Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

What I Want from ESO’s Next Chapter

SBFordSBFord Former Associate EditorMember LegendaryPosts: 33,129
edited January 2019 in News & Features Discussion

imageWhat I Want from ESO’s Next Chapter

Well, thanks to some enthusiastic data miners, the cat (literally) is out of the bag and next week’s big Elder Scrolls Online reveal is going to be an expansion set in Elsweyr, the home of the Khajiit. As evidenced by a package I received this week from none other than Abnur Tharn, it seems the Imperial mage may have some ideas on how to end the Three Banners War and bring about peace to Tamriel... but I’m betting it won’t be that simple.

Read the full story here

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 

YashaX

Comments

• BlueThunderBearBlueThunderBear Member RarePosts: 228
    Say what you will about this update but ive been waiting on Necromancer since Beta
    ZenJellyTacticalZombehvanitycorpse
  • GrandpaDJGrandpaDJ Member UncommonPosts: 132
    Necromancer -> exciting!
    ESO Combat/Animation Canceling -> so painful!
    There is a lot I love about this game but the combat reminds me why I can't play for more than  a few hours before wondering wtf?
    Deadrites87Octagon7711gastovski1sythraelZenJellyborghive49GilcroixViper482
  • gervaise1gervaise1 Member EpicPosts: 6,919
    edited January 2019
    A Time Break was to me the obvious way to do Dragons and keep to the Lore. What they have always done in previous games:

From the link to the UESPWiki:

A Dragon Break is a phenomenon where linear time is broken, and becomes non-linear. The "Dragon" refers to Akatosh, the Dragon God of Time. A Dragon Break not only precedes significant changes in Tamriel, but challenges mortal comprehension. It is a re-alignment of time and space in response to an event which makes the normal continuity of reality impossible. The chaos which ensues is a refrain of the chaos of the Dawn Era. The area that is noticeably affected, and length of the interval measured in the areas not apparently affected, varies with each Dragon Break. Historically, the cause is often attributed to mortals manipulating divine matters

Bring it on!
    Octagon7711
  • TheocritusTheocritus Member LegendaryPosts: 9,739
    I dont think there is a thing they can do to fix this game. It just isn't very good.
    MikehaDeadrites87IselinBlueThunderBearSetzergastovski1HermodZenJellyHell26borghive49and 7 others.
  • Vorch21Vorch21 Member UncommonPosts: 58
    edited January 2019
    Where is original classes from TES games... ? Seems like no hope for them...
    Hell26
  • syltmackasyltmacka Member UncommonPosts: 404
    necromancer that is acctually abit gritty and dark.
  • BadSpockBadSpock Member UncommonPosts: 7,979
    I've been playing quite casually. Almost have my first level 50 (Argonian Templar). Skipped the main storyline, have completed Orsinium and Morrowind main stories, just started Murkmire yesterday.

If I stay subbed for a while into the veteran game, might end up purchasing Summerset and we'll see what this new expac brings! Never been a big fan of Necromancer classes, typically the opposite (hence Templar).

Feels like the game could use some more open-world events like the Anchors. I've been a big fan of public quests / open world events since WAR, and whatever implementation - like events in Destiny or event chains in GW2 or whatever FFXIV calls them...

Such an MMO-specific feature, bring players together randomly in the open world to work together to accomplish a goal - all MMO games need more of this, IMO.
    borghive49ReverielleYashaXvanitycorpse
  • SovrathSovrath Member LegendaryPosts: 31,937

I dont think there is a thing they can do to fix this game. It just isn't very good.

I would say it is a good game.

I would also say, that for my taste, it's not a good Elder Scrolls game.
    [Deleted User]Octagon7711gastovski1BlueThunderBearHariken
    Like Skyrim? Need more content? Try my Skyrim mod "Godfred's Tomb." 

