Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

How did you come up with your avatar/forum name and most pathetic in-game name you used?

Comments

• syltmackasyltmacka Member UncommonPosts: 377
    edited January 11
    mine is syltmacka means jam sandwich in swedish :P have no idea why . prob was drunk or hungry or both.
    avatar is green goblin by alex ross. favorite villain and favorite illustrator.
    d_20ConstantineMerusimmodiumAlBQuirky
  • ConstantineMerusConstantineMerus Member EpicPosts: 2,691
    syltmacka said:
    mine is syltmacka means jam sandwich in swedish :P have no idea why . prob was drunk or hungry or both.
    avatar is green goblin by alex ross. favorite villain and favorite illustrator.
    That set me in a mood for a drink.
    Constantine, The Console Poster

• "One of the most difficult tasks men can perform, however much others may despise it, is the invention of good games and it cannot be done by men out of touch with their instinctive selves." - Carl Jung
    • Song of the Week: Blackfield by Blackfield from Blackfield (2005)
    • Currently Playing: Devil May Cry 1
    • Favorite Drink: Bruichladdich Black Art 5th 1992
    • Gaming Timeline: Arcade, Commodore 64, Amiga 500, SEGA, IBM, PS, PC, PS2, More PCs, PS3, Giant PC, PS4, No More PCs, PS4 Pro.
  • FinvegaFinvega Member UncommonPosts: 164
    As a fearsome new warrior in Asheron's Call, I figured my name should strike fear:

Snugglebunny
    ConstantineMerusAlBQuirky
  • immodiumimmodium Member RarePosts: 2,580
    Imodium was an early Nirvana song demo, it was renamed to Breed.

It's also a medication to help stop (verbal) diarrhea. :)

I added an aditional m for no reason.
    ConstantineMerusUngoodAlBQuirky

• JemcrystalJemcrystal Member UncommonPosts: 1,920
    The elves named me.  I'm Jem Fay Crystal.  Fay is the light court.  Fey is the dark court.  My game names are represent D&D chars.
    AlBQuirky

• GruntyGrunty Member EpicPosts: 8,657
    edited January 11
    Same reply as the last 5 times.  Grunty was supposed to just be my login name.  Gus_Tarball was to be my forum name.  They are both from an all-time favorite game series of mine called Jagged Alliance.  

My LOTRO main is a female hobbit named Grizelda Tarfoot.  Her title is 'the Easily Lost'.  Don't put me in charge of leading the way.  Real world I'm fine,  in a game I can't tell North from South.
    OG_ZorvanAlBQuirky
    "I used to think the worst thing in life was to be all alone.  It's not.  The worst thing in life is to end up with people who make you feel all alone."  Robin Williams
  • AmatheAmathe Member LegendaryPosts: 6,174
    I believe my original account on this website was created back in my SWG days under another name. But I forgot the password and no longer have the e-mail account. So that one is toast.

This account was created back when I was playing World of Warcraft, so I used the name Amathe, which was my main character in WoW at the time (a female character). 

There is no story behind Amathe. It was just a name that sounded cool to me at the time. 

AlBQuirky

EQ1, EQ2, SWG, SWTOR, GW, GW2 CoH, CoV, FFXI, WoW, CO, War,TSW and a slew of free trials and beta tests

• OG_ZorvanOG_Zorvan Member EpicPosts: 1,899
    I was big into mysterious people like Rasputin and Faust, so I wanted a username that sounded like an old wizard. Came up with Zorvan. That was around 2000/2001, I guess. I used Luminous or Luminarius in the 90's ( big into Illuminati stuff back then lol ). Ingame, I'm usually Zorvan if a male character, Sharlamayne if a female one.

MMORPG.COM took away my swinging cheerleader butt .gif.

• SovrathSovrath Member LegendaryPosts: 27,475
    edited January 11
    My name comes from the time I was going to try my first mmorpg, Lineage 2. I wasn't going to really play for long but my girlfriend was traveling so I thought it was the perfect time.

I needed a name on the spot and just took some of the letters from my last name and fashioned this.

Interesting enough, a guy in my Lineage 2 clan left the game to go to World of Warcraft and told me he was going to use my name.

Kind of felt weird as I made it up based on my name but what could one do right? I then find out there are all sorts of Sovraths in World of Warcraft!

Sort of feel like a trendsetter. B)

blueturtle13ConstantineMerusAlBQuirky

• laseritlaserit Member LegendaryPosts: 6,166
    edited January 11
    Industrial lasers have made my fortune so laserit is just a shameless plug ;)
    blueturtle13ConstantineMerusUngoodPhaserlightAlBQuirky

"Be water my friend" - Bruce Lee

• Panther2103Panther2103 Member EpicPosts: 5,363
    Mine comes from when I was 8 years old and going online on the original starcraft. I couldn't figure out a username, I was at my grandmas house and I saw a panther ceramic figure, and I typed 4 random numbers. It's just kinda been my username ever since. 

Most pathetic in game name? Probably when we had a Mcdonalds themed guild in Warhammer and all of us had mcdonalds product names. I think I was Shamrock Shake. Oh boy highschool was a time. 
    PhaserlightAlBQuirky
  • ForgrimmForgrimm Member EpicPosts: 2,972
    Forgrimm was the first character I made in EQ back in '99. It was a variation on Thorgrim, a character in the 1982 Conan movie.
  • CanPantherCanPanther Member UncommonPosts: 14
    edited January 11
    I was forced into mine. At the time of BBSs (dial-up bulletin board systems) in the very early 90s, when most sites were limited to 10 character names, I tried using the handle BlkPanther, as the large cat was always a personal favorite. They are absolutely beautiful creatures; powerful, muscular, graceful. I knew about the name's history in politics but it had been 20+ years since they were in the mainstream news and were pretty much defunct at the time. But once people found out I was white, the shit hit the fan and the hate mail started pouring in. I took it for a while, tried to argue my point about the animal, but it didn't matter. It was easier just to rename myself to Canadian Panther, CanPanther for short. 
    UngoodAlBQuirky
    When you own a big chunk of the bloody 3rd World, the babies just come with the scenery
    - The Pretenders, Middle Of The Road
  • KyleranKyleran Member LegendaryPosts: 34,560
    I took my name from an evil wizard in the 80s version of Bards Tale 1. Unfortunately I didn't Google it first so it really should have been Kylearan I believe.

