Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

If you don't play World of Warcraft, then what in the hell are you playing?

Comments

• UngoodUngood Member LegendaryPosts: 7,532
    I have never played WoW, and can't say I have any desire to, nothing against the franchise or the company, I loved Warcraft and Starcraft. But, I was rocking EQ hard when WoW launched, I finally quit EQ in 2006, and after playing a few MMO's like DaoC, and CoH, I just dropped out of playing them until I heard about Dungeons and Dragons Online, which was super fun to an Old School player like me, and they went and fucked that game up for reasons I will never understand, so I quit that, then played GW2 for a while.. and they screwed that up as well. So I moved on MOBA's as in my Signature.

Nothing quite like killing someone up close and personal.. with a chainsword.. and shoving that bolter right up their ass.
    Egotism is the anesthetic that dullens the pain of stupidity, this is why when I try to beat my head against the stupidity of other people, I only hurt myself.

• Agent_JosephAgent_Joseph Member UncommonPosts: 1,361
    currently playing Star Trek Online 
    Phaserlight
  • cheyanecheyane Member LegendaryPosts: 9,101
    Playing Fallen Earth and loving it. Damn I should have played years ago. It's a very good game.
    lahnmird_20Phaserlight
    Chamber of Chains
  • KyleranKyleran Member LegendaryPosts: 43,505
    prizm1234 said:
    why would anyone HAVE to play anything?
    We are gamers....its just what we do.

;)
    AeolynPhryd_20ConstantineMerusMrMelGibsonkryntokYashaX

"True friends stab you in the front." | Oscar Wilde 

"I need to finish" - Christian Wolff: The Accountant

Just trying to live long enough to play a new, released MMORPG, playing New Worlds atm

Fools find no pleasure in understanding but delight in airing their own opinions. Pvbs 18:2, NIV

Don't just play games, inhabit virtual worlds™

"This is the most intelligent, well qualified and articulate response to a post I have ever seen on these forums. It's a shame most people here won't have the attention span to read past the second line." - Anon

• delete5230delete5230 Member EpicPosts: 7,081
    Wicasa said:
    I have a GTX 1070, VR, GTA V, ESO, FF XIV, played Red Dead and so on... I still play WoW more than any other game!
    It wouldn't be so bad if you didn't put the what-the hell part.  Very touchy crew here, believe me I know. 

To really answer your question:
    Some are happy with the few quality games we have now, many are waiting for a miracle to happen someday. 

Very few "here" play World of Warcraft. I understand it STILL has a following, but not many here. I think because most "here" have been playing mmorpg's since the beginning of time.  They view it as 
    -Old and burned out. 
    -Easy and watered down from what it once was. 
    -Old school, and never liked it.
    -Blizzard has a big ego, with still charging $15 a month.

Pick one or several reasons..... It's just a bad word in these parts. 
    Again using The what-the-hell part is your downfall !
    d_20
  • AeolynAeolyn Member UncommonPosts: 350
    For me, WoW pretty much burned its last bridge when they not only made me respec all my characters(at least 80 or so last I checked and yes I'm an altoholic) for about the fifth time that I recall, but then they had to go and scale everything.... wtf, why make us level at all if everything is just going to keep pace with us?  Aren't the constant nerfs to skills and the talent trees enough?? 

There's a rule they seemed to have forgotten, add whatever you want(new zones with whatever restrictions and kinds of gameplay you want, ie the flying bs) but never take things away.   That just makes everyone angry. 

Heck, make a heroic server for those that want that kind of gameplay and let the average player that just wants to enjoy the story/journey/events play on the ordinary servers.  They can do separate rpg/pvp/pve servers and if they've now decided to add one for Vanilla they can certainly make a single heroic mode too...  

Let the players decide if they want the new "world" and if it appears it's none too popular, do something different in the next one until you score a winner.  Just don't take away the game they obviously have enjoyed or they may find those players looking in the rearview at them.  For a company/game with so many subscribers, you can't expect everyone to want or like the same changes.... and for a company that had put out a game that did appeal to such a large audience as to have become one of the most popular mmos ever, I didn't think they needed to hear this but apparently someone does....

As for what I'm playing... umm, I guess my main thing for the last couple of years is following all the twists and turns of the USA's political farce and occasionally a bit of AA.  Other than that, just the odd Switch rpg because I can't be bothered to dig out all my PS3 games let alone redownload all the games on this pc(that for some reason won't let me increase the partition on my C drive so have to put it all on my D).  :/

• hyllyhhyllyh Member UncommonPosts: 477
    MGTA, eve, gw2... cant put 15$ for few hours i can play in WoW
    played ff14 a lot but same, fees and game time dont match
  • PhryPhry Member LegendaryPosts: 11,004
    BDO, Eve Online and Path of Exile when i have the time, its not that i hate WoW, i just dislike the game it has become, if Blizzard is still around and Classic WoW returns then i will probably play it again, but with ActiBlizzs future now in doubt, who knows. :/
    Phaserlight
  • cheyanecheyane Member LegendaryPosts: 9,101
    Phry said:
    BDO, Eve Online and Path of Exile when i have the time, its not that i hate WoW, i just dislike the game it has become, if Blizzard is still around and Classic WoW returns then i will probably play it again, but with ActiBlizzs future now in doubt, who knows. :/
    You really think classic is in danger of not releasing ?
    Chamber of Chains
  • MargraveMargrave Member RarePosts: 1,362
    Elder Scrolls Online, Destiny 2, Pokemon Let's Go, Pokemon Go

I like no sub.
  • PhaserlightPhaserlight Member EpicPosts: 3,072
    Last played WoW in 2007.

Currently playing Vendetta Online.  Last night I had [#DIE], [FAMY], and the Strike Force chasing me and I lost them in an ion storm.

