Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

ArcheAge's Next Update will Let Players Choose to be Pirates - MMORPG.com

SBFordSBFord Former Associate EditorMember LegendaryPosts: 33,129
edited January 2019 in News & Features Discussion

imageArcheAge's Next Update will Let Players Choose to be Pirates - MMORPG.com

The next big update coming to ArcheAge is v5.1 that will be released on January 16th. It's bringing some fairly significant changes to the game including alterations in the Hero System, a 5-player Abyssal Library Dungeon is coming and the Pirate Faction "becoming more fleshed out" as a nation. Players will be able to actively opt in to the Pirate nation by completing a quest.

Read the full story here

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 

Comments

• ScorchienScorchien Member LegendaryPosts: 8,914
    Library is a Horrid experience , dont matter how many people are there ..

Hero System is bad and should be removed ..

Pirates mehh .. But you should not be allowed to leave IMO via quest .. Thats BS '

Golden Plains was one of the few fun and enjoyable things of AA , and now they've fucked that up ...

• idontlikemynameidontlikemyname Member UncommonPosts: 40
    Totally forgot this game sill alive
  • FlyByKnightFlyByKnight Member EpicPosts: 3,967
    ArcheAge's Next Update will Let Players Choose to be Deleted
    "As far as the forum code of conduct, I would think it's a bit outdated and in need of a refre *CLOSED*" 

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
  • Viper482Viper482 Member LegendaryPosts: 4,064
    So sad, this game was so great in testing.
    Dauzqul[Deleted User]gastovski1TacticalZombehAeolynWaand_20
    Make MMORPG's Great Again!
  • DauzqulDauzqul Member RarePosts: 1,982

Viper482 said:

So sad, this game was so great in testing.

Totally agree. Excellent game during beta. Never seen anything crash and burn so fast due to all the gold selling / cash shop bs.
    Viper482KyleranAeolynWaan
  • WarEnsembleWarEnsemble Member UncommonPosts: 252
    stupid
    This game literally has a couple issues that if they addressed would have took it in another direction. These issues have been ignored for years, and will probably be realized as a last ditch effort. Here's the thing... time matters. 
    • Subscription Only
    • Remove all P2W/Cash Shop ties to game play
    • 1 account per email address (people circumvent this but there won't be any reason to with the above)
    • No multi-boxing
    • 24 x 24 space land allotment per account at launch (gradually allowing more as launch rush normalizes)
    • Land grid system (so players can't squat 2 plots with 1 placement or turn property to encroach on other plots)
    • Return the labor regen to 20/20

Fixing these things would probably cascade down to issues with the Player Nations, zerg guilds, and other foolery.

They'll NEVER do it and if they do (after Jake Song cuts off his own genital and tosses it into dirt) it will be at a time when everyone is playing something ELSE and over it.
    Viper482
    "As far as the forum code of conduct, I would think it's a bit outdated and in need of a refre *CLOSED*" 

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
  • guigazoviskguigazovisk Member UncommonPosts: 4
    Sad to see games that could be great ruined like this.
    Viper482SabracTacticalZombeh
  • AlbatroesAlbatroes Member LegendaryPosts: 7,671
    edited January 2019

This game literally has a couple issues that if they addressed would have took it in another direction. These issues have been ignored for years, and will probably be realized as a last ditch effort. Here's the thing... time matters. 
    • Subscription Only
    • Remove all P2W/Cash Shop ties to game play
    • 1 account per email address (people circumvent this but there won't be any reason to with the above)
    • No multi-boxing
    • 24 x 24 space land allotment per account at launch (gradually allowing more as launch rush normalizes)
    • Land grid system (so players can't squat 2 plots with 1 placement or turn property to encroach on other plots)
    • Return the labor regen to 20/20

Fixing these things would probably cascade down to issues with the Player Nations, zerg guilds, and other foolery.

They'll NEVER do it and if they do (after Jake Song cuts off his own genital and tosses it into dirt) it will be at a time when everyone is playing something ELSE and over it.

Unfortunately, this is Jake Song's face when reading all your suggestions: Its sad seeing such a good game being ruined by greed.
  • MikehaMikeha Member EpicPosts: 9,196
    edited January 2019
    I find it so funny how people say a game is ruined or dead but the game is still going and getting regular content updates.

I mean the game released in 2013 and here it is still going in 2019. Looks like the game just does not need you all in it and is doing fine without you.
    SBFordKyleranPanther2103Sovrathalkarionlog
    edited January 2019
    Mikeha said:
    I find it so funny how people say a game is ruined or dead but the game is still going and getting regular content updates.

