Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Star Citizen: Around the Verse - Yo! ATV Maps | 3.4.01

SystemSystem Member UncommonPosts: 12,599
edited January 2019 in Videos Discussion

imageStar Citizen: Around the Verse - Yo! ATV Maps | 3.4.01

The Star Citizen team is back with the latest episode of Around the Verse. This time, "Holy Foley! The wild world of practical sound fx, a new flight system update, procedural layout tools, and a full-on map attack" are the central themes of the vlog. Check it out and let us know what you think!

Read the full story here

Comments

• renstarensta Member RarePosts: 728
    Wow, sound fx! Will they sell special engine sound packs now?
    KooturDragula21gastovski1MawneeXarkoRhime

Basically clicking away text windows ruins every MMO, try to have fun instead of rushing things. Without story and lore all there is left is a bunch of mechanics.
    Add Multi-Quote

• SupaMutantSupaMutant Member UncommonPosts: 136
    Meanwhile, release date: Never
    KooturWalkinGlennThaharDragula21gastovski1NextrixXarkocheyaneRhime
    5|_|©|< /\/\¥ |)!©|< /\/\!|<3|3
  • KooturKootur Member UncommonPosts: 352
    We'll all be old enough to collect social security by the time this game is released.
    cheyane
  • SupaMutantSupaMutant Member UncommonPosts: 136

Kootur said:

We'll all be old enough to collect social security by the time this game is released.

Only if you give them your social security money.
    5|_|©|< /\/\¥ |)!©|< /\/\!|<3|3
  • summerstringssummerstrings Member UncommonPosts: 76

Kootur said:

lol sadly in my case that could well be true , that is if it doesn't release for another 6 years .
  • boris20boris20 Member RarePosts: 404

Kootur said:

IF social security is ever around in 20 years. 
    NorseGod
  • KooturKootur Member UncommonPosts: 352
    edited January 2019

boris20 said:

Kootur said:

IF social security is ever around in 20 years. 

It will be around most likely, they might however say "oh, you already get too much from your 401k so you don't need SS"
    etlar
  • VaselVasel Member UncommonPosts: 226
    Video game hype only works if there is release date that is somewhat tangible to the person they are targeting. If most (including myself MMH club owner here) cant see a release date the hype is just noise.
    MadFrenchie
  • DrunkWolfDrunkWolf Member RarePosts: 1,701
    Im going to laugh when this game turns into a 100 ship battle royale game.
    KlikaeNorseGod
  • VaselVasel Member UncommonPosts: 226

DrunkWolf said:

Im going to laugh when this game turns into a 100 ship battle royale game.

I would not be suprised. LOL
    Klikae
  • JoeBloberJoeBlober Member RarePosts: 586

Meanwhile... Roadmap giving Beta in Q2 2020 . In a year and half... not never. The scam prophecy provided by few haters is just low educated individual shooting nonsense :)
    NordicApache
  • ErillionErillion Member EpicPosts: 10,297
    Meanwhile:

We Alpha testers are having fun and the performance has been improved significantly (you do not have to believe me, you can read it in the articles of gaming journalists too).

There are regular free fly weekends - so everyone who wants can check it out. And does not have to pay anything.

Have fun
  • rodarinrodarin Member EpicPosts: 2,611
    JoeBlober said:

Meanwhile... Roadmap giving Beta in Q2 2020 . In a year and half... not never. The scam prophecy provided by few haters is just low educated individual shooting nonsense :)
    Only if people keep sending them money. Every one of their 'roadmaps' or 'schedules' should contain a HUGE asterisk and have the estimated money they need to have given to them to complete them. Because if the donations are zero nothing new gets finished.

I suspect some 'breaking' news at some point shortly about lay offs and 'non essential' people being let go. The 'haters' will have a field day and the white knights will come up with every canned excuse that ever other fanboy comes up with when their favorite company(s) start laying people off.

This whole charade is hanging by a thread, just like it has been since they started. But its really desperate now.
    >>>
    Because if the donations are zero nothing new gets finished.
    >>>

This has been predicted for so long now and was never true. With this dedicated fanbase it is also highly unlikely. This is supported both by factual evidence
    and anecdotal evidence (most of the backers i know would add additional pledge money if necessary to see Star Citizen finished).

