Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Too much PvP for me

13»

Comments

• cirdanecirdane Member UncommonPosts: 51
         Looking at the flagging table on their website I can already see the problem. under flagging effects it says that if pve flagged attacks another pve flagged player the attacker gets flagged not as corrupted but as pvp. If the attacked fights back or anyone helps him they get  a pvp flag as well and are free to be attacked. It took me about 30 seconds to figure out about 22 ways to grief PVE players with this. Any ability to attack someone who is not flagged for PVP in a non PVP zone is an invite to griefers it will never work. Griefing is the one part of old time MMOs they need to avoid.

I have hopes for this game but if folks(griefers are not PVPs Griefers are gankers looking to ruin the fun of other players) are allowed to grief PVE play then I'm not the player they are looking for . It would be an easy fix, if I'm in a pve zone and unflagged then I can't be attacked. then I can concentrate on doing what I want. If they could adopt this Idea I could probably become a supporter.
    Soybeancraftseekernatpick
  • AeliousAelious Member RarePosts: 3,521
    edited January 2019
    Granted, that was over a year ago. There is a lot of time between now and release. That chart looks great if you've already flagged yourself. I still believe they are more intelligent than going the non consensual PvP route. (Edit: By that I'm referring to PvE servers)

The current release schedule of other MMOs is almost non-existent to a title with this broad of reach. Turning away a large subset of players wouldn't be ideal and I'm not sure why any fan of the game, no matter what side of the fence you're on regarding PvP in MMOs, would disagree.
    Post edited by Aelious on
    cirdanetweedledumb99
  • yucklawyersyucklawyers Member UncommonPosts: 240
    RNG, PVP and CO-OPERATIVE PLAY: These days, all pseudonyms for not enough content, provide your own entertainment.

• SoybeanSoybean Member UncommonPosts: 111
    cirdane said:
         Looking at the flagging table on their website I can already see the problem. under flagging effects it says that if pve flagged attacks another pve flagged player the attacker gets flagged not as corrupted but as pvp. If the attacked fights back or anyone helps him they get  a pvp flag as well and are free to be attacked. It took me about 30 seconds to figure out about 22 ways to grief PVE players with this. Any ability to attack someone who is not flagged for PVP in a non PVP zone is an invite to griefers it will never work. Griefing is the one part of old time MMOs they need to avoid.

I have hopes for this game but if folks(griefers are not PVPs Griefers are gankers looking to ruin the fun of other players) are allowed to grief PVE play then I'm not the player they are looking for . It would be an easy fix, if I'm in a pve zone and unflagged then I can't be attacked. then I can concentrate on doing what I want. If they could adopt this Idea I could probably become a supporter.
    From the website:

If a GREEN Non-Combatant player attacks a GREEN Non-Combatant player - the attacker will become a PURPLE Combatant.
    1. If the player being attacked does nothing they will remain  GREEN
    2. If the player being attacked retaliates they will also become PURPLE.

lol this looks like it is going to be a gank box game
  • TiamatRoarTiamatRoar Member RarePosts: 1,685
    edited January 2019
    Well, it's fun to discuss hypotheticals, I suppose.  In reality, the game's probably gonna be a PvP Battle Royale with 0 PvE now (if you believe they'll make the MMO later, Chris has a spaceship to sell you).  Yeesh.