I mean the game released in 2013 and here it is still going in 2019. Looks like the game just does not need you all in it and is doing fine without you.

Go ahead and talk about how Steam is only a "small part" of the game population and ignore the statistical fact that the numbers are a microcosm of the larger population.

Go play Bless Onl... never mind.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
  • AlbatroesAlbatroes Member LegendaryPosts: 7,671

Mikeha said:

I mean the game released in 2013 and here it is still going in 2019.

Looks like the game just does not need you all in it and is doing fine without you.

Go ahead and talk about how Steam is only a "small part" of the game population and ignore the statistical fact that the numbers are a microcosm of the larger population.

You also have to couple that 'ideology' of most people playing on the main client are mainly doing so because existing players usually have 2+ accounts online at a given time if you want to play the game 'efficiently.' So that 'population' some people might see online are more-than-likely just alts anyway.
    Aeolyn
    Albatroes said:

Mikeha said:

I mean the game released in 2013 and here it is still going in 2019.

Looks like the game just does not need you all in it and is doing fine without you.

You also have to couple that 'ideology' of most people playing on the main client are mainly doing so because existing players usually have 2+ accounts online at a given time if you want to play the game 'efficiently.' So that 'population' some people might see online are more-than-likely just alts anyway.
    Exactly. In order to play Archeage "correctly" as the opportunists say, you have to have like 6 alts (enough to fill a Family) and run enough carts.
    Kyleran

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
    edited January 2019
    Mikeha said:

LMAO, are they right when they say " The Guilty Will Always Speak " 

This just shows how desperate haters are to find some forum of enjoyment since they cant find it actually playing a game. 

That boy went got some STEAM numbers! LMAO

Its just silly to post STEAM numbers from a game that is not exclusive to STEAM and act like those numbers are a reflection of the total population. How many people are playing though the official launcher? Please post them here so we can see them. 

"Go ahead and talk about how Steam is only a "small part" of the game population and ignore the statistical fact that the numbers are a microcosm of the largerpopulation" To that I say prove that fact. Come on dude, the game launched in 2013 and its still getting a steady flow of regular content updates in 2019. 
    If the game was not doing good this would not be happening. 

At some point common sense has to kick in. 

Post edited by Mikeha on
    alkarionlog
    edited January 2019
    Mikeha said:
    Mikeha said:

This just shows how desperate haters are to find some forum of enjoyment since they cant find it actually playing a game. 

Its just silly to post STEAM numbers from a game that is not exclusive to STEAM and act like those numbers are a reflection of the total population. How many people are playing though the official launcher? Please post them here so we can see them. 

Come on dude, the game launched in 2013 and its still getting a steady flow of regular content updates in 2019. 

When I asked you to do the obvious logically obtuse thing one could do I was being facetious. I really wasn't expecting you to literally do that mixed in with the whole "haters" thing.

There's now 2 legacy and 1 fresh start. There's your common sense corky. That means the population IS dwindling. In addition to that publisher was purchased and the NA forum isn't even updated with the new server info but they're pushing content through. It's been more than a month.

I'm a "hater" who had a stand alone account, AND a Steam account. I was a around when there were WAY more servers for NA. My toon is still sitting on whatever server it was merged into siting around at 9k GS.

The difference between me and you is I'm not a weeb who eats imported dry wall chip chips and licks windows in between Bless/Archeage posts.

But again, I'm typing to the same username wearing capes for Bless Online & Neowiz. You still playing Bless Online with that vast community or are you now waiting for Bless Unleashed?

THANK YOU NEOWIZ... THANK YOU TRION... NANI? I MEAN GAMEIGO, I MEAN XL GAMESUUUU!!!

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
  • lucyluffy101lucyluffy101 Member UncommonPosts: 152
    Archeage don't need this people did say comment dislike in this site. Archeage get full funded anyway by people still love in this game.
    alkarionlog
    edited January 2019
    Mikeha said:
    Mikeha said:

Come on dude, the game launched in 2013 and its still getting a steady flow of regular content updates in 2019. 

When I asked you to do the obvious logically obtuse thing one could do I was being facetious. I really wasn't expecting you to literally do that mixed in with the whole "haters" thing.

There's now 2 legacy and 1 fresh start. There's your common sense corky. That means the population IS dwindling. In addition to that publisher was purchased and the NA forum isn't even updated with the new server info but they're pushing content through. It's been more than a month.

I'm a "hater" who had a stand alone account, AND a Steam account. I was a around when there were WAY more servers for NA. My toon is still sitting on whatever server it was merged into siting around at 9k GS.

