Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Anthem: 7 Minutes of Fort Tarsis Exploration Gameplay - MMORPG.com

2»

Comments

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0
    edited January 2019
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
    Post edited by [Deleted User] on
  • SovrathSovrath Member LegendaryPosts: 32,002
    So a bunch of shallow dialog most players will just skip through and ignore.
    yeah but that's their "problem/choice."

The games are made for a certain group of people in mind, people who like role playing games. People who care about immersion and character.

Of course, any person with the money is "the right group of people" in the end, but make no mistake, the people who want the world they built will appreciate it.
    Octagon7711
    Like Skyrim? Need more content? Try my Skyrim mod "Godfred's Tomb." 

Godfred's Tomb Trailer: https://youtu.be/-nsXGddj_4w

Original Skyrim: https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/109547

Try the "Special Edition." 'Cause it's "Special." https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/64878/?tab=description

Serph toze kindly has started a walk-through. https://youtu.be/UIelCK-lldo 
  • MadFrenchieMadFrenchie Member LegendaryPosts: 8,505
    Lusts said:

Can't believe they gave up the ME series to make clones of other games. A lot of TV executives make shows put in content that is popular on other TV shows. I hope the gaming world execs aren't doing this.

They didn't give up on the Mass Effect series. They are making more which has been stated by Bioware. They dropped Andromeda because it was a technical mess that would've taken way too much time to fix while still trying to develop the promised DLC for the game. It's disappointing they dropped Andromeda, but the Mass Effect series will continue.

"And yes - we hear loud and clear the interest in BioWare doing more Dragon Age and Mass Effect, so rest assured that we have some teams hidden away working on some secret stuff that I think you'll really like - we're just not ready to talk about any of it for a little while..."

Source: https://screenrant.com/bioware-mass-effect-games-future/
    In B4 Mass Effect Immortal.
    Octagon7711

• SabracSabrac Member UncommonPosts: 138
    edited January 2019
    Lusts said:

Can't believe they gave up the ME series to make clones of other games. A lot of TV executives make shows put in content that is popular on other TV shows. I hope the gaming world execs aren't doing this.

They didn't give up on the Mass Effect series. They are making more which has been stated by Bioware. They dropped Andromeda because it was a technical mess that would've taken way too much time to fix while still trying to develop the promised DLC for the game. It's disappointing they dropped Andromeda, but the Mass Effect series will continue.

"And yes - we hear loud and clear the interest in BioWare doing more Dragon Age and Mass Effect, so rest assured that we have some teams hidden away working on some secret stuff that I think you'll really like - we're just not ready to talk about any of it for a little while..."

Source: https://screenrant.com/bioware-mass-effect-games-future/
    In B4 Mass Effect Immortal.

MadFrenchie
  • ceh430ceh430 Member UncommonPosts: 42
    i still don't get it... is it MMO or not? does it at least have multi-player interaction on level like Destiny/Division?
  • ScorchienScorchien Member LegendaryPosts: 8,914
    ceh430 said:
    i still don't get it... is it MMO or not? does it at least have multi-player interaction on level like Destiny/Division?
    Its not , and looks as boring as the rest of the similar cloth games its cut from
    NorseGod
  • SolancerSolancer Member UncommonPosts: 121
    My 2 cents, its not a mmo but a mpo (multi-players online(always on) game), and hell again sure enough, indeed looks like Destiny with jet pack, more or less. The story is just there to make a hollow game feeling a bit more dinging sound inside its hollow self proclaiming as an RPG, in my opinion. This is as thin RPG in the mmo space as it gets, again not a real mmo just a share game, granted you have friends who play this game with.

But sure enough THEIR will be ppl buying into it, after all nothing like a new shiny coat of new paint on the same old same old to re-sell again thing in today's market. Capitalism is best to re-sell you the same phone for the next 200 years even tho most ppl stop somewhere near the 100 mark. As you can see that how it all works for those suit ppl short sighted and only knows how to make quick buck in a year but go out of biz in 3 years time. I can't understand how or why the top exec are using those crap marketing ppl to make anything but on a fools run.

Again Bioware sure got skills when come to making characters and looking younger but yet sounding a lot older then they appears to be. Once again game plays matter which what we spend the most time doing in this game. As they had shown on many videos the game play is going to be, looking like a on rail shoot them upper more or less depending who you ask.

Looking cool is probably the only thing Anthem got going for it, once the younger/new to genera see it all in 10-20 hours, well not much after that. Sure it could still be fun, but like most ppl are already wanting the next NEWer thing before the game even goes live. Seen it, played, claimed as an mmo/rpg but not, its cool but locked behind a pay wall but you will look like generic clone, and yet we are here again playing the same old same old. Maybe Anthem BR is a thing or Anthem clone war on your phone sure looks like fun, I can't wait for those. Just my 2 cents. >_> a sad looking 2 cents too, searching for Anthem 2 on the internet . . . no result :(, I try tho.
  • MadFrenchieMadFrenchie Member LegendaryPosts: 8,505
    KingNaid said:
    Zenislav said:
    Only thing that worries me atm is if this game will be SJW cesspool.
    you should stay away from it, it has women and black people in it
    Ummmm no one cares if it has women, blacks, mexicans, or any other minority in it.  Problem with Bioware is they force feed you their brand of social morales down your throat.  I can turn on the news (if you can call it that) and see all the social justice I want.  I do not need Bioware preaching it to me in their game.

Another thing I noticed about the video is the environments look very good but the character models and facial expressions look like something from 10 yrs ago.  I cannot put my finger on what it is exactly but they look like models that should be in SWTOR and not something releasing in 2019.  If you have BDO level environments then give me BDO level character models!
    There's a fine line between force feeding and merely presenting a wider social paradigm.  Remember, homosexual gamers have had to deal with heterosexual male machismo to the extreme since the dawn of the RPG.  The lack of any other social paradigm was force feeding to anyone who didn't fit or enjoy the stereotype.

• hallucigenocidehallucigenocide Member RarePosts: 1,015
    none of this is new. especially not when it comes to sci-fi.
    so just can that "conservative" outrage...

NorseGod[Deleted User]

I had fun once, it was terrible.

• hallucigenocidehallucigenocide Member RarePosts: 1,015
    none of this is new. especially not when it comes to sci-fi.
    so just can that "conservative" outrage...

Ok so before throwing words like conservative outrage around it would be beneficial to know what a conservative is first.  No where in the definition does it say that they are all white males who hate everything else.  There are gay, black, latino, and every other color of the rainbow conservative people in the political spectrum.  Notice I say they because I do not identify that way but expecting people to educate themselves before throwing out remarks is about like expecting Barney Fife to not shoot himself in the foot.

This equates to assuming all left wing liberals are card carrying members of Antifa
    go on.

I had fun once, it was terrible.

• TokkenTokken Member EpicPosts: 3,549
    Yawn. Barely made it thru the video.
    NorseGod

Proud MMORPG.com member since March 2004!  Make PvE GREAT Again!