>>>
    I suspect some 'breaking' news at some point shortly about lay offs and 'non essential' people being let go.
    >>>

This is one of these doomsday arguments that never get old ;-)

EVERYONE - including the fans - expect some form of team size reduction at some point. Because the tasks of these people will have been finished after the main game development is coming to an end. Especially in the art departement.

Those "breaking news" would be anything but. These adjustments of team size during the development of a game are industry standard.

It was more surprising that CIG is HIRING (100 positions were looking to be filled at the end of 2018) instead of reducing their team size of about 500 people.

>>>
    This whole charade is hanging by a thread,
    >>>

The "thread" is so "thin" that new investors put a value of almost half a billion bucks to the Star Citizen development and were willing to pay 10 % of that  (almost 50 million dollar) to be part of it. The investor is a billionaire who is known for having a keen business sense and a vast network of contacts. So in contrast to some forum warriors other people with enough money do trust the Star Citizen project enough (after a due diligence study i guess) to invest dozens of millions of bucks. In addition to 213+ million dollars from crowdfunding backers.

Have fun

LMAO the rhetoric and nonsense never gets old with you thats for sure. That whole bail out err loan was a joke and anyone with a brain knows it. Just exactly what do they have thats worth 50 million let alone 500 million? Theyre not worth what the guy gave the FFS.

But it just adds another comical chapter to this farce.

SQ 42 is the only commodity they have and if it ever gets released might make them some of what they have pissed away. And probably enough to keep the SC 'universe' dream alive for a few more years. BUt I highly doubt they spend any of their own money and will continue to seek saps to fund that portion.

Thats going to be the best part. seeing how they handle some actual money from something 'worthy' of selling and how they use that money. I am sure Roberts will be there claiming...'I'm not buying a yacht'
  • ArglebargleArglebargle Member EpicPosts: 3,396
    Thing is, they tied much of the development of sq42 to elements of SC.  Roadblocking sq42.  And probably while not paying enough attention to changes in the big game rendering previous work on sq42 less than useful.   Roberts got caught up in chasing the new shiny toy.   Squirrel!

When they deliver sq42, it's condition will be a hard grounding on the possibilites of  SC.  And once the 'sell your dreams' hits reality, it can be a hard landing.  Some folks might even stop tithing to CIG!

This investor gave them money enough for a year's development.  Prior to that the finances looked very poor for making it out of the first quarter of this year.   Funny how the very 'transparent' game developer, who wanted to throw off the yoke of the publisher, hid that for many months.

Anyway, always grade Star Citizen's claims on what it can actually deliver now, not on their pie in the sky proclamations.

If you are holding out for the perfect game, the only game you play will be the waiting one.

• NorseGodNorseGod Member EpicPosts: 2,654
    Erillion said:
    Meanwhile:

...you do not have to believe me, you can read it in the articles of gaming journalists too
    We've already explained this to you.

Gaming "journalists" that want access to the studio, are bias with their softball articles or they will be sanctioned/blacklisted by that studio.

Articles->Content->Website Traffic->Advertisers->$$$

This is not new. Not sure why you keep going back to that old bag.
    To talk about games without the censorship, check out https://www.reddit.com/r/MMORPG/
  • FlyByKnightFlyByKnight Member EpicPosts: 3,967
    I could make a couple of phone calls and have YO! MTV Raps back on the air before Star Citizen releases as advertised.  :D
    [Deleted User]
    "As far as the forum code of conduct, I would think it's a bit outdated and in need of a refre *CLOSED*" 

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

NorseGod said:
    Erillion said:
    Meanwhile:

...you do not have to believe me, you can read it in the articles of gaming journalists too
    We've already explained this to you.

Gaming "journalists" that want access to the studio, are bias with their softball articles or they will be sanctioned/blacklisted by that studio.

This is not new. Not sure why you keep going back to that old bag.