Lame names? Many I'm sure, like my Infiltrator in DAOC, Zero, or maybe ripping off a band name a few times, using Tragically Hip in Vanguard and Tenacious D for a healer once in WOW I think. (I really liked that last one)

These days I'm on a "religious" theme creating characters with the names Trinity and Covenant. 

blueturtle13UngoodConstantineMeruslaseritPhaserlightAlBQuirky

"See normal people, I'm not one of them" | G-Easy & Big Sean

"I need to finish" - Christian Wolff: The Accountant

Just trying to live long enough to play a new, released MMORPG, playing POE at the moment.

Fools find no pleasure in understanding, but delight in airing their own opinions. Pvbs 18:2, NIV

Don't just play games, inhabit virtual worlds™

"This is the most intelligent, well qualified and articulate response to a post I have ever seen on these forums. It's a shame most people here won't have the attention span to read past the second line." - Anon

• ElidienElidien Member RarePosts: 1,397
    Mine is from the DAOC auto-generator. Most people think its a play on letters from LOTRO or WOW but its not. I also pronounce it E-LEE-D-INN.

Lamest name is my Argonian in ESO. I absolutely love the Life is Strange games and to "honor" them I named my Argonian Bae Over Bay. Don't ask. :)
    AlBQuirky
  • MaurgrimMaurgrim Member RarePosts: 1,246
    One thing that are more important are why people insisting on having numbers after the name?
  • KrimzinKrimzin Member UncommonPosts: 683
    I'll be honest. I stole the name from my GM in EQ. I was a Crimson Tide Fan and had never seen Crimson spelled that way. Used it for the past 21 years.

AlBQuirky

Just because I'm a gamer doesn't mean I drive a Honda.

Best Duo Ever
  • blueturtle13blueturtle13 Member LegendaryPosts: 11,880
    Maurgrim said:
    One thing that are more important are why people insisting on having numbers after the name?
    Because I am the 13th Blueturtle in a very exclusive group of blue hued turtles. 
    XarkoSovrathPanther2103ConstantineMeruslaseritWaanOG_Zorvan

거북이는 목을 내밀 때 안 움직입니다

• Panther2103Panther2103 Member EpicPosts: 5,363
    edited January 11
    Maurgrim said:
    Usually it pertains to the username without the numbers being taken and not wanting to make a new username. 
    UngoodOctagon7711KyleranAlBQuirky
  • UngoodUngood Member EpicPosts: 2,757
    Maurgrim said:
    I will often end up with Ungood1984, because Ungood was taken, as I am obviously not the Trend Setter I think I am, I have also ended up with names like "DoublePlusUngood1984" because it seems there are a lot of people that like this handle.
    AlBQuirky
  • Octagon7711Octagon7711 Member LegendaryPosts: 8,875
    I just pick what I like.  If it's already taken or add numbers or just pick a new name.  Worst names ever picked were for alphas and betas only lasting til wipe.
    AlBQuirky

"We all do the best we can based on life experience, point of view, and our ability to believe in ourselves." - Naropa      "We don't see things as they are, we see them as we are."  SR Covey

• GutlardGutlard Member RarePosts: 911
    edited January 11
    I don't know about the rest of you, but mine's a family name...

But seriously, I came up with a name that I thought would be kind of gross for my Uruk Black Arrow in LOTRO PvMP, so Gutlard.

Which also happens to be a pathetic name that I still love to use obviously, along with: Thunderfart, Thundershart, Cropduster, Guttplug (G replaces B for the slower readers), Windbreaker, Buttburps, Beorgut (Beorning name in LOTRO, play on Beer gut), I try to work Gut into most of my names, which my friends are tired of, but I like it so screw them.

Oh, and I guess the numbers in my name are silent...

Gut Out!
    SovrathlaseritKyleranAlBQuirky

What, me worry?

• BossChonoBossChono Member UncommonPosts: 23

I am a fan of Japanese wrestling, old and new.  Most of my names have something to do with that.  Masahiro Chono is one of the guys that got me into it... and he's a boss lol.

NWO Typhoon for life!!

PhaserlightAlBQuirkyPalebane
  • ElalandElaland Member UncommonPosts: 37
    My avatar name is from one of the first characters I played extensively -  in the original Guild Wars.  I took pieces from my real life first, middle, and last name.  It was originally in two parts - El Aland.  My avatar pic is from that GW1 character (an elementalist).

I try to use something unique to every game character, and I NEVER use a number because I like the challenge of coming up with something no one else has.
    AlBQuirky
  • laseritlaserit Member LegendaryPosts: 6,166
    Ungood said:
    Maurgrim said:
    I will often end up with Ungood1984, because Ungood was taken, as I am obviously not the Trend Setter I think I am, I have also ended up with names like "DoublePlusUngood1984" because it seems there are a lot of people that like this handle.
    I liken your username to an imaginary Sergio Leone spaghetti western

the Good the Bad and the Ungood ;)

or maybe Clint Eastwood's the Ungood ;)
    KyleranAlBQuirky

"Be water my friend" - Bruce Lee