Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

I'm depressed!

2»

Comments

• jazz.bejazz.be Member UncommonPosts: 962
    cheyane said:
    Try Fallen Earth, it's a crafter's dream.
    Wasn't Fallen Earth shut down a while back? I played it when it launched. Loved the idea. But it was poorly implemented. The game needed a lot of polish.
    Edit: Game is still alive :smile:
    kryntok said:
    Have you ever tried Darkfall? I haven't played the new version but I played it at launch for 2-3 years, and its my second best experience ever, SWG being #1
    Yeah I did. Was looking forward to it for years. Felt like something I would want to play. But the game sucked at first right? They had to do a new release or something just like how FFxiv did reborn?
    Anyway, didn't think it was a lot of fun. Probably a lot of it due to just being low quality.
  • KyleranKyleran Member LegendaryPosts: 43,498
    jazz.be said:
    I haven't had it this bad for a while. I'm so F*. I don't know what to play. 
    Right now I'm filling the time with Overwatch, Rocket League and occasional CS.
    There is no MMORPG that is able to keep me busy right now.
    I played most major MMORPG's out there.
    WoW: not interested anymore, been playing this on and off since launch
    BDO: Nope, played some but not interested
    ESO: Not so much either
    Guild Wars: Nope, have several lvl 80's but not interested
    FFxiv: I might try it again
    SWTOR: Nope, not interested
    Played all of these games and many more at launch.

I don't think I can be surprised with some MMORPG I haven't heard of for some weird reason. I've been going through most articles and youtube videos on "most popular MMORPGs", "and new MMORPGs you can play right now", and "underrated MMORPGs".

I've been playing some Path of Exile. It's a beautiful game, deep character development. Really very nice, but a little bit too repetitive. I don't like the hack and slash too much.
    But I'm very open to other gems like this one. Doesn't even need to be full blown MMO.
    Otherwise I'm open for just some form of MMO I haven't considered yet. Even games like Atlas.

I'm also very interested in Early Access or BETA type of releases.
    I too had hit this wall about a year ago. My solution? I just stopped gaming at all for several months and focused on other hobbies. Made everything feel fresh when the weather turned to cold for golf or tennis and playing games was the easiest way to have fun.
    Other hobbies? Filthy Casual.

;)

ConstantineMerusSovrath[Deleted User]

"True friends stab you in the front." | Oscar Wilde 

"I need to finish" - Christian Wolff: The Accountant

Just trying to live long enough to play a new, released MMORPG, playing New Worlds atm

Fools find no pleasure in understanding but delight in airing their own opinions. Pvbs 18:2, NIV

Don't just play games, inhabit virtual worlds™

"This is the most intelligent, well qualified and articulate response to a post I have ever seen on these forums. It's a shame most people here won't have the attention span to read past the second line." - Anon

Alteiir said:
    Have you tried playing survival games? I'm pretty much over any of the current mmos, but I still love the genre and hope it returns some day. Until then, I fill my time with playing survival games. I played Ark for the first time after ArcheAge started adding to much P2W on their shop. (I would no longer recommend Ark with the Tek stuff). In most of these you can build your own stuff and pvp with other players and if you're not into open world pvp, most of these games have PVE servers.

These are the two that I recommend the most at the moment.
    (Disclaimer, most survival games have poor/moderate server performance)
    Conan Exiles: 
    • Crafting Heavy
    • Some dungeon type areas
    • Rewarded for Exploring
    • Pvp feels good when you wipe someone
    • Base building
    Atlas: (rough launch, but its improving)
    • In development (more content coming)
    • Base/ship building
    • Land or Sea PvP
    • Forge Alliances
    • Trade with players for resources out of your bioms to craft better stuff
    • Claim land for yourself or guild
    • pvp scales up to 150 people per server

Atlas was my latest hope. Never played survival games before and I thought I would have liked it, and I might still like it. Bought the early access and had a horrible time during launch just like everyone else. It's uninstalled now cause I need the space on my SSD. But I might try again when it gets closer to release. I hope they tone down the hunger and thirst mechanisms though. I know it's a survival game but I guess it's fine int he beginning, but surely once you get more settled in you get to eat meat and so you should survive longer on food.
  • AlteiirAlteiir Member UncommonPosts: 33
    One thing I've noticed with some of your posts is that it looks like you are a little reluctant to try something despite a flaw or some pre-conceived notion/review. You're only ever going to get from something what you put into it. I play games with the same 3 people and you cannot really play Atlas that way on the main server, so we joined a larger group that lets us do our own thing within it and its a lot more fun and we've met new people.

