Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

I'm depressed!

jazz.bejazz.be Member UncommonPosts: 962
I haven't had it this bad for a while. I'm so F*. I don't know what to play. 
Right now I'm filling the time with Overwatch, Rocket League and occasional CS.
There is no MMORPG that is able to keep me busy right now.
I played most major MMORPG's out there.
WoW: not interested anymore, been playing this on and off since launch
BDO: Nope, played some but not interested
ESO: Not so much either
Guild Wars: Nope, have several lvl 80's but not interested
FFxiv: I might try it again
SWTOR: Nope, not interested
Played all of these games and many more at launch.

I don't think I can be surprised with some MMORPG I haven't heard of for some weird reason. I've been going through most articles and youtube videos on "most popular MMORPGs", "and new MMORPGs you can play right now", and "underrated MMORPGs".

I've been playing some Path of Exile. It's a beautiful game, deep character development. Really very nice, but a little bit too repetitive. I don't like the hack and slash too much.
But I'm very open to other gems like this one. Doesn't even need to be full blown MMO.
Otherwise I'm open for just some form of MMO I haven't considered yet. Even games like Atlas.

I'm also very interested in Early Access or BETA type of releases.

Comments

• KyleranKyleran Member LegendaryPosts: 43,435
    edited January 2019
    That's the secret,  fill your time with games from other genres, MMORPGs are pretty stale atm.

I've spent much of my time the past year and a half or so playing Fallout 4, FO 76 most recently, along with No Mans Sky, FO New Vegas, XCom 1, and a few other RPGs and an ARPG.

With the Phoenix rising this weekend I've returned to my roots,  and am playing a MMORPG again, but definitely a part time endeavour, too many other unplayed games in my Steam / GOG queues.

ConstantineMerusMrMelGibsonnycplayboy78PalebaneOctagon7711

"True friends stab you in the front." | Oscar Wilde 

"I need to finish" - Christian Wolff: The Accountant

Just trying to live long enough to play a new, released MMORPG, playing New Worlds atm

Fools find no pleasure in understanding but delight in airing their own opinions. Pvbs 18:2, NIV

Don't just play games, inhabit virtual worlds™

"This is the most intelligent, well qualified and articulate response to a post I have ever seen on these forums. It's a shame most people here won't have the attention span to read past the second line." - Anon

• HellscreamHellscream Member UncommonPosts: 98
    jazz.be said:
    I haven't had it this bad for a while. I'm so F*. I don't know what to play. 
    Right now I'm filling the time with Overwatch, Rocket League and occasional CS.
    There is no MMORPG that is able to keep me busy right now.
    I played most major MMORPG's out there.
    WoW: not interested anymore, been playing this on and off since launch
    BDO: Nope, played some but not interested
    ESO: Not so much either
    Guild Wars: Nope, have several lvl 80's but not interested
    FFxiv: I might try it again
    SWTOR: Nope, not interested
    Played all of these games and many more at launch.

I don't think I can be surprised with some MMORPG I haven't heard of for some weird reason. I've been going through most articles and youtube videos on "most popular MMORPGs", "and new MMORPGs you can play right now", and "underrated MMORPGs".

I've been playing some Path of Exile. It's a beautiful game, deep character development. Really very nice, but a little bit too repetitive. I don't like the hack and slash too much.
    But I'm very open to other gems like this one. Doesn't even need to be full blown MMO.
    Otherwise I'm open for just some form of MMO I haven't considered yet. Even games like Atlas.

Have you tried Tera i think you would like that its a fun game to play even if your not hardcore endgame type person and don't have much time to play. Fun to lvl in too imo
  • KyleranKyleran Member LegendaryPosts: 43,435
    How about Warframe, MMO lite and I'm told it's quite well done and F2P as well.

