Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Final Fantasy XIV's Lodestone Peeks at the Blue Mage - MMORPG.com

SBFordSBFord Former Associate EditorMember LegendaryPosts: 33,129
edited January 2019 in News & Features Discussion

imageFinal Fantasy XIV's Lodestone Peeks at the Blue Mage - MMORPG.com

Tomorrow's a huge day for Final Fantasy XIV players as the Blue Mage finally arrives. In order to provide fans with a bit of a preview of the awesomeness that is the Blue Mage, the Lodestone has been updated with a brand new developer diary showcasing some of the spells Blue Mages will have access to as well as a peek at the Masked Carnivale duty that will be "exclusive to blue mages".

Read the full story here

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 

Comments

• Viper482Viper482 Member LegendaryPosts: 4,064
    I look at this screenshot and think to myself....I just don't get it.
    Tuor7[Deleted User]EponyxDamorMensur
    Make MMORPG's Great Again!
  • cheyanecheyane Member LegendaryPosts: 9,100
    Viper482 said:
    I look at this screenshot and think to myself....I just don't get it.
    Pity.
    [Deleted User]killerqueerBeezerbeezTenohira
    Chamber of Chains
  • Tuor7Tuor7 Member RarePosts: 982
    However much I try, I can't get passed the hokey way FFXIV does things. It's a shame, because there are many things I like about it, but the lame parts overwhelm the good for me. Even so, I'm glad it seems to be doing well, even if it's not for me.
  • cheyanecheyane Member LegendaryPosts: 9,100
    Arterius said:
    So I know this is a limited class now but when Shadowbringers arrives this summer will this become a standard class that you can bring on dungeons and raids. If not than what is the point of this class?
    Don't you sub the abilities one job and the other. Wouldn't this job's skills be useful to other jobs as a sub.
    Chamber of Chains
  • WhiteLanternWhiteLantern Member RarePosts: 3,309
    Always liked the concept of the FF blue mage. Mimic.

I want a mmorpg where people have gone through misery, have gone through school stuff and actually have had sex even. -sagil

• ScellowScellow Member RarePosts: 398
    i hate that art style, doesn't look like a FF game to me
  • DragnelusDragnelus Member EpicPosts: 3,503
    They can still join duties in pre-made parties. Just not the "LFG finder"

Just spamm BLUE MAGE looking for a party, or look at the party finder for groups.

https://ffxiv.consolegameswiki.com/wiki/Blue_Mage

• AkulasAkulas Member RarePosts: 3,006
    I thought it was out a week ago for some reason. Oh well. yay for FFXIV Blue mages then.

This isn't a signature, you just think it is.

• jj7009jj7009 Member UncommonPosts: 223

Arterius said:

cheyane said:

Arterius said:

So I know this is a limited class now but when Shadowbringers arrives this summer will this become a standard class that you can bring on dungeons and raids. If not than what is the point of this class?

Don't you sub the abilities one job and the other. Wouldn't this job's skills be useful to other jobs as a sub.

What? Haha. I must be a numb skull because I don't understand that. I main two classes in FFXIV and that is Paladin and Astro. I don't like long wait time for dungeon and raid pops so I can't play as a DPS. The wait is just to long. I get impatient. So I probably won't play as a blue mage in the first place.

I just don't see the point of lvling up a blue mage when all there is to do is gain new abilities and go through one dungeon. Sure you can group with friends and guild mates to run through already existent dungeons but I am guessing if your lvling up a blue mage you have done those dungeons a thousand times already. 

I just don't get the appeal of a limited class or what it brings to the table if it doesn't become a standard class during the next expansion.

You can go through any dungeon. They literally said it just can't do roulettes. It has it's own content and can used for anything but pvp and dailies.
  • EponyxDamorEponyxDamor Member RarePosts: 749
    Dragnelus said:

Just spamm BLUE MAGE looking for a party, or look at the party finder for groups.

Aaaaaand only for content that is <= to their level, which at launch will be level 50. Not many people I know that run sub-70 content (at the intended level) and even fewer who do so without it being a pre-made group.

To be honest, I just don't see the point in BLU other than delivering on previous promises and easter egg's alluding to the class. On paper, yes, SE will have delivered BLU; however, in reality it won't be a class usable in any meaningful manner. Rather, it will likely be relegated to novelty use and niche purposes.
  • DragnelusDragnelus Member EpicPosts: 3,503
    Dragnelus said:

Aaaaaand only for content that is <= to their level, which at launch will be level 50. Not many people I know that run sub-70 content (at the intended level) and even fewer who do so without it being a pre-made group.

To be honest, I just don't see the point in BLU other than delivering on previous promises and easter egg's alluding to the class. On paper, yes, SE will have delivered BLU; however, in reality it won't be a class usable in any meaningful manner. Rather, it will likely be relegated to novelty use and niche purposes.
    Yeh, but still I think I will have fun with it. It got its own dungeonkind of yhing

• kitaradkitarad Member LegendaryPosts: 7,910
    I think many people play a class because it is unique or will offer an experience they cannot get from another. It is not always about it being viable as job like some of the others or being incomplete should deter others from playing it. Many find challenges in the most interesting places and end up proving how to use a set of skills uniquely. I wish more games would do this instead of offering the bland choices they usually do.

• Rastan1Rastan1 Member UncommonPosts: 74
    Strange design decisions. Call me when they actually release Blue Mage and not a strange shell of a class.