Otherwise, my best advice would be to pick up an additional hobby. I started lifting to fill up some of my time and it has been very rewarding.
    Sovrath
  • Viper482Viper482 Member LegendaryPosts: 4,064
    I've had MMORPG depression for years. Not going away any time soon, maybe never. Just going to have to treat it like that ex you had trouble getting over and find something else.
    Make MMORPG's Great Again!
  • WarEnsembleWarEnsemble Member UncommonPosts: 252
    edited January 2019
    Everquest 1 emu. Whether you want 100% classic, 100% custom, or somewhere between, EQEMU has you covered. Bonus points that it is still the best mmo ever made.
    kjempffPink_Candy
  • hallucigenocidehallucigenocide Member RarePosts: 1,015
    stay away from the internet(social hubs) and online gaming in general.
    and seek professional help if really depressed.

gaming isn't fun when you know everything before you even started.
    Kyleran

I had fun once, it was terrible.

• k61977k61977 Member EpicPosts: 1,503
    Do you enjoy shooters at all?  Recently jumped back into Destiny 2 myself.  It has a new stand alone expansion coming Oct 1, but everything carries over.   Think it will also be going the F2P route can't remember.  Since the devs have gotten their rights back to the game they seem to be really trying to do things with it now. 

If not that one you could give one of the other shooters a try like Division 2. 

• Tgiordano92Tgiordano92 Member UncommonPosts: 168
    Not out yet, but if you are in to Pokemon games, Temtem is an MMO with similar features coming out. One thing I am looking forward to at the moment.
  • Pink_CandyPink_Candy Member UncommonPosts: 17
    EQ1 or EQ2...both great and quite different from each other. 
    I am not a "gamer girl". I am a gamer. I play video games.
    I don't take slutty pictures while holding a controller

• NanfoodleNanfoodle Member LegendaryPosts: 10,617
    ESO Elsweyr content is a great story. You can play it right at level 1 and it's on sale right now. Summerset DLC is also allot of fun. It's really worth taking some time to play. It's not the same game that launched 5 years ago. Best 6 months of MMOing I have had in a long time. 
  • AlbatroesAlbatroes Member LegendaryPosts: 7,671
    DMKano said:

gaming isn't fun when you know everything before you even started.

Tell this to the WoW classic playerbase 

Lol this statement is much funnier now that AV has been added to classic.
  • Octagon7711Octagon7711 Member LegendaryPosts: 9,000
    SWG Legends, they did a good job, imo.

"We all do the best we can based on life experience, point of view, and our ability to believe in ourselves." - Naropa      "We don't see things as they are, we see them as we are."  SR Covey

• Astro6Astro6 Member UncommonPosts: 247
    Try Phantasy Star Online 2 it will keep you busy and best off all it is free i have 2000 hours into the game there is just sooo much to do it is a real gem.

• tremmortremmor Member UncommonPosts: 80
    Astro6 said:
    Try Phantasy Star Online 2 it will keep you busy and best off all it is free i have 2000 hours into the game there is just sooo much to do it is a real gem.

But its anime so... yuck!
    [Deleted User]
  • KrumkoKrumko Member UncommonPosts: 12
    I don't know if anyone mentioned it but Bless Unleashed has been the only mmo to really keep me engaged in years. Ignore the former Bless Online hate and give it a solid try. I've put over 60 hours in over the past 2 weeks and the combat and open world with plenty to do have kept me busy. As far as the cash shop there is nothing that gives advantages and the world pvp isn't really forced from what I've experienced.