Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Anthem: 7 Minutes of Fort Tarsis Exploration Gameplay - MMORPG.com

SystemSystem Member UncommonPosts: 12,599
edited January 2019 in Videos Discussion

imageAnthem: 7 Minutes of Fort Tarsis Exploration Gameplay - MMORPG.com

IGN is back with yet another preview for BioWare's upcoming Anthem. This time, viewers will get a look at the player's home away from home, Fort Tarsis. Meet the NPCs that live in the fort and check out some of the systems you'll encounter.

Read the full story here

Comments

• Octagon7711Octagon7711 Member LegendaryPosts: 9,000
    Can't believe they gave up the ME series to make clones of other games. A lot of TV executives make shows put in content that is popular on other TV shows. I hope the gaming world execs aren't doing this.
    MaurgrimnatpickAlomarGdemami

"We all do the best we can based on life experience, point of view, and our ability to believe in ourselves." - Naropa      "We don't see things as they are, we see them as we are."  SR Covey

• LustsLusts Member RarePosts: 205

Can't believe they gave up the ME series to make clones of other games. A lot of TV executives make shows put in content that is popular on other TV shows. I hope the gaming world execs aren't doing this.

They didn't give up on the Mass Effect series. They are making more which has been stated by Bioware. They dropped Andromeda because it was a technical mess that would've taken way too much time to fix while still trying to develop the promised DLC for the game. It's disappointing they dropped Andromeda, but the Mass Effect series will continue.

"And yes - we hear loud and clear the interest in BioWare doing more Dragon Age and Mass Effect, so rest assured that we have some teams hidden away working on some secret stuff that I think you'll really like - we're just not ready to talk about any of it for a little while..."

Source: https://screenrant.com/bioware-mass-effect-games-future/
  • IlayaIlaya Member UncommonPosts: 661
    I have to talk to Prospero as soon as i'm ingame :D :D
  • SupaMutantSupaMutant Member UncommonPosts: 136
    Console downgrade.
    Xarko
    5|_|©|< /\/\¥ |)!©|< /\/\!|<3|3
  • 3dom3dom Member RarePosts: 889
    edited January 2019
    First person view? Character creator isn't ready - or they just save money?

Thank you for your time!

Lusts said:

They didn't give up on the Mass Effect series. They are making more which has been stated by Bioware. They dropped Andromeda because it was a technical mess that would've taken way too much time to fix while still trying to develop the promised DLC for the game. It's disappointing they dropped Andromeda, but the Mass Effect series will continue.

"And yes - we hear loud and clear the interest in BioWare doing more Dragon Age and Mass Effect, so rest assured that we have some teams hidden away working on some secret stuff that I think you'll really like - we're just not ready to talk about any of it for a little while..."

Source: https://screenrant.com/bioware-mass-effect-games-future/
    Good to know.  Can hardly wait to see some stuff.

"We all do the best we can based on life experience, point of view, and our ability to believe in ourselves." - Naropa      "We don't see things as they are, we see them as we are."  SR Covey

• WizardryWizardry Member LegendaryPosts: 19,332
    Tarsis looks ok,however i feel this is more a hub than a city and is likely the only hub in the game.

Inside soem npc's with dialogue but overall not nearly as big a hub/city as the established mmorpg's.While not trying to be a mmorpg it still says a lot about being LESS than yet all of these games still have an asking price similar to the more robust mmorpg's.
    Although the hub looks like a better effort than the rest of the game,still sub par,so this game still does not warrant me buying it.

This as i see in so many games is that one GIMMICK idea type game,just like all the IP copy games,the Batman and the Superman,Spiderman,one gimmick let's make a half assed game.In this case it is the robot/mech gimmick and then they tried to build a semi game supporting that gimmick.

This game since i still have no inclination to want to play it or test it is still a failing grade.Not being released yet,they still have tiem to change my mind with a better effort,time will tell.
    mazutOctagon7711

Never forget 3 mile Island and never trust a government official or company spokesman.

• XiaokiXiaoki Member EpicPosts: 3,847
    edited January 2019

3dom said:

First person view? Character creator isn't ready - or they just save money?

Fort Tarsis has always been first person only.
  • vanstervanster Member UncommonPosts: 15
    Nice to see Bortus from The Orville has voice overs in video games.
    mazutOctagon7711
  • SabracSabrac Member UncommonPosts: 138
    edited January 2019
    They really seem to be trying hard to "prove" that Anthem is a strong story driven game like some of Bioware's other works, which is weird to say the least.

Which would explain why they have the "story" portion separated from the multiplayer side (having a bunch of people running around and maybe trolling?, ruins the immersion of a story)

This types of games usually are the fast food of gaming, a product targeted to the masses rather than a specific group, nothing more nothing less.

But kudos for trying i guess?.
  • RexKushmanRexKushman Member RarePosts: 639
    Looks good, can't wait to try it out in a couple weeks.
    SovrathOctagon7711

• RaquisRaquis Member RarePosts: 1,029
    waiting for open beta.
    Octagon7711
  • Syphin_BSyphin_B Member UncommonPosts: 340
    Ive alpha tested this game..