The difference between me and you is I'm not a weeb who eats imported dry wall chip chips and licks windows in between Bless/Archeage posts.

But again, I'm typing to the same username wearing capes for Bless Online & Neowiz. You still playing Bless Online with that vast community or are you now waiting for Bless Unleashed?

THANK YOU NEOWIZ... THANK YOU TRION... NANI? I MEAN GAMEIGO, I MEAN XL GAMESUUUU!!!

And just like I thought you dont have a clue how the game is doing. I never said that the population was not dwindling. I said prove that the game is doing bad and the only way you can do that is post a source to a report from Trion / Gamigo proving the game is doing bad. Telling me how many servers the game has is not going to do it. I play Blade and Soul and that game only has 3 servers. 

So you go ahead and keep trying to spin it to Bless Online because you cant prove your point about ArcheAge.  

You act and sound like a child. /sad

Panther2103KyleranFlyByKnightalkarionlog
  • Panther2103Panther2103 Member EpicPosts: 5,766
    Mikeha said:
    Mikeha said:
    Mikeha said:

And just like I thought you dont have a clue how the game is doing. I never said that the population was not dwindling. I said prove that the game is doing bad and the only way you can do that is post a source to a report from Trion / Gamigo proving the game is doing bad. Telling me how many servers the game has is not going to do it. I play Blade and Soul and that game only has 3 servers. 

So you go ahead and keep trying to spin it to Bless Online because you cant prove your point about ArcheAge.  

This. The population isn't that bad on the servers. I tried one of the legacy servers on launch and they had so many people playing there was a long ass queue. Sure right now the population isn't as high as back then, but there's always people talking in chat, and I see plenty of players just running around leveling. 

Back when the game came out, everyone talked about how awful it was doing, and how even the Korean version is doing bad and will be shut down. Obviously that didn't happen.
    Mikehaalkarionlog
  • SupaMutantSupaMutant Member UncommonPosts: 136
    Pirates with thick wallets.
    5|_|©|< /\/\¥ |)!©|< /\/\!|<3|3
  • CaffynatedCaffynated Member RarePosts: 753
    edited January 2019
    This game was a lot of fun when you could manage a 20:1 K:D ratio with quest armor and a Hasla weapon. But once all the P2W kiddies swiped to get OP gear, you could barely hurt them while they 2 shot you.

Some enterprising young dev team should copy paste the game mechanics while dropping the absurd gear curve and cash shop.
    d_20
    edited January 2019
    Mikeha said:
    Mikeha said:
    Mikeha said:

Are you lobotomized?

Why would a game cut it's server amount from 8 (or more) to 3? 8 means it was more populated at one point and they've been consolidating from then. What constitutes a reason to CONSOLIDATE servers?

I'm not spinning anything to Bless Online. YOU ARE the poster who literally lobs these same mindless pom pom points about that game.

Bless Online - You're just a hater
    Archeage - You're just a hater

Ball your fist up, look at it, and sock yourself until you draw blood. Maybe it will jog your memory and some basic logic into that helium balloon on your neck.
    Waanalkarionlog

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
  • phoenixfire2phoenixfire2 Member UncommonPosts: 228
    I loved this game when I played it in beta.  Then the p2w hit.  Glad I didn't buy a founder's package and never spent 1 penny on this game.  Forgot it existed and prefer to keep it that way.  Piss on p2w, I do a little jig when they inevitably sunset after they've skinned a few thousand gullible whales.
  • LustsLusts Member RarePosts: 205
    A few people in here fail to realize that ArcheAge is no longer under TRIONs control. TRION was sold off and all of the devs / team have been let go and replaced. It's now Gamigo that controls it. While Gamigo doesn't necessarily have any good or bad history, give them about a year to try and change the things they want to change. Also, I quit ArcheAge about 4 months into launch and I was a Founder. So I am watching the game from the sidelines to see how Gamigo handles it.
    edited January 2019
    Downloaded the game again to give it go.
    alkarionlog
    Mikeha said:
    Mikeha said:
    Mikeha said:

This. The population isn't that bad on the servers. I tried one of the legacy servers on launch and they had so many people playing there was a long ass queue. Sure right now the population isn't as high as back then, but there's always people talking in chat, and I see plenty of players just running around leveling. 

Back when the game came out, everyone talked about how awful it was doing, and how even the Korean version is doing bad and will be shut down. Obviously that didn't happen.

Exactly, 

You try to tell them but they dont want to listen. Kids these days. 
    alkarionlog