Godfred's Tomb Trailer: https://youtu.be/-nsXGddj_4w

Original Skyrim: https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/109547

Try the "Special Edition." 'Cause it's "Special." https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/64878/?tab=description

Serph toze kindly has started a walk-through. https://youtu.be/UIelCK-lldo 
  • KalebGraysonKalebGrayson Member RarePosts: 430
    I'm going to give the necromancer a whirl for sure. Very excited.
  • gervaise1gervaise1 Member EpicPosts: 6,919

BadSpock said:

I've been playing quite casually. Almost have my first level 50 (Argonian Templar). Skipped the main storyline, have completed Orsinium and Morrowind main stories, just started Murkmire yesterday.

If I stay subbed for a while into the veteran game, might end up purchasing Summerset and we'll see what this new expac brings! Never been a big fan of Necromancer classes, typically the opposite (hence Templar).

Feels like the game could use some more open-world events like the Anchors. I've been a big fan of public quests / open world events since WAR, and whatever implementation - like events in Destiny or event chains in GW2 or whatever FFXIV calls them...

Such an MMO-specific feature, bring players together randomly in the open world to work together to accomplish a goal - all MMO games need more of this, IMO.

The epic storyline - not the various alliance main story lines - is well worth doing with some excellent voice acting.

Also have you found the public dungeons - one in each zone? When it first launched you almost inevitably ended up at the one in each of the 3 starter zones - not guaranteed these days though and the Orsinium one is somewhat "out of the way" and you may not even realise it is a public dungeon. Almost comes across as a zone in its own right given the size of it.

There are also world bosses dotted around as well. Some can be soloed with a sufficiently "developed characters"; others are harder; Imperial City has some interesting ones but there is also the PvP "risk" of course.
  • Deadrites87Deadrites87 Member UncommonPosts: 94
    edited January 2019
    no lag in cryodiil, run the game higher than 45-60 fps when 1 tree and 1 player comes on my screen, update to the combat. One can only dream.
    ZenJelly
  • HorusraHorusra Member EpicPosts: 4,411
    I want something added that makes me want to log in and play...
    ZenJellyReverielleRain_DeathravenHariken
  • IselinIselin Member LegendaryPosts: 18,719
    And yet there seems to be something about ESO that attracts you. I don't think I have ever seen an ESO thread in these forums that doesn't have the same post from you about how you don't like it.

Anyway back to this topic...

I sure hope that if they implement a new system they don't screw it up as badly as they screwed up jewelry crafting last year. The ridiculous tenfold quality improving mats requirement compared to any other gear craft (later reduced to 5X) was something that could only be designed and signed off on by developers totally out of touch with the reality of playing the game.

More systems... sure. But only if they do it right.
    gervaise1TillerSaunZborghive49YashaX
    "Social media gives legions of idiots the right to speak when they once only spoke at a bar after a glass of wine, without harming the community ... but now they have the same right to speak as a Nobel Prize winner. It's the invasion of the idiots”

― Umberto Eco

“Microtransactions? In a single player role-playing game? Are you nuts?” 
    ― CD PROJEKT RED

• NaitakalNaitakal Member UncommonPosts: 74

GrandpaDJ said:

ESO Combat/Animation Canceling -> so painful!

This kinda kills PvP in ESO for me too. It's just ridiculous.

Deadrites87ZenJellyborghive49Viper482
  • boris20boris20 Member RarePosts: 404
    Something that would make me consider playing the game - get rid of animation cancelling. Such a cheesy thing to be in a game. Ruins combat for me. Otherwise I could have alot of fun in this game. 
    ZenJellyborghive49
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • Octagon7711Octagon7711 Member LegendaryPosts: 9,000
    Looking forward to making a Necro.  Was gonna make a Khajiit, Necro, Vamp but undead Khajiit fur looks horrible in this game, it's like a pale gray... yuck.

"We all do the best we can based on life experience, point of view, and our ability to believe in ourselves." - Naropa      "We don't see things as they are, we see them as we are."  SR Covey

• TheDarkrayneTheDarkrayne Member EpicPosts: 5,297
    I want some kind of dynamic event system or randomised dungeons... or a proper full sized expansion. I think they are the only things that will bring me back.

