Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Celebrate DC Universe Online's 8th Anniversary with Free Gifts - MMORPG.com

SBFordSBFord Former Associate EditorMember LegendaryPosts: 33,129
edited January 2019 in News & Features Discussion

imageCelebrate DC Universe Online's 8th Anniversary with Free Gifts - MMORPG.com

Daybreak Games is celebrating the 8th anniversary of DC Universe Online by handing out some free gifts to players just for logging in. All players who log in can grab hold of a free CR210 Character Advance "which comes with the new and improved House of El 2019 gear suit and Episode 30: Earth 3". Members will receive a "special Member Appreciation Gift box" with an Artifact Cache, Nth Metal, Marks of Victory and the Brainiac Lair theme.

Read the full story here

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 

Comments

• Truvidien88Truvidien88 Member UncommonPosts: 462
    While this does look cool does anyone actually still play this game?
  • ScottJeslisScottJeslis Member UncommonPosts: 355

LOL. Never sure how to answer that question. Like are people looking for a number? Do you want me to say millions? But honestly yes, I do off and on. When I'm on (at all different hours) it seems like a lot of folks around.

During the live stream they showed a forthcoming graphic refresh of Zatanna which was beautiful. They said more character refreshes are coming so development $$ being spent I guess.

TokkenPaulDeathBringer
  • Panther2103Panther2103 Member EpicPosts: 5,768

From what I gather, quite a decent amount of people still play it. Probably due to the fact that there is no really good super hero MMO other than this out right now (unless you count Champions Online).
    PaulDeathBringer
  • koldmiserkoldmiser Member RarePosts: 348
    I play off and on and whenever I do there's always a ton of people on. PC and Xbox.
    PaulDeathBringer
  • LeiHngWeiLeiHngWei Member UncommonPosts: 67
    I for one do count Champions Online.

I'd rather play as a superhero on my PC, not a sidekick on a console port.
    Hariken
  • Octagon7711Octagon7711 Member LegendaryPosts: 9,000
    For the past few years I've only played when they have a promotion like this one going on.
    Tokken

"We all do the best we can based on life experience, point of view, and our ability to believe in ourselves." - Naropa      "We don't see things as they are, we see them as we are."  SR Covey

• rojoArcueidrojoArcueid Member EpicPosts: 10,722
    I stopped caring about this game when I moved to the PS4 version and they didn't even bother offering a discount to purchase on console all the DLC i bought on PC. I wasn't going to pay full price again on a different platform so i uninstalled both versions. At least i got my money's worth on PC.
    PaulDeathBringer

• cheyanecheyane Member LegendaryPosts: 9,101
    I stopped caring about this game when I moved to the PS4 version and they didn't even bother offering a discount to purchase on console all the DLC i bought on PC. I wasn't going to pay full price again on a different platform so i uninstalled both versions. At least i got my money's worth on PC.
    Did Monster hunter offer PS4 version owners a discount when buying the PC version ?
    Chamber of Chains
  • rojoArcueidrojoArcueid Member EpicPosts: 10,722
    cheyane said:
    Did Monster hunter offer PS4 version owners a discount when buying the PC version ?
    DCUO is cross-platform. I already had a bunch of DLCs on PC. If i have to pay again for the same DLCs at least give me a discount.

• JeroKaneJeroKane Member EpicPosts: 6,965

cheyane said:

DCUO is cross-platform. I already had a bunch of DLCs on PC. If i have to pay again for the same DLCs at least give me a discount.

Ehh what now? DCUO was never cross platform until only 2 years ago!

There has always been dedicated PC, Xbox360 and PS3 servers. Both Sony and Microsoft had their console platform locked tight at the time.

Later with the PS4 release, they allowed cross-play between PS3 and PS4 only at first.
    Only in 2016 cross-platform was enabled between PC and PS3/PS4, but just for match making only basically. No account info and purchases are shared between the two platforms, since Sony will not allow it.
    That was not Daybreak's fault, but a limitation imposed by Sony.

Fortnite is the first game that caused enough backlash for Sony, but it took months before they finally buckled in, but no info available yet when Switch owners can access their EPIC account that is associated with PS4.
    cheyane
  • meonthissitemeonthissite Member UncommonPosts: 917
    DC is one of the best superhero games I've played in a long time! Why don't I play now? Because I have limited energy as a sick person, I have 2 games I play right now, and I hardly login to those due to low energy. It's just a unique thing to sick people.

If I had more energy this would absolutely be my third game! Right now I play PoE ESO and DC would be my third easily! I love playing a villain!
    PaulDeathBringer