Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Marvel's Stan Lee Memorialized in World of Warcraft

2»

Comments

• KyleranKyleran Member LegendaryPosts: 43,435
    azonic69 said:

lahnmir said:

redcore said:

Jamar870 said:

azonic69, citation please or STFU

STFU? Heh - he is actually right. To me SL looked like an arrogant asshole and I never liked him!

I dont think that "Stanley" can be killed...pity

That you agree with him doesn’t make him right, it could make you both wrong. You can have your opinion of course, and that ‘hehehe let me rain on the parade just because i can’ attitude too. Stan Lee his legacy speaks volumes whether you like him or not.

/Cheers,
    Lahnmir 

He made his money on other artists back and shared very little of the profit with them, a lot of the characters that you think he created, were the work of other people, that you don't want to google for that information is not my problem.
    After all, if it's on the internet, it has to be true.

Lulz

"True friends stab you in the front." | Oscar Wilde 

"I need to finish" - Christian Wolff: The Accountant

Just trying to live long enough to play a new, released MMORPG, playing New Worlds atm

Fools find no pleasure in understanding but delight in airing their own opinions. Pvbs 18:2, NIV

Don't just play games, inhabit virtual worlds™

"This is the most intelligent, well qualified and articulate response to a post I have ever seen on these forums. It's a shame most people here won't have the attention span to read past the second line." - Anon

• azonic69azonic69 Member UncommonPosts: 103
    edited January 2019

Kyleran said:

azonic69 said:

lahnmir said:

redcore said:

Jamar870 said:

STFU? Heh - he is actually right. To me SL looked like an arrogant asshole and I never liked him!

That you agree with him doesn’t make him right, it could make you both wrong. You can have your opinion of course, and that ‘hehehe let me rain on the parade just because i can’ attitude too. Stan Lee his legacy speaks volumes whether you like him or not.

/Cheers,
    Lahnmir 

He made his money on other artists back and shared very little of the profit with them, a lot of the characters that you think he created, were the work of other people, that you don't want to google for that information is not my problem.

Lulz

And where do you get your information smart guy?
  • SBFordSBFord Former Associate EditorMember LegendaryPosts: 33,129
    azonic69 said:
    Kyleran said:
    azonic69 said:
    lahnmir said:
    redcore said:
    Jamar870 said:

/Cheers,
    Lahnmir 

Lulz
    And where to you get your information smart guy?
    Ah ah ah. You made the charge that Stan Lee is something less than he is portrayed as. The burden of proof is yours. So...we're waiting. :) 

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 

• lahnmirlahnmir Member LegendaryPosts: 5,041
    Besides the point of whether they are right or not, it is also in the way the other side voices it, the attitude that comes with it. And although I have heard these stories before and I think there might be some truth to them, it still doesn’t take away from Lee his massive legacy. No need for anyone to act all schmuck about it.

/Cheers,
    Lahnmir
    SBFord
    'the only way he could nail it any better is if he used a cross.'

Kyleran on yours sincerely 

'But there are many. You can play them entirely solo, and even offline. Also, you are wrong by default.'

Ikcin in response to yours sincerely debating whether or not single-player offline MMOs exist...

'This does not apply just to ED but SC or any other game. What they will get is Rebirth/X4, likely prettier but equally underwhelming and pointless. 

It is incredibly difficult to design some meaningfull leg content that would fit a space ship game - simply because it is not a leg game.

It is just huge resource waste....'

Gdemami absolutely not being an armchair developer

• SBFordSBFord Former Associate EditorMember LegendaryPosts: 33,129
    lahnmir said:
    Besides the point of whether they are right or not, it is also in the way the other side voices it, the attitude that comes with it. And although I have heard these stories before and I think there might be some truth to them, it still doesn’t take away from Lee his massive legacy. No need for anyone to act all schmuck about it.

/Cheers,
    Lahnmir
    Agreed. Lee may be the forward "face" of Marvel comics and, as such, he is the one people remember and credit with changed lives and brilliant memories. He was a likeable, affable man with fans and that leaves a legacy. If it doesn't make someone feel the same, so be it. Honestly, I will never understand this proclivity to crap on other people's joy. When I don't like something or someone, I leave.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 

SBFord said:

lahnmir said:

/Cheers,
    Lahnmir

Agreed. Lee may be the forward "face" of Marvel comics and, as such, he is the one people remember and credit with changed lives and brilliant memories. He was a likeable, affable man with fans and that leaves a legacy. If it doesn't make someone feel the same, so be it. Honestly, I will never understand this proclivity to crap on other people's joy. When I don't like something or someone, I leave.

So it's okay to celebrate someone that made millions on the back of other people while they pretty much lived in poverty.

https://comicbookhistorians.com/marvel-1960s-jack-kirby-stan-lee-steve-ditko-who-created-what/

Now you're gonna tell me the source is shit, and that's fine but when the same reports come out over and over again, there's something to it.
  • rodarinrodarin Member EpicPosts: 2,611
    I was wondering when the character assassination would start. I dont like to be the guy who says I know a guy who knows a guy. But I do in a few cases and the guy was either a royal prick or the nicest guy ever, depends on who you ask I guess. I know people from both camps who interacted with him, the common theme was the older he got the more extreme. So he either got nicer or shittier. Depending on how he treated you going along.

Also some stories but anecdotal and not worth repeating gossip. Also dont speak ill of the dead.

But from my experiences when people have two different personas generally the lesser one is the more truthful one because theyre more than likely trying to hide something when theyre acting a certain way to one group over another. Thats why I am a prick to everyone no one ever has to guess.
  • lahnmirlahnmir Member LegendaryPosts: 5,041
    azonic69 said:

SBFord said:

lahnmir said:

/Cheers,
    Lahnmir

So it's okay to celebrate someone that made millions on the back of other people while they pretty much lived in poverty.

https://comicbookhistorians.com/marvel-1960s-jack-kirby-stan-lee-steve-ditko-who-created-what/

Now you're gonna tell me the source is shit, and that's fine but when the same reports come out over and over again, there's something to it.
    There are countless reports talking about how awesome he was, your point? No, scrap that, its not about your point. Its about the time and the place you decided to share it, about the words you use and how schmuck you come across. Why are you doing this? You got some kind of grudge against the old, deceased guy? And why should we care? Are we the uneducated masses that need to be enlightened? 

/Cheers,
    Lahnmir
    SBFord
    'the only way he could nail it any better is if he used a cross.'

Kyleran on yours sincerely 

'But there are many. You can play them entirely solo, and even offline. Also, you are wrong by default.'

Ikcin in response to yours sincerely debating whether or not single-player offline MMOs exist...

'This does not apply just to ED but SC or any other game. What they will get is Rebirth/X4, likely prettier but equally underwhelming and pointless. 

It is incredibly difficult to design some meaningfull leg content that would fit a space ship game - simply because it is not a leg game.

It is just huge resource waste....'

Gdemami absolutely not being an armchair developer

edited January 2019

lahnmir said:

azonic69 said:

SBFord said:

lahnmir said:

/Cheers,
    Lahnmir

There are countless reports talking about how awesome he was, your point? No, scrap that, its not about your point. Its about the time and the place you decided to share it, about the words you use and how schmuck you come across. Why are you doing this? You got some kind of grudge against the old, deceased guy? And why should we care? Are we the uneducated masses that need to be enlightened? 

/Cheers,
    Lahnmir

My point is that his incredible legacy is not even his. The countless reports of him being awesome are towards fan, which i have no doubt he was good towards, my problem with Stan Lee idolization is that he was a thief that didn't even give proper credit to the characters creators.