THIS IS IN NO WAY...A DESTINY CLONE..so stop and chill
    SovrathIlayaSolancer
  • hallucigenocidehallucigenocide Member RarePosts: 1,015
    Zenislav said:
    Only thing that worries me atm is if this game will be SJW cesspool.
    everythings a sjw cesspool if you want it to be.

SovrathNorseGodKajidourden

I had fun once, it was terrible.

• GaladournGaladourn Member RarePosts: 1,813
    I'm glad I ordered a six-core processor, this game looks like it's gonna need a beast to run smoothly
  • ThaneThane Member EpicPosts: 3,534
    edited January 2019

Rhoklaw said:

Destiny 2 with power suits... So another not so MMO, MMO.

yep, like destiny 2 was the first.
    destiny itself is a warframe clone.

who has an earlier reference?

uh and for the record, this game plays as much as destiny as warframe ^^
    if you don't see why genres are being developed, you might wanna try out the original wolfenstein, i think they were the first shoter, everything else is just a wolfenstein clone, ait?
    SupaMutant

"I'll never grow up, never grow up, never grow up! Not me!"

• MaurgrimMaurgrim Member RarePosts: 1,325
    Yawn!
    NorseGod
  • aleosaleos Member UncommonPosts: 1,942
    Just showed me a video on "What i can expect" meanwhile my mind is screaming as i view basic RPG foundation and its explained to me at a crayola crayon level.
    Solancer
  • azarhalazarhal Member RarePosts: 1,402
    Rhoklaw said:
    Can people stop saying the game fail at being something it never tried to be at the first place? It's not a MMO, it's not trying to be a MMO and BioWare never said it was a MMO. Anthem is a up-to 4 players co-op game and nothing else. It has less online features than Monster Hunter World.
  • SupaMutantSupaMutant Member UncommonPosts: 136
    edited January 2019

azarhal said:

Rhoklaw said:

Can people stop saying the game fail at being something it never tried to be at the first place?

It's not a MMO, it's not trying to be a MMO and BioWare never said it was a MMO. Anthem is a up-to 4 players co-op game and nothing else. It has less online features than Monster Hunter World.

That's like asking trolls to please stop trolling.

aleos said:
    Just showed me a video on "What i can expect" meanwhile my mind is screaming as i view basic RPG foundation and its explained to me at a crayola crayon level.
    Do you understand that every year, there are new kids, teens, adults getting into a genre that they've never experienced before. They'll need explanations on the basics. While your attitude is FK them, most large company's attitude is the opposite.

Thane said:

Rhoklaw said:

yep, like destiny 2 was the first.
    destiny itself is a warframe clone.

who has an earlier reference?

uh and for the record, this game plays as much as destiny as warframe ^^
    if you don't see why genres are being developed, you might wanna try out the original wolfenstein, i think they were the first shoter, everything else is just a wolfenstein clone, ait?
    Destiny is a wolfenstein clone, and Warframe is a Mass Effect clone. Clones are bad. Shouldn't play clones.

Bunch of hypocrites.
    Post edited by SupaMutant on
    5|_|©|< /\/\¥ |)!©|< /\/\!|<3|3
  • 3dom3dom Member RarePosts: 889
    Actually this "flying window" FPS clip looks so bad and boring that it made me comment twice. Bad light (see the bright spot at the tip of characters' noses, strange bright spot on top-right of the head, etc.), bad character models (distorted female toon with narrow shoulders and big head), clunky movement and turning of the "flying window" itself (thanks to controller I guess).

Thank you for your time!

• PalebanePalebane Member RarePosts: 4,011
    edited January 2019

Wizardry said:

This as i see in so many games is that one GIMMICK idea type game,just like all the IP copy games,the Batman and the Superman,Spiderman,one gimmick let's make a half assed game.In this case it is the robot/mech gimmick and then they tried to build a semi game supporting that gimmick.

Don’t forget all those games will make millions in preorders, telling the company to keep up the good work.
    Octagon7711

Vault-Tec analysts have concluded that the odds of worldwide nuclear armaggeddon this decade are 17,143,762... to 1.

• XarkoXarko Member EpicPosts: 1,180
    Might be just me, but NPC faces look kinda tired.
    NasaSabracSolancer
  • KingNaidKingNaid Member UncommonPosts: 1,875
    Zenislav said:
    Only thing that worries me atm is if this game will be SJW cesspool.
    you should stay away from it, it has women and black people in it
    DarkpigeonSovrathAlomar[Deleted User]NorseGod
    I have to agree with some of the posts made above. So far everything they show reminds me of Warframe and Destiny 2, except for the jetpacks which remind me of ELEX, just like when I played Wildstar I was reminded of WoW and keep thinking, why not just play WoW. But like I said before, I'm still willing to play the demo, beta, trial, or whatever they have to see how it actually plays.