You could try to READ those articles first.  It helps ;-)

These journalists do not want access to the studio. Many did not ask for an interview. Some just checked out the free (Alpha) demo.

There goes your argument.

To the contrary ... someone with a clickbait Anti-SC headline would get more website traffic. Lo and behold .... journalists STILL write balanced SC articles, NOT using clickbait titles.

There goes your argument ... AGAIN.

Not sure why you keep going back to faulty logic.

Have fun

rodarin said:
    LMAO the rhetoric and nonsense never gets old with you thats for sure. That whole bail out err loan was a joke and anyone with a brain knows it. Just exactly what do they have thats worth 50 million let alone 500 million? Theyre not worth what the guy gave the FFS.

SQ 42 is the only commodity they have and if it ever gets released might make them some of what they have pissed away. And probably enough to keep the SC 'universe' dream alive for a few more years. BUt I highly doubt they spend any of their own money and will continue to seek saps to fund that portion.

Thats going to be the best part. seeing how they handle some actual money from something 'worthy' of selling and how they use that money. I am sure Roberts will be there claiming...'I'm not buying a yacht'

>>>>
    Just exactly what do they have thats worth 50 million let alone 500 million?
    >>>>

Well, you COULD ask the professional that put that price tag on Star Citizen .... the guy that is good enough in these things that he became a billionaire. And gave around 50 M$ to CIG based on his assessment. He has a homepage and an address to write to. Go ahead. Do it.

Lemme see ....  who is more experienced in these kind of things ...  Clive Calder . ... or  "rodarin".  Hmm ... tough call ... i personally think.... Clive Calder.

Have fun
  • ArglebargleArglebargle Member EpicPosts: 3,396
    Erillion said:
    rodarin said:

>>>>
    >>>>

Well, you COULD ask the professional that put that price tag on Star Citizen .... the guy that is good enough in these things that he became a billionaire. And gave around 50 M$ to CIG based on his assessment. He has a homepage and an address to write to. Go ahead. Do it.

Lemme see ....  who is more experienced in these kind of things ...  Clive Calder . ... or  "rodarin".  Hmm ... tough call ... i personally think.... Clive Calder.

Have fun
    And  Bernie Madoff knows more about Wall Street finance than me....

Your comment is technically the debate trick of 'appeal to authority', right?

Without seeing the contractual terms, we have no idea what Calder's investment entails.  Other than enough money to finance Star Citizen for another year:  Something Roberts apparently couldn't do, due to overspending.  And his usual poor management.

Hopefully it gives him a wedge into the company, and the chance for an eventual takeover/sale.  

No amount of video chest thumpin' affects this.

Actually, I like the sound design aspects of SC things presented here.  Pretty cool in a  technical audio way.

If you are holding out for the perfect game, the only game you play will be the waiting one.

Erillion said:
    rodarin said:

>>>>
    >>>>

Have fun
    What 'professional'?

I havent seen anything pop up by anyone anywhere willing to even venture a guess as to what CiG or the SC IP is 'worth'. Probably because anyone with any financial credibility doesnt want tehir name attached to this trainwreck.

Roberts reportedly (self reportedly even) 10% of his stake ( I guess it was his none of the self promoted articles ever said exactly whose shares they were) and since they got 46 million they simply multiplied 46 x 10 to get 460 million. Yeah awesome way to value a company I guess.

Like I said the IP is maybe worth something, but really who couldnt make the same exact assets (since most are still placeholder) and call it something else? He surely hasnt created any groundbreaking anything despite what people want to claim. In fact he doesnt even utilize the core aspects of any and every MMO ever created.

They have a broken foundation and have plugged in a few things to it that some other game has already done (better) and are calling THAT 'star citizen'. Thats why no one actually PLAYS it.

If there are really 2 million 'citizens' and people are (still) sending these guys a few million a month and what already exists is so awesome and so appealing why arent more people playing it? Even with the last update (where they paid a few streamers to try and showcase it) the populations didnt appear to go up at all. "Games" that sell 2 million copies no matter how old they are will have more than a hundred or so people playing them at any give time.

