Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

How did you come up with your avatar/forum name and most pathetic in-game name you used?

CryomatrixCryomatrix Member EpicPosts: 3,223
edited January 2019 in The Pub at MMORPG.COM
Mine is Cryomatrix. 

When I first started playing online games way back in the day. I thought of something cool and I was working in a biological research lab with cryo freezers and I combined two words that I thought sounded cool.

Cryo + Matrix

I have a feeling some people think my name is Cry + O + Matrix but it's Cryo + Matrix. I'll look it up on google. 

https://www.skyebiologics.com/cryomatirx/

(((Stupid website named the link wrong . . . for their product))) . . .  I just contacted the company and told them that their link was wrong . . . hahaha

My in-game name in PoE is a play on my kid's name with an underscore and then something about the build. I do this so my guild knows its me. 

Most Pathetic In-game name:
In EVE, my combat guy had a pathetic name . . . "Chancellor Doom"
Catch me streaming at twitch.tv/cryomatrix
You can see my sci-fi/WW2 book recommendations. 
d_20ConstantineMerusimmodiumAmatheUngoodAlBQuirky

Comments

• The user and all related content has been deleted.

거북이는 목을 내밀 때 안 움직입니다

• laxielaxie Member RarePosts: 1,118
    I was making my account just as I arrived at Los Angeles airport for holidays.
    Palebaned_20AmatheSovrathAegirisAlBQuirky
  • VesaviusVesavius Member RarePosts: 7,908
    Vesavius was my AD&D 1e paladin, the same paladin that was the last man standing and succeeded in putting down Strahd mere HPs from his own death. He then got involved with Vecna. It wasn't pretty.

But, yeah, the name has been used since, even though that campaign is long dead.
    d_20AlBQuirky
  • Quizar1973Quizar1973 Member UncommonPosts: 251
    My name came from an old D&D Wizard Character i played years ago......And my most pathetic name i beilive was GankNSpank.....LOL
    d_20AlBQuirky
    No one shall Rent space in my head!!!!!  B)
  • PalebanePalebane Member RarePosts: 4,011
    Name is stolen from a Dark Elf cleric I met in Highpass Hold on the Rallos Zek server. I also had a halfling rogue on the server named Xejá.
    Rick and Morty meseeks.
    d_20AlBQuirky

Vault-Tec analysts have concluded that the odds of worldwide nuclear armaggeddon this decade are 17,143,762... to 1.

• PhaserlightPhaserlight Member EpicPosts: 3,072
    "Phaserlight" was a character name I used for playing Marathon over LAN in the 90s and I just kind of stuck with it.  It's a slightly more nerdy riff on "laserlight"; lasers being something I was mildly obsessed with around age 14.

My avatar are the two most important people in my life and myself, with an overlay by Silk:

http://weavesilk.com
    d_20ConstantineMerusimmodiumAlBQuirky

"The simple is the seal of the true and beauty is the splendor of truth" -Subrahmanyan Chandrasekhar
    Authored 139 missions in Vendetta Online and 6 tracks in Distance

• IselinIselin Member LegendaryPosts: 18,719
    Mine is a auto-generated name from DAoC that became my main character there and just stuck with me. This was long before I knew there was a city in New Jersey named Iselin and a Norwegian supermodel named Iselin Steiro.

IDK about pathetic - you may think it is - but one of my favorite current names I use in games is Ritalina... it's very suitable especially for female avatars in fast action combat RPGs :)
    Palebaned_20ConstantineMerusAlBQuirky
    "Social media gives legions of idiots the right to speak when they once only spoke at a bar after a glass of wine, without harming the community ... but now they have the same right to speak as a Nobel Prize winner. It's the invasion of the idiots”

― Umberto Eco

“Microtransactions? In a single player role-playing game? Are you nuts?” 
    ― CD PROJEKT RED

• H0urg1assH0urg1ass Member EpicPosts: 2,380
    Hourglass was the name of my favorite 3E Shadowrun Character.  He was an ex-CAS federal agent turned Shadowrunner in Seattle when a fellow agent was murdered and he was the prime suspect.

I only use it here now as an alias.

I tend to think up new character names for every game I play, rarely using the same one twice.
    d_20ConstantineMerusPhaserlightAlBQuirky
  • MadFrenchieMadFrenchie Member LegendaryPosts: 8,505
    edited January 2019
    I remember as a kid playing CS: Source and I thought it'd be funny to use the name and yell French words at my comrades (they were server clanmembers/regulars and I was a regular, so it was cutting up).  It caught on and pretty soon we'd all change our names to Mad <insert countryman here> when we landed on the same team and shout at one another the only few words we knew in those country's languages as if we were bickering with one another.

