Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Dark & Light Devs to Reduce Official Servers from 344 to 100 - MMORPG.com

SBFordSBFord Former Associate EditorMember LegendaryPosts: 33,129
edited January 2019 in News & Features Discussion

imageDark & Light Devs to Reduce Official Servers from 344 to 100 - MMORPG.com

The Dark & Light Steam page has been updated to inform the community that servers will be consolidated from 344 official servers to 100 when the consolidation process is complete. The merging process will be completed in two phases. The first round will take place near the end of January to close completely inactive servers. The other will take place in February to consolidate low-population servers so "each server has a healthy population".

Read the full story here

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 

Comments

• zaberfangxzaberfangx Member UncommonPosts: 1,796
    edited January 2019
    Just remember Snail Games that put together this game with the Ark base format owns Studio Wildcard that made Ark with a off set Studio that Made Atlas. I am not to surprise if things gets worst for this game before caning it then starting up something new to get easy money.
  • BlueThunderBearBlueThunderBear Member RarePosts: 228
    Oh cool, the worst one of Snails three identical games is on the verge of shutting down. Who could ever have forseen this? However will we get by with just Ark and Atlas?
    AlmostLancelot[Deleted User]NordicApache
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • SlyLoKSlyLoK Member RarePosts: 2,698
    Could have been a great fantasy version survival game.
    TokkenHatefullsamooryesordNordicApachegastovski1
  • AlbatroesAlbatroes Member LegendaryPosts: 7,671
    To be honest, I forgot this game was still around. Looks like I wasn't alone.
    anemoKooturwingoodcheyaneXarkoNordicApachegastovski1FacelessSavior
  • BionicFoxBionicFox Member UncommonPosts: 9
    I had one of the best survival game experiences playing Dark and Light, I hope the devs and publisher don't give up on it and actually fix all the issues and complete the game, one can dream.
    Octagon7711NordicApache
  • gervaise1gervaise1 Member EpicPosts: 6,919
    As far as I can tell a single server can hold up to 100 people - so capacity is reducing from 344,000 down to 100,000. And whilst 100k is not mega-millions its still a big number.

Anyone know though though whether DnL has anything anything approaching that number? Or have servers felt dead since day 2 etc. and this is just a much needed consolidation?
  • AlbatroesAlbatroes Member LegendaryPosts: 7,671
    gervaise1 said:
    As far as I can tell a single server can hold up to 100 people - so capacity is reducing from 344,000 down to 100,000. And whilst 100k is not mega-millions its still a big number.

Anyone know though though whether DnL has anything anything approaching that number? Or have servers felt dead since day 2 etc. and this is just a much needed consolidation?
    cut a 0 from your numbers.....
    ConstantineMerusKyleranVrikaMyrdynnLokero
  • kinkyJalepenokinkyJalepeno Member UncommonPosts: 1,044

Just remember Snail Games that put together this game with the Ark base format owns Studio Wildcard that made Ark with a off set Studio that Made Atlas. I am not to surprise if things gets worst for this game before caning it then starting up something new to get easy money.

How many lashes is it going to get?
  • cheyanecheyane Member LegendaryPosts: 9,100
    This was the game that when they tried to promote it showed very little of the combat. It was very elusive the combat videos.
    Lokero
    Chamber of Chains
  • LokeroLokero Member RarePosts: 1,514
    SlyLoK said:
    Could have been a great fantasy version survival game.
    Albatroes said:
    To be honest, I forgot this game was still around. Looks like I wasn't alone.
    Yeah, man, everyone should forget this garbage exists.  Forget that survival mess. 

Let's go back 15 years to the game that actually got people interested in it.  That could have been a great fantasy game.
  • StryckerStrycker Member UncommonPosts: 110
    Conan Exiles is still one of the only games of this type I really enjoyed, especially on a territory-conquest private server (Elysium). You couldn't raid without war declarations with a 1 hour notice and they broke the map into sectors you could conquest. Clans give a 24 hour notice of Conquest and everyone spends the day building and preparing.

Once pulled an all nighter building a siege tower and we won in what basically was a building vs. building battle.