Like I have said over and over and over again all the claims and numbers and assertions made by the fanboys are in no way shape or form backed up by what people can see with their own two eyes.

This last 'epiphany'  with the loan also basically proved (as well as all the articles that came out showing how little money they had) that they were in fact nearly broke and on fumes. And even though the 'haters' have been saying that for months and years there was less 'proof' of that (until recently) than there is pertaining to the lack of playerbase on the test servers.

But now we actually have some disclosure and 'openness' from 'the most open development ever', and it has confirmed everything the critics have said about this disaster. And trust me if they admit to what they admitted to its actually going to be much worse than that in reality.

There isnt anyone anywhere with an uninfected (for lack of a better word) opinion of this project who wouldnt say that at the very best the whole thing is precariously positioned right now, and probably less than a coin flip chance of ever getting completed to even a skeletal version of what has been promised. I in my 'infected', as in being literate and having a couple brain cells, opinion would say that half the stuff they have actually taken money for wont make it into whatever they want to call a 'finished' product. That whole MVP post was their initial safety net I imagine when they made that they were expecting to have to eject very soon. But something must have happened (as in some undisclosed bail out back then to help them keep the lights on) to let them sort of forget that whole statement. But now that we know how little they have (money and released 'content') and how far they have to go it brings that all back.

They basically bought themselves a year, two if they can keep the funds rolling. They faces criticism for the 'roadmap' that puts everything out two years. But thats the thing with long con scams the longer you can keep them going the more money you can potentially get.

So they get two years, whatever donations they can get in those two years, and they still arent obligated to actually release anything. There may not even be anything in place to force them to ever pay the 'investor' back. Thats why i say this whole thing is pretty shady. I only commented on the "theyre actually still trying to make a game'' aspect of the loan. I have never commented on the 'this might just be another aspect of a long con' (which is actually more plausible) because I am willing to see where this goes. But since they arent going to 'publicly' show any progress they have with SQ 42 which is the apparent focus and target of the loan then people still have to take all that on faith. Which is as LOL as it gets with these guys.
  • NorseGodNorseGod Member EpicPosts: 2,654
    Erillion said:

NorseGod said:
    Erillion said:

That's not how this works. This isn't even up for debate. It's fact.
    To talk about games without the censorship, check out https://www.reddit.com/r/MMORPG/
    edited January 2019
    NorseGod said:
    Erillion said:

NorseGod said:
    Erillion said:

That's not how this works. This isn't even up for debate. It's fact.
    What you call a fact i call faulty logic.

Clickbait titled anti-SC articles tend to generate more clicks - that is why they are called clickbait. By your logic that would mean more revenue via ads for the websites.

But STILL many journalists write unbiased articles about Star Citizen. Without clickbait titles. Not too many clicks = not too many advertisers. Clearly NOT having in mind too that CIG will somehow pay them for that. Especially when CIG is not paying for ads either on gaming websites at all at the moment (and in the past years).

So there goes your argument:
    >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

Yours is an opinion based on faulty initial conditions. An equation based on faulty initial conditions yields the wrong result.

This :  >>> Articles->Content->Website Traffic->Advertisers->$$$ >>>  is a FACT. And not specific to Star Citizen. You just use it out of context.

THIS :  >>> Gaming "journalists" that want access to the studio, are bias with their softball articles or they will be sanctioned/blacklisted by that studio. >>> is your personal opinion and an assumption based on faulty logic.

Have fun

>>>
    But since they arent going to 'publicly' show any progress they have with SQ 42 which is the apparent focus and target of the loan then people still have to take all that on faith. Which is as LOL as it gets with these guys.
    >>>

You keep ignoring both the SQ42 progress reports they have on their websites and the one hour vertical slide they showed. 

You ignore the SQ42 topics they have in their "Jump Point" magazine.

You ignore their SQ42 teaser trailers.

You ignore the technical progress reports shown in weekly video blogs.

Just because you keep repeating like a mantra that CIG is not showing any progress does not make it a fact. Especially not when the evidence listed above contradicts your point of view.

But as we have established in the past .... facts are not your forte.

Have fun