Wanna talk about some confused server newcomers.  :D 

Since then, it's been a pretty available name around the web, so I've stuck with it. I don't generally use it for character names, and I've debated leaving this account behind to select a new name, but hate the idea of confusing forum members who have come to know me here and have context surrounding my opinions much as I have for theirs.

Lamest name I've ever used...  MuhGobbies.  

• Truvidien88Truvidien88 Member UncommonPosts: 462
    I usually go by the name Truvidien and will name my alts in game with the name "Tru" somewhere in the name. Rarely do I ever play games without having this name. I met my girlfriend online years ago and she'll call me by Tru in person and so does her friends/family.  Now the only time I hear my actual name is either at work or by my own family lol. 

Lamest name would be.. I had a Human Priest back in Vanilla Wow named RisingLight. 
    d_20AlBQuirky
  • MadFrenchieMadFrenchie Member LegendaryPosts: 8,505
    edited January 2019
    Oh wait!  I didn't even consider my CoH hero names.

Second Son, a pun referencing "sun" (fire powers).  Idea was for a family of superheroes all possessing fire powers.  That might've been the lamest.
    d_20AlBQuirky

• Slapshot1188Slapshot1188 Member LegendaryPosts: 16,983
    This name started with Battlefield 1942 Desert Combat.  Instead of my normal fantasy based name I needed a military callsign.  Right after watching TopGun, the movie Slapshot came on.  Eureka!

And thus it it has stayed with me for a long, long time.

d_20ConstantineMerusAlBQuirky

All time classic  MY NEW FAVORITE POST!  (Keep laying those bricks)

"I should point out that no other company has shipped out a beta on a disc before this." - Official Mortal Online Lead Community Moderator

Proudly wearing the Harbinger badge since Dec 23, 2017. 

Coined the phrase "Role-Playing a Development Team" January 2018

"Oddly Slap is the main reason I stay in these forums." - Mystichaze April 9th 2018

• LimnicLimnic Member RarePosts: 1,116
    edited January 2019
    Thanks to last names and titles in SWTOR, I had a character named "Amity Innocent The Pure".
    Irony being, that character was an Imperial spy and I know I didn't do particularly friendly things with her. 

Used Limnic here because it was the name of a long-running D&D character of mine that was a water genasi, who I happened to have revived for play in a campaign at the time I made this account.

Neither of these are all that common for me to use though.

Oh, I also had a character in Planetside 1 named "ImASplat". They were named so because I used them as my pilot, and I wanted everyone to have a good heads-up on my piloting skills at the time.
    d_20ConstantineMerusAlBQuirky
  • UngoodUngood Member LegendaryPosts: 7,530
    Well..

There is a long story about this name, and I started using it before I even knew of Orwell's work, (note, before I personally knew of his work, which had no relation to when his work was published) but, since it works so well, I have long since embraced the irony of it, and just went with the flow on it.

Notable names of ill repute, in Everquest, back in the day, I had a Druid, named Wicked Wood. (and in case you are wondering, yes it was a dick joke) but because it was on a Wood Elf Druid all the cries of being "lewd" got overlooked, it lasted till I chose to deleted them (wood elf druids sucked anyway) and among the legions of Maple Leaf, and Mist Forests out there.. I actually got a lot of positive complements on my name.

The worst name I think I took was "Yamommas ahoe" which was a disposable bard I made in EQ, on the Rallos Zek server, to run around and troll people, but the reality of life is, I was no Fancy.
    ConstantineMerusAlBQuirky
    Egotism is the anesthetic that dullens the pain of stupidity, this is why when I try to beat my head against the stupidity of other people, I only hurt myself.

• BloodaxesBloodaxes Member EpicPosts: 4,662
    I have to come up with new names frequently in games as I have no imagination (They're always taken xD), but here? It's from warhammer 40k. As I was playing dawn of war, I really like the orks factions. One of them being called the "Blood Axes", and so the username came about. Sometimes in games I also like to name my characters ork names from that genre (If they're not already taken). When it comes to games that also need a surname, I'm really stumped xD

As for the most lame/cheesy names?  
    When I was younger, I was one of those that used popular names like: Darkshadow, Raziel/Razil, and so on. 

I said it already, I lack creativity haha. Never liked any names that came up from random generators. For the time being, I'm sticking with Rorik as (Based on wiki at least), it's a name of some viking (Rorik of Dorestad) that is similar to my real name (It's also usually taken so fml). 