"The simple is the seal of the true and beauty is the splendor of truth" -Subrahmanyan Chandrasekhar
    Authored 139 missions in Vendetta Online and 6 tracks in Distance

• KyleranKyleran Member LegendaryPosts: 43,505
    cheyane said:
    Phry said:
    You really think classic is in danger of not releasing ?
    Interesting question really,  quite a bit of turmoil these days, not beyond the realm of possibility they could shift gears I suppose.

Then again, outside of the badly received Diablo mobile game how many other publically announced irons do they have in the fire?

I think they need to release Classic this year or they'll totally shred any remaining good will of their core WOW / PC customer base.
    cheyanelaseritPhrydelete5230MrMelGibson

"True friends stab you in the front." | Oscar Wilde 

"I need to finish" - Christian Wolff: The Accountant

Just trying to live long enough to play a new, released MMORPG, playing New Worlds atm

Fools find no pleasure in understanding but delight in airing their own opinions. Pvbs 18:2, NIV

Don't just play games, inhabit virtual worlds™

"This is the most intelligent, well qualified and articulate response to a post I have ever seen on these forums. It's a shame most people here won't have the attention span to read past the second line." - Anon

• AeanderAeander Member LegendaryPosts: 7,836
    Single player games mostly. Persona 5 and Xenoblade Chronicles 2 are taking up my time right now. I'll also hop onto GW2 for weekly raids and Warframe periodically.

Never cared for WoW. 
    Mikeha
  • samooryesordsamooryesord Member UncommonPosts: 98
    I just gave up on MMO all together this year. Sticking to single player and coop or multiplayer games.
    Aeander
  • TheocritusTheocritus Member LegendaryPosts: 9,754
    edited January 2019
    Last time I played WoW was at least 10 years ago, maybe more...Cant imagine how much I saved...Well that and switching to Geico!
    Cryomatrix
  • SovrathSovrath Member LegendaryPosts: 32,010
    edited January 2019
    Aeander said:
    Single player games mostly. Persona 5 and Xenoblade Chronicles 2 are taking up my time right now. I'll also hop onto GW2 for weekly raids and Warframe periodically.

Never cared for WoW. 
    That's me, mostly single player games.

Zelda, breath of the wild with my girlfriend (we take turns), Skyrim, Morrowind, started Dark Souls again, Lord of the Rings Online a bit here and there, Darkest Dungeon every night.

I've started some indy games but haven't had a lot of time.

Oh, I should add that I've been dabbling in Everquest.
    Post edited by Sovrath on
    YashaX
    Like Skyrim? Need more content? Try my Skyrim mod "Godfred's Tomb." 

Godfred's Tomb Trailer: https://youtu.be/-nsXGddj_4w

Original Skyrim: https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/109547

Try the "Special Edition." 'Cause it's "Special." https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/64878/?tab=description

Serph toze kindly has started a walk-through. https://youtu.be/UIelCK-lldo 
  • GeekyGeeky Member UncommonPosts: 446
    KSP...almost 200 hours in and I've finally orbited the Mun.
    PhaserlightTiller
  • KeushpuppyKeushpuppy Member UncommonPosts: 171
    ESO is all the game I need right now..
  • Panther2103Panther2103 Member EpicPosts: 5,768
    Honestly? I've been playing older MMO's for some reason. Right now I've been playing DAOC a lot as I had never really played it before and it's quite fun.

Also Hollow Knight. That game is a lot more fun than I thought it would be.
    NorseGod
  • AlverantAlverant Member RarePosts: 1,320
    Wicasa said:
    I have a GTX 1070, VR, GTA V, ESO, FF XIV, played Red Dead and so on... I still play WoW more than any other game!
    Well good for you. I'd rather play something fun.
  • PalebanePalebane Member RarePosts: 4,011
    edited January 2019
    Been playing single player games outside of an occasional jaunt in ESO. All my community service is done on forums and message boards now  ;)

Vault-Tec analysts have concluded that the odds of worldwide nuclear armaggeddon this decade are 17,143,762... to 1.

• SignexSignex Member UncommonPosts: 318
    FFXIV, i find it a much better game. Community is so much more mature and friendly. I can finally tank end game content without being yelled at or getting kicked by a simple mistake. :)

Tho i'll return for allied races, cause i've put so much time in rep grinding and don't want to feel like i wasted time doing so.
    AMD Ryzen 5800X3D - Gigabyte Aorus RTX 3080 10G Master - 16GB RAM
  • lahnmirlahnmir Member LegendaryPosts: 5,041
    LotRO
    MHW
    D3 on Switch
    Grim Dawn
    Smash Bros
    Octopath Traveller

And every now and then:

Crowfall
    Star Citizen

I really don’t have time to play WoW.

/Cheers,
    Lahnmir
    'the only way he could nail it any better is if he used a cross.'

Kyleran on yours sincerely 

'But there are many. You can play them entirely solo, and even offline. Also, you are wrong by default.'

Ikcin in response to yours sincerely debating whether or not single-player offline MMOs exist...

'This does not apply just to ED but SC or any other game. What they will get is Rebirth/X4, likely prettier but equally underwhelming and pointless. 

It is incredibly difficult to design some meaningfull leg content that would fit a space ship game - simply because it is not a leg game.

It is just huge resource waste....'

Gdemami absolutely not being an armchair developer

• kryntokkryntok Member UncommonPosts: 77
    Kyleran said:
    Years of downward spiral in MMOs has well acclimated me to playing inferior games so I spend most my time on Fallout 76 atm. :D

This weekend however the Phoenix rose, so I'm back in one of the lands I love most, Midgard. 

Hibernia For life!
    Celcius
  • kryntokkryntok Member UncommonPosts: 77
    EQ2 , Lotro and ESO.

Someone still plays EQ2! whoot