Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

The Division 2 for PC 'Is Not a Console Port' According to Devs - MMORPG.com

2»

Comments

• rojoArcueidrojoArcueid Member EpicPosts: 10,722
    edited January 2019
    goboygo said:
    The PC version of The Division felt like it was built from the ground up for pc players which is one of the reasons I like it so much.
    Say what?  I felt the total opposite.  It was made for console and played like a console game on PC.   Pretty much every basic PC option was missing in the settings day one.  Not sure how you came to this conclusion.
    what options exactly? i have both versions PC and PS4 and the PC version settings is packed with options. Console versions usually only have brightness under graphics settings and no remap buttons.

EDIT: but i do believe The Division 1 was indeed a console port. No matter what Ubi says they always do ports which is lame.

• MadFrenchieMadFrenchie Member LegendaryPosts: 8,505
    Sovrath said:
    Solancer said:

Lastly, its always the useless ppl up top that ruin everything for everyone else, name one nice/good/noble executives? None on my list, however, we live in a world they are on top and will remain there to ruin ppl's lives.
    While there are certainly "bad" people on top there are equally bad people on the bottom.

Those people who are just getting by and waiting until the clock strikes 5 and "quittin' time"

I've worked for some horrendous people on top. I've also worked for some amazing people on top.

And guess what? They have a job to do. And that job, the one they are hired to do (unless it's their own company) is to keep the company running and to keep it profitable.

I've not come across too many who weren't always working, who essentially made the company their lives. They get top buck and they have to answer for every little thing.

Sometimes gaming forums feel like kids telling their parents "I hate you! And I'm never going to be you when I grow up" only to then "grow up" and realize their parents were just doing their best and essentially had a job to do.
    Well, research does suggest psychopathy occurs at an unusually high rate among business leaders:

https://www.forbes.com/sites/victorlipman/2013/04/25/the-disturbing-link-between-psychopathy-and-leadership/#3b08f3d44104

Makes logical sense in some ways, too, in terms of jockeying for promotions to the top:

"Several abilities – skills, actually – make it difficult to see psychopaths for who they are. First, they are motivated to, and have a talent for, ‘reading people’ and for sizing them up quickly. They identify a person’s likes and dislikes, motives, needs, weak spots, and vulnerabilities… Second, many psychopaths come across as having excellent oral communication skills. In many cases, these skills are more apparent than real because of their readiness to jump right into a conversation without the social inhibitions that hamper most people… Third, they are masters of impression management; their insight into the psyche of others combined with a superficial – but convincing – verbal fluency allows them to change their situation skillfully as it suits the situation and their game plan."