• ConstantineMerusConstantineMerus Member EpicPosts: 3,338
    edited January 2019
    I went by Icon for many years--I had to tell everyone that it was from Paradise Lost and not Windows! :grimace: But that also led to my signature badass in-game comment: "double-click on me and find out!" 

immodiumUngoodAlBQuirky
    Constantine, The Console Poster

• "One of the most difficult tasks men can perform, however much others may despise it, is the invention of good games and it cannot be done by men out of touch with their instinctive selves." - Carl Jung
  • d_20d_20 Member RarePosts: 1,878
    edited January 2019
    My name here goes back to my original interest in RPGs from the time I saw polyhedral dice back in the mid 1970s.

My avatar is from my favorite RPG. But I change it from time to time, often with one of my favorite authors.

Lamest name? Well I always like to pick an original name that could fit roleplay and still be funny if possible even though I don't roleplay. I haven't named a character this yet, but I've been thinking about Simon Le Bon from Duran Duran. I did some 80s nostalgia youtube watching recently and he cracks me up. Seems like it would be a cool/lame character name from some reason.
    AlBQuirky

• syltmackasyltmacka Member UncommonPosts: 404
    edited January 2019
    mine is syltmacka means jam sandwich in swedish :P have no idea why . prob was drunk or hungry or both.
    avatar is green goblin by alex ross. favorite villain and favorite illustrator.
  • ConstantineMerusConstantineMerus Member EpicPosts: 3,338
    syltmacka said:
    mine is syltmacka means jam sandwich in swedish :P have no idea why . prob was drunk or hungry or both.
    avatar is green goblin by alex ross. favorite villain and favorite illustrator.
    That set me in a mood for a drink.
    Constantine, The Console Poster

• "One of the most difficult tasks men can perform, however much others may despise it, is the invention of good games and it cannot be done by men out of touch with their instinctive selves." - Carl Jung
  • FinvegaFinvega Member RarePosts: 260
    As a fearsome new warrior in Asheron's Call, I figured my name should strike fear:

Snugglebunny
  • immodiumimmodium Member RarePosts: 2,610
    Imodium was an early Nirvana song demo, it was renamed to Breed.

It's also a medication to help stop (verbal) diarrhea. :)

I added an aditional m for no reason.
    ConstantineMerusUngoodAlBQuirky

• JemcrystalJemcrystal Member UncommonPosts: 1,984
    The elves named me.  I'm Jem Fay Crystal.  Fay is the light court.  Fey is the dark court.  My game names are represent D&D chars.
    AlBQuirky

• GruntyGrunty Member EpicPosts: 8,657
    edited January 2019
    Same reply as the last 5 times.  Grunty was supposed to just be my login name.  Gus_Tarball was to be my forum name.  They are both from an all-time favorite game series of mine called Jagged Alliance.  

My LOTRO main is a female hobbit named Grizelda Tarfoot.  Her title is 'the Easily Lost'.  Don't put me in charge of leading the way.  Real world I'm fine,  in a game I can't tell North from South.
    [Deleted User]AlBQuirky
    "I used to think the worst thing in life was to be all alone.  It's not.  The worst thing in life is to end up with people who make you feel all alone."  Robin Williams
  • AmatheAmathe Member LegendaryPosts: 7,630
    I believe my original account on this website was created back in my SWG days under another name. But I forgot the password and no longer have the e-mail account. So that one is toast.

This account was created back when I was playing World of Warcraft, so I used the name Amathe, which was my main character in WoW at the time (a female character). 

There is no story behind Amathe. It was just a name that sounded cool to me at the time. 

AlBQuirky

EQ1, EQ2, SWG, SWTOR, GW, GW2 CoH, CoV, FFXI, WoW, CO, War,TSW and a slew of free trials and beta tests

• SovrathSovrath Member LegendaryPosts: 32,003
    edited January 2019
    My name comes from the time I was going to try my first mmorpg, Lineage 2. I wasn't going to really play for long but my girlfriend was traveling so I thought it was the perfect time.

I needed a name on the spot and just took some of the letters from my last name and fashioned this.

Interesting enough, a guy in my Lineage 2 clan left the game to go to World of Warcraft and told me he was going to use my name.

Kind of felt weird as I made it up based on my name but what could one do right? I then find out there are all sorts of Sovraths in World of Warcraft!

Sort of feel like a trendsetter. B)

Like Skyrim? Need more content? Try my Skyrim mod "Godfred's Tomb." 

Godfred's Tomb Trailer: https://youtu.be/-nsXGddj_4w

Original Skyrim: https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/109547

Try the "Special Edition." 'Cause it's "Special." https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/64878/?tab=description

Serph toze kindly has started a walk-through. https://youtu.be/UIelCK-lldo