00 pm Pacific / 7:00 pm Eastern and will last approximately ten hours. To help players prepare, devs have posted a Q&A with helpful information about what needs to be done ahead of the merge process.

Read the full story here

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 

Comments

• AlbatroesAlbatroes Member LegendaryPosts: 7,671
    Mergers mean games are thriving right....?
    Kyleranceh430
  • Panther2103Panther2103 Member EpicPosts: 5,766

Albatroes said:

Mergers mean games are thriving right....?

I don't think this game has ever been thriving, or been seen as thriving.
    Kyleranwingood
  • BitterClingerBitterClinger Member UncommonPosts: 439
    Oh, I thought all the Closers players had already moved to the Code Closers server. Thanks for the news.
  • WizardryWizardry Member LegendaryPosts: 19,332

[Deleted User]

Never forget 3 mile Island and never trust a government official or company spokesman.

• QuizzicalQuizzical Member LegendaryPosts: 25,347
    DMKano said:
    Why they ever bothered publishing this in the west is beyond me 
    Never mind the west.  Why did they publish it anywhere at all?  How did someone think it was a good idea to make moving around painful in a game with action combat predicated on moving around a lot?

Of course, considering how much of the game they didn't bother to translate into English, it probably didn't cost them much to add an English language version.
  • Desmond_WyghtDesmond_Wyght Member CommonPosts: 1
    It's honestly a good game, I wish that the game was more popular than it is. It's a lot better than you give it credit for, and the fact that the dialogue has subtle differences based on the character you use is amazing, showing how the NPCs react to the different personalities.
    As far as the combat, it does take some getting used to, but once you've got it, it's a blast to fight your way through large groups of enemies, and the boss battles do get better as you go further into the game. I'd say it's one of the best side-scrolling MMOs I've played. I'd love an open-world game based on the Closers world, or maybe a peek into the pasts of some of the older characters. I hope that the game doesn't shut down any time soon, it's definitely a game that worth looking into. As for how there are parts of the game that still haven't been translated yet, they probably just wanted to get the characters themselves in before bringing in the rest of the game.
    onelesslight
  • QuizzicalQuizzical Member LegendaryPosts: 25,347
    I'd say it's one of the best side-scrolling MMOs I've played.
    All right then, I have to ask:  how many side-scrolling MMOs have you played?

Also, welcome to the forums.