Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

For all the WoW refugees coming to ffxiv

13»

Comments

• PalebanePalebane Member RarePosts: 4,011
    edited January 2019
    I quit WoW because of the endless daily world quest reputation grind. I never enjoyed grinding rep, but now players are only allowed a certain amount each day, and the rep grinds have taken over everything. I cant even play any of the new races or unlock some of the flightpaths without grinding the same limited daily rep quests for weeks/months. Don’t even get me started on pathfinder.

Vault-Tec analysts have concluded that the odds of worldwide nuclear armaggeddon this decade are 17,143,762... to 1.

• KajidourdenKajidourden Member EpicPosts: 3,030
    Linif said:
    The only real gripe I can agree with, when it comes to moving from WoW to FF14, are the invisible walls and loading screens. Things feel somewhat linear in comparison to WoW.

However, what I don't agree with is the gripes about GCD. Granted, combat in the beginning feels slow. Later on, the weaving of so many oGCDs in to your rotations makes combat as fast paced (If not faster) when compared to WoW. Rotations are more complicated and class fantasy is achieved far more successfully.

I have a problem with levelling alts. Playing and doing the same quests over and over again to level an alt. In FF14, every single class is playable on one character. Want to level that other class? Here's a 100% increase in XP gained to make up for the lack of main story questlines.

Gathering and Crafting actually feels like a profession. Instead of just right clicking a plant then left clicking a craft button, you need to gear your professions, learn the gathering and crafting rotations. I'm still having to use materials from the original game to do end-game crafts, making materials valuable no matter what expansion lands, that's insane. There's an actual END-GAME for crafting and gathering. The best players are almost Artisans in their own right.

Going back to the original gripe: areas, dungeons and raids indeed feel linear. Areas aren't nearly as large and (For me) that takes away from the world a fair bit. But it's not nearly enough to say FF14 isn't as good as WoW. If the two games were to combine, it'd be a godly combination.
    Honestly?  I would be playing today if they hadn't done a 1:1 clone of WoW endgame.  The planned obsolescence on a quarterly schedule kills all my motivation to work towards anything that requires more than the bare minimum. 

Why grind out a relic upgrade when:

A) It will never be on par with a raid weapon 
    B) It will be obsolete in a month or two

If only one of those two applied then I would have less heartburn with it, but when BOTH apply it just feels pointless.  Especially when everyone will be handed the thing you grinded for months for if you just wait a little while. 

That's my biggest problem, the other would be the MSQ grind that is required instead of optional.  That backlog of quests only gets bigger and bigger each patch and you're asking new players to complete more and more just to get to a point where they can play with their friends in a meaningful way (where both people are benefiting).
  • DragnelusDragnelus Member EpicPosts: 3,503
    Palebane said:
    I quit WoW because of the endless daily world quest reputation grind. I never enjoyed grinding rep, but now players are only allowed a certain amount each day, and the rep grinds have taken over everything. I cant even play any of the new races or unlock some of the flightpaths without grinding the same limited daily rep quests for weeks/months. Don’t even get me started on pathfinder.
    I know:( but I want a kul tiras druid guess I need to start grinding  :'(

• cheyanecheyane Member LegendaryPosts: 9,101
    seshses said:
    cheyane said:
    Dinasty said:
    FFXIV is definitely not worth $16 a month.

As bad a shape WoW is in, it's still a better game.
    I paid like 9 Euros when I was playing. The subscription has become $16 really wow did not realise that it went up.
    Did you have extra retainers because those can add up your monthly fees
    No I found the retainers I already had more than sufficient.
    Chamber of Chains
  • d_20d_20 Member RarePosts: 1,878
    edited January 2019
    Dragnelus said:
    d_20 said:
    Even Signs of Kelani taking a dark view of WoW today.

10 Reasons Why People Are Unsubbing From BFA

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x4Yl607frzE 
    Never heard of her. I hop from wow and ffxiv all the time. 

He is one of the youtubers that has built his channel on WOW and is pretty much always postive. If he and Taliesin and Evitel (a couple) start criticizing WOW this hard, it is serious. They don't even have a fall back position as far as I can tell. They have been the strongest supporters and only seem to have started wavering recently.

Nixxiom (418k subs) is still trying to stay positive.

It's just interesting for me to see how youtubers who've built their channels on certain games adapt to changes in the fortunes of those games. I like to see people adapt and thrive. 

One of my favorite ESO pvp youtubers bailed and went into Fortnite and exploded. Before that he tried For Honor and other pvp games. He's skilled at any kind of pvp and makes good videos, so he is more successful now than ever.

• DragnelusDragnelus Member EpicPosts: 3,503
    d_20 said:
    Dragnelus said:
    d_20 said:
    Even Signs of Kelani taking a dark view of WoW today.

10 Reasons Why People Are Unsubbing From BFA

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x4Yl607frzE 
    Never heard of her. I hop from wow and ffxiv all the time. 

He is one of the youtubers that has built his channel on WOW and is pretty much always postive. If he and Taliesin and Evitel (a couple) start criticizing WOW this hard, it is serious. They don't even have a fall back position as far as I can tell. They have been the strongest supporters and only seem to have started wavering recently.

Nixxiom (418k subs) is still trying to stay positive.

It's just interesting for me to see how youtubers who've built their channels on certain games adapt to changes in the fortunes of those games. I like to see people adapt and thrive. 

One of my favorite ESO pvp youtubers bailed and went into Fortnite and exploded. Before that he tried For Honor and other pvp games. He's skilled at any kind of pvp and makes good videos, so he is more successful now than ever.

I remember 2 eso youtubers, that templar guy and a nightblade guy.