Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

ATVI Facing a Potential Lawsuit While New CFO Dennis Durkin Rakes in $15M Worth of 'Awards' - MMOR

2»

Comments

• HorusraHorusra Member EpicPosts: 4,411
    I just dont get the ivory tower world anymore. How can any person work be worth 15 million dollars ( unless he is a scientist in line of Tesla or Einstein ) How can any executive be so smart his work is worth 15 million dollars ?
    has it every not been like this.  Rich have always gotten richer and taken care of each other.  Kings did not surround themselves with poor people in ancient days.
    Kylerand_20Dionnal2
  • GruntyGrunty Member EpicPosts: 8,657
    Shit, what do you actually study to get appointed CEO of those IT mastodonts and get a sign in bonus so big that it's going to last you a lifetime It's crazy, you cut actually talented people (and pay the rest the minimum salary for the region) to hire some guy and give him a base salary that's probably 10 times the senior workers in the firm, that actually helped make it. Call me a commie all you want but that's just some corporate bullshit right there. Same shit with Amazon, pay salaries so low that your workers qualify for the coupon program. Buy a general goods chain stores and do not accept these coupons while your CEO is the richest goddamn person to have ever walked the planet .... profit? :D
    You can major in any business field studies but you also need to take the minor in sociopathy.
    cheyane[Deleted User]ThupliTacticalZombehinfomatz
    "I used to think the worst thing in life was to be all alone.  It's not.  The worst thing in life is to end up with people who make you feel all alone."  Robin Williams
  • SabracSabrac Member UncommonPosts: 138

Dauzqul said:

These days will soon be over. The tools given to Indy devs today are absolutely fantastic. Within the next 5-10 years, you will see AAA-looking stuff coming from the Indy crowd.

Take a look at the Unity asset store. Amazing volumetric lighting, terrain tessellation, optimization tools, superior models, etc. Engines are so easy to use now.

I admire your optimism, however, that will change nothing, those indies you think that will make great things, they might will, but they will eventually grow big enough to become just like Activision Blizzard and EA.

"Can a computer make you cry?

Right now, no one knows. This is partly because many would consider the very idea frivolous. But it's also because whoever successfully answers this question must first have answered several others.

Why do we cry? Why do we laugh, or love, or smile? What are the touchstones of our emotions?

Until now, the people who asked such questions tended not to be the same people who ran software companies. Instead, they were writers, filmmakers, painters, musicians. They were, in the traditional sense, artists.

We're about to change that tradition. The name of our company is Electronic Arts"

- Electronic Arts (1983)

Activision started as a result of Atari's terrible practices toward their employees, the founders created it in the belief that game developers deserved more recognition and fair compensation.

The more things change the more they stay the same...

But hey, at least new indies will rise up, until they grow big enough to ensure the cycle keeps going.
    KyleranMendelTacticalZombehinfomatzDionnal2Anskier
  • MadFrenchieMadFrenchie Member LegendaryPosts: 8,505
    edited January 2019
    Kyleran said:
    Many people got angry? sure, but every other big corporation has the same exact problems. If you put your money in any banks, then they have the exact same structure of payment where the top executive got paid millions, and they fired the lower one. I would be more worried about the banks than blizzard. If you google bob iger the ceo of Disney, the compensation would make your eyes rolled.
    Except, is Disney or any big banks struggling with mismanagement issues like Activision / Blizz appears to be?

Since when did management issues prevent a CEO from making out like a fat rat?

Every American should be used to that Golden Parachute by now.  While we're all bitching about donkey and elephants, the rich continue to rake in cash even when they're terribad at their jobs.
    Kylerand_20

• KyleranKyleran Member LegendaryPosts: 43,498
    Grunty said:
    Shit, what do you actually study to get appointed CEO of those IT mastodonts and get a sign in bonus so big that it's going to last you a lifetime It's crazy, you cut actually talented people (and pay the rest the minimum salary for the region) to hire some guy and give him a base salary that's probably 10 times the senior workers in the firm, that actually helped make it. Call me a commie all you want but that's just some corporate bullshit right there. Same shit with Amazon, pay salaries so low that your workers qualify for the coupon program. Buy a general goods chain stores and do not accept these coupons while your CEO is the richest goddamn person to have ever walked the planet .... profit? :D
    You can major in any business field studies but you also need to take the minor in sociopathy.
    It's been claimed many successful business leaders are psychopaths,  certainly extremely narsacistic for sure.

They do however take care of their friends and those in their networks. 
    Mendel

"True friends stab you in the front." | Oscar Wilde 

"I need to finish" - Christian Wolff: The Accountant

Just trying to live long enough to play a new, released MMORPG, playing New Worlds atm

Fools find no pleasure in understanding but delight in airing their own opinions. Pvbs 18:2, NIV

Don't just play games, inhabit virtual worlds™

"This is the most intelligent, well qualified and articulate response to a post I have ever seen on these forums. It's a shame most people here won't have the attention span to read past the second line." - Anon

• KyleranKyleran Member LegendaryPosts: 43,498
    Kyleran said:
    Many people got angry? sure, but every other big corporation has the same exact problems. If you put your money in any banks, then they have the exact same structure of payment where the top executive got paid millions, and they fired the lower one. I would be more worried about the banks than blizzard. If you google bob iger the ceo of Disney, the compensation would make your eyes rolled.
    Except, is Disney or any big banks struggling with mismanagement issues like Activision / Blizz appears to be?

Every American should be used to that Golden Parachute by now.  While we're all bitching about donkey and elephants, the rich continue to rake in cash even when they're terribad at their jobs.
    Not really my point. When the company is successful one can make a case for large compensation rewards, but when it is tanking not so much.

Signing bonuses for someone accepting a job they already have are weird anyways, but the timing could be better for sure.

"True friends stab you in the front." | Oscar Wilde 

"I need to finish" - Christian Wolff: The Accountant

Just trying to live long enough to play a new, released MMORPG, playing New Worlds atm

Fools find no pleasure in understanding but delight in airing their own opinions. Pvbs 18:2, NIV

Don't just play games, inhabit virtual worlds™

"This is the most intelligent, well qualified and articulate response to a post I have ever seen on these forums. It's a shame most people here won't have the attention span to read past the second line." - Anon

• MadFrenchieMadFrenchie Member LegendaryPosts: 8,505
    Kyleran said:
    Kyleran said:

Not really my point. When the company is successful one can make a case for large compensation rewards, but when it is tanking not so much.

Signing bonuses for someone accepting a job they already have are weird anyways, but the timing could be better for sure.
    When did they have to be super successful to rake in that cash?

The creators of the housing bubble made out like fat rats all the same.

• mmoloummolou Member UncommonPosts: 256

parpin said:

i do not understand, they guy got 15m award for just starting the job?? i though you have to do the job for a year at least and if you are good then they will award you?? how come he got 15m award before doing the job, what if he sucks and can not do the job?? they already gave him 15m for nothing, i do not understand this article.

Not quite.
    They gave him a job that pays $900k a year, with a $3.75 million signing bonus.
    The rest is restricted stock. meaning, he only gets it IF he does his job well enough to hit the targets they set.

He might not see any of the $11.3m stock, and if he does eventually get it, he might actually have earned it.
    KyleranDionnal2
    It is a funny world we live in.
    We had Empires run by Emperors, we had Kingdoms run by Kings, now we have Countries...
  • SephrusSephrus Member UncommonPosts: 76
    CEO/CFO is a job title that once you get it you remain it. CEOs that do good move on to bigger and better companies. Ones that do poorly get shuffled down the ladder to the worse companies. But they remain CEOs, until they die or retire.