"True friends stab you in the front." | Oscar Wilde 

"I need to finish" - Christian Wolff: The Accountant

Just trying to live long enough to play a new, released MMORPG, playing New Worlds atm

Fools find no pleasure in understanding but delight in airing their own opinions. Pvbs 18:2, NIV

Don't just play games, inhabit virtual worlds™

"This is the most intelligent, well qualified and articulate response to a post I have ever seen on these forums. It's a shame most people here won't have the attention span to read past the second line." - Anon

• jazz.bejazz.be Member UncommonPosts: 962

Have you tried Tera i think you would like that its a fun game to play even if your not hardcore endgame type person and don't have much time to play. Fun to lvl in too imo
    Yeah I've played Tera, was a good game. Tried to get back into it a year or so ago but everything felt a bit flat. Action combat isn't so much my thing, but that's not the main reason why I got bored. Just didn't feel decent enough I guess. I feel like I better spend my time playng GW2 then.
    sumdumguy1
    Kyleran said:
    How about Warframe, MMO lite and I'm told it's quite well done and F2P as well.

Yeah, but no thanks. I knew Warframe would pop up, was thinking of adding it in my original post. :smile:
    You haven't tried it? Honestly I hated the idea before even trying, then I gave it an honest try, but really it's not my style.
  • PhaserlightPhaserlight Member EpicPosts: 3,071
    edited January 2019
    Try Distance.  It's an incredible game that released in 2018; if any game can cure depression, Distance is it.

If you want a MMO recommendation, see my signature.

"The simple is the seal of the true and beauty is the splendor of truth" -Subrahmanyan Chandrasekhar
    Authored 139 missions in Vendetta Online and 6 tracks in Distance

edited January 2019
    Kyleran said:
    That's the secret,  fill your time with games from other genres, MMORPGs are pretty stale atm.

I've spent much of my time the past year and a half or so playing Fallout 4, FO 76 most recently, along with No Mans Sky, FO New Vegas, XCom 1, and a few other RPGs and an ARPG.

With the Phoenix rising this weekend I've returned to my roots,  and am playing a MMORPG again, but definitely a part time endeavour, too many other unplayed games in my Steam / GOG queues.

Thinking of trying to get into Dota 2 again. Always gave up cause it felt like such a huge commitment.
    What's Phoenix Rising?
    Try Distance.  It's an incredible game that released in 2018; if any game can cure depression, Distance is it.

https://store.steampowered.com/app/233610/Distance/
    Racing game?
    DMKano said:
    jazz.be said:

indie devs be like:

Yeah I know, I hate it, but it's the truth. I'm willing to pay for an unfinished product as long as it looks good off course. But it's something I wouldn't have done early 2018 and before. It's that bad :smiley:
  • MikehaMikeha Member EpicPosts: 9,196
    What mmos have you enjoyed playing?
    MikeJezZ
    Mikeha said:
    Most new and decent MMO's over the years. Honeymoon is a powerful thing and I'm willing to go through some honeymoons until the new big ones releases.
    But WoW was the game I spend most time in. I like the classical style. Simple target combat and normal questing in a huge world. LOTRO was also something in that same style but it's visually not so appealing anymore, and not so active anymore?
    FFxiv was also good if it wasn't for the slow combat and perhaps the weird style, I'm not an FF fan (not a hater either). It's next on my list.
    jazz.be said:

Racing game?
    If I had to select a pair of descriptors from the constellation of available words, I'd call it a racing RPG.  Trust me, it's amazing.

"The simple is the seal of the true and beauty is the splendor of truth" -Subrahmanyan Chandrasekhar

• jonp200jonp200 Member UncommonPosts: 457
    While not a MMO, Grim Dawn is a ton of fun.  Would be worth a shot if you like titles like POE.
    Palebanekjempff

Seaspite
    Playing ESO on my X-Box

• AmatheAmathe Member LegendaryPosts: 7,630
    Sometimes it's fun to go back to a game you once enjoyed and start over as a new player.
    Phaserlight[Deleted User]Cuppett5Mikehakjempff

EQ1, EQ2, SWG, SWTOR, GW, GW2 CoH, CoV, FFXI, WoW, CO, War,TSW and a slew of free trials and beta tests

• Cuppett5Cuppett5 Member UncommonPosts: 156
    edited January 2019
    You should try Albion Online. It's only  $30 in the steam store. Open world PvP with full loot, good crafting system, freedom to run some dungeons, good ZvZ fights or smaller PvP content. No boring kill quests or run from place to place. There's no hand holding and a good chill MMO to do what you want. It is grindy but I dig the grind. Good luck! 
    jazz.be said:

