Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Saddle Up for Red Dead Online's Gun Rush, a Small-Scale Battle Royale Mode - MMORPG.com

SBFordSBFord Former Associate EditorMember LegendaryPosts: 33,129
edited January 2019 in News & Features Discussion

imageSaddle Up for Red Dead Online's Gun Rush, a Small-Scale Battle Royale Mode - MMORPG.com

If you and your pards want to take on small-scale battle royale, Rockstar has you covered thanks to today's addition of Gun Rush in Red Dead Online. During the match, thirty-two players face off against one another to gather weapons and ammunition as the map steadily decreases in size. The goal is, of course, to be the last cowpoke standin'.

Read the full story here

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 

Comments

• boris20boris20 Member RarePosts: 404
    jump on that bandwagon
    Klikae
  • FlyByKnightFlyByKnight Member EpicPosts: 3,967
    It's a game mode, not a stand-alone game making this OK. No different than having capture the flag or king of the mountain.

If they would have done Red Dead Royale, and charged separately I would have had a box of rotten vegetables ready to throw them at that.
    TacticalZombehAlmostLancelotMange1
    "As far as the forum code of conduct, I would think it's a bit outdated and in need of a refre *CLOSED*" 

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
  • boris20boris20 Member RarePosts: 404
    It's a game mode, not a stand-alone game making this OK. No different than having capture the flag or king of the mountain.

If they would have done Red Dead Royale, and charged separately I would have had a box of rotten vegetables ready to throw them at that.
    How dare you defend battle royale! haha jk, you have a valid point. 
  • bobbymcswansonbobbymcswanson Member UncommonPosts: 204

boris20 said:

jump on that bandwagon

How bout we say that about every 3d mmo after EQ1....people taking ideas and trying to improve upon them, or add their own flair isn't a bad thing....
  • newbismxnewbismx Member UncommonPosts: 276
    Too bad all of red dead online pretty much sucks.

I had such high hopes after playing through the stellar single player experience and honestly thought I would be spending massive amounts of time in the online portion (although I was certain there would be p2w aspects I still believed it would be excellent)
    mikeb0817MagnumPCI
  • rojoArcueidrojoArcueid Member EpicPosts: 10,722

boris20 said:

jump on that bandwagon

At least they aren't replacing the single player campaign with Battle Royale. That alone puts RDR2 on top of Black Ops 4 if I ever feel interested in one of those two games.
    boris20poobin420TacticalZombeh

• seshsesseshses Member UncommonPosts: 67
    Another BR mode in a video game Yay !
  • WizardryWizardry Member LegendaryPosts: 19,332
    I feel a very high majority is absolutely sick of hearing about Battle Royale.So why are not all these copycat devs not getting it?I guess that tells yo uwhy we see so many bad games,they can't think for themselves,they have no creativity and are not in touch with the community.

If Ninja stopped playing fortnite right today and say went and played PUBG,i bet FN would immediately begin to drop and drop a lot over a 2 week span.Point is almost NONE of the top games are popular for the games themselves but because of streamers and Esports=$$$.
    Remove notable names,remove the $$$,those games disappear quick.

Never forget 3 mile Island and never trust a government official or company spokesman.

• AlmostLancelotAlmostLancelot Member UncommonPosts: 135
    seshses said:
    Another BR mode in a video game Yay !
    Is someone forcing you to play it?

If the answer is no, and it most certainly is, then why do you even care?
  • happyjamzihappyjamzi Member CommonPosts: 1
    least its not stand alone game on its own
    yeah BRs are fun and all but they are really squeezing the hell out fo them arnt they?
  • ScotScot Member LegendaryPosts: 22,986

least its not stand alone game on its own

yeah BRs are fun and all but they are really squeezing the hell out fo them arnt they?

Welcome to the boards! :)