I did just about everything in ESO up until I stopped playing; mastered maelstrom, completed every map, did every dungeon, not too bothered about raids but did some.. it was a lot of content.. but when it's over there's nothing to do. Not really any loot to hunt for either. I don't fancy coming back for these smallish 'episodes' that'll probably last a week until there's nothing to do again.

If they added a way to get store points through gameplay I'd probably subscribe and play again. Getting everything from the store is at least a solid goal to aim for, even if it's a massive grind. No way I'm paying those stupid prices though, it needs to be part of the game and I'll sub.

ESO is way more casual friendly than most MMOs. For more casual players it's an endless game but for someone who will sink a hell of a lot of time into their chosen game you just eventually hit a brick wall.

I'll probably go back to it in a number of years after the content has been piling up.
    Reverielle
    I don't suffer from insanity, I enjoy every minute of it.
  • SaunZSaunZ Member UncommonPosts: 472
    necromancer sounds fun... I will definitely roll one.

I have never played a necro before, in any game.

ESO is LOVE!

Sz  :)
    Truvidien88ZenJelly
  • TheDarkrayneTheDarkrayne Member EpicPosts: 5,297

OG_Zorvan said:

I play a pet sorc main anyway, so not sure how different an ESO necro will really be compared to one, but I'll keep an eye on it.

If they added a way to get store points through gameplay I'd probably subscribe and play again. Getting everything from the store is at least a solid goal to aim for, even if it's a massive grind. No way I'm paying those stupid prices though, it needs to be part of the game and I'll sub.

If you're subbed, it is all part of the game. You only have to buy if you don't wanna sub.

I mean the cosmetics and loot boxes, a way to earn them in-game.
    [Deleted User]
    I don't suffer from insanity, I enjoy every minute of it.
  • KratierKratier Member RarePosts: 626
    dont expect good mmo content from ESO as in, repeatable social content with interactivity,
    just play the game like a single player RPG , skyrim 2.0, and youre golden
    dont ask for more than more quests from these devs, they know 1 trick, good quests, and do it well

you want good housing go play ffxiv
    you want "new systems" go sit in wow and pretend any of those "new systems" are good and not a complete waste of time
  • black_isleblack_isle Member UncommonPosts: 256
    edited January 2019
    same gameplay, same skills, same mechanics, same systems but just more quests. that's eso since launch, for 4-5 years. i ran all the zones and quests on one character and put down the game before morrowind, still no reason for me to come back. they don't even add dungeons or mounts with expansions but sell them seperately lol(while charging fullxpack price). terrible game model, terrible business model. they don't even bundle past year releases akin to gold edition of first year, like the daedric war arc etc. terrible downloader and patcher too. somehow all they get is praise and excitement.
    ReverielleYashaX
  • TheocritusTheocritus Member LegendaryPosts: 9,739
    Sovrath said:

I think I had higher expectations from ESO as I loved all the single player games from the series.
    SovrathOctagon7711Hariken
  • SovrathSovrath Member LegendaryPosts: 31,937
    Sovrath said:

I think I had higher expectations from ESO as I loved all the single player games from the series.
    I still actively play Morrowind and Skyrim and now that I've purchased a 2nd ssd I'm going to put Oblivion on as well.
    Like Skyrim? Need more content? Try my Skyrim mod "Godfred's Tomb." 

Godfred's Tomb Trailer: https://youtu.be/-nsXGddj_4w

Original Skyrim: https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/109547

Try the "Special Edition." 'Cause it's "Special." https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/64878/?tab=description

Serph toze kindly has started a walk-through. https://youtu.be/UIelCK-lldo 
  • BlueThunderBearBlueThunderBear Member RarePosts: 228

Title should read " Black Desert didn't send me a cool plack so it isn't going to be mmorpgoty" Anyone who says BDO isn'ty a MMOGOTY iis eaithe rpaid off or works for failing developer. Kind feel sick I even click on this shit.

Dude BDO is a failing MMO floundering for players.
    Mauerick