Racing game?
    If I had to select a pair of descriptors from the constellation of available words, I'd call it a racing RPG.  Trust me, it's amazing.
    I watched some trailers and it makes me think of Trackmania Nations (or Stadium now) which I used to play, and sometimes still do. Just don't see the RPG element but but it doesn't need to have RPG elements, I'm in for some quick fun. I'll check out some videos. Thanks
    Phaserlight
  • MikehaMikeha Member EpicPosts: 9,196
    jazz.be said:
    Mikeha said:
    I like the classical style. Simple target combat and normal questing in a huge world. 

Have you tried Rift or Aion?
    jonp200 said:
    While not a MMO, Grim Dawn is a ton of fun.  Would be worth a shot if you like titles like POE.
    Not so much into hack and slash but I'll check it out, thanks. I'm kind of new to the ARPG genre. The idea that you run around the map and completely smash packs of mobs while walking around is kind of a downside for me.
    Cuppett5 said:
    You should try Albion Online. It's only  $30 in the steam store. Open world PvP with full loot, good crafting system, freedom to run some dungeons, good ZvZ fights or smaller PvP content. No boring kill quests or run from place to place. There's no hand holding and a good chill MMO to do what you want. It is grindy but I dig the grind. Good luck! 
    I'll check some videos/reviews, thanks. I wanted to check this out not so long ago.
    Cuppett5
    jazz.be said:
    jazz.be said:

Racing game?
    I watched some trailers and it makes me think of Trackmania Nations (or Stadium now) which I used to play, and sometimes still do. Just don't see the RPG element but but it doesn't need to have RPG elements, I'm in for some quick fun. I'll check out some videos. Thanks
    Certainly not in terms of classical RPG mechanics such as experience points or leveling up, but in terms of making me believe a fictional narrative through little bits of world building and gradually introducing new gameplay mechanics it gets a home run from me.

Glad you are checking it out, and I don't wish to talk it up too much.  It's best experienced by just playing.

• AlteiirAlteiir Member UncommonPosts: 33
    Have you tried playing survival games? I'm pretty much over any of the current mmos, but I still love the genre and hope it returns some day. Until then, I fill my time with playing survival games. I played Ark for the first time after ArcheAge started adding to much P2W on their shop. (I would no longer recommend Ark with the Tek stuff). In most of these you can build your own stuff and pvp with other players and if you're not into open world pvp, most of these games have PVE servers.

These are the two that I recommend the most at the moment.
    (Disclaimer, most survival games have poor/moderate server performance)
    Conan Exiles: 
    • Crafting Heavy
    • Some dungeon type areas
    • Rewarded for Exploring
    • Pvp feels good when you wipe someone
    • Base building
    Atlas: (rough launch, but its improving)
    • In development (more content coming)
    • Base/ship building
    • Land or Sea PvP
    • Forge Alliances
    • Trade with players for resources out of your bioms to craft better stuff
    • Claim land for yourself or guild
    • pvp scales up to 150 people per server

• CharliePurpleCharliePurple Member CommonPosts: 1
    ESO it's better than It look like. I tryed it in the release and left before reach 1 month. Now, 5 years later, I fell in love with it. You should understand it and give it a try patiently to discover all the goods. Pvp and pve it's funny, lore is incredible, all the posibilities to create a new build. I totally recommend it.

PD. I don't speak english properly, please, If you have something to correct, be polite :D
    sumdumguy1
  • kryntokkryntok Member UncommonPosts: 77
    Have you ever tried Darkfall? I haven't played the new version but I played it at launch for 2-3 years, and its my second best experience ever, SWG being #1
  • kryntokkryntok Member UncommonPosts: 77
    Also, as im very curious, will you let us know which game you eventually land on? I am in the exact same situation as you, I just got burned out on wow again, and have no interest in loading up the usual suspects yet.
  • cheyanecheyane Member LegendaryPosts: 9,067
    edited January 2019
    Try Fallen Earth, it's a crafter's dream.
    Scorchien
    Chamber of Chains