Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

The Division 2 for PC 'Is Not a Console Port' According to Devs - MMORPG.com

SystemSystem Member UncommonPosts: 12,599
edited January 2019 in Videos Discussion

imageThe Division 2 for PC 'Is Not a Console Port' According to Devs - MMORPG.com

Developers working on The Division 2 have posted a new video to remind players that the PC version is "not a port, but is being worked on right alongside all the others". The video showcases some of the PC features that players can expect to find including HDR support, variable refresh rates, wide- and multi-screen support, uncapped framerate & resolution, a custom HUD with hardware optimizations, asynchronous compute, and multithreading of command buffers.

Read the full story here

Comments

• Octagon7711Octagon7711 Member LegendaryPosts: 9,000
    The PC version of The Division felt like it was built from the ground up for pc players which is one of the reasons I like it so much.
    SBFordTrolldefender99MadFrenchieAlmostLancelotRain_Deathravenceh430hammercrush1984TacticalZombeh

"We all do the best we can based on life experience, point of view, and our ability to believe in ourselves." - Naropa      "We don't see things as they are, we see them as we are."  SR Covey

• hfztthfztt Member RarePosts: 1,401
    Whatever. For me they lost the second they made a "2". Just like Destiny.

They should have expanded on the original. This "2" bull is just a blatant money grab.
    SBFordSupaMutantGdemami[Deleted User]acidbloodRain_Deathravengastovski1ceh430SolancerNextrix
  • RobbgobbRobbgobb Member UncommonPosts: 674
    I don't trust them after the way they dealt with exploiting in the first one. Who cares if it was built from ground up if they feel exploiting to go out of bounds and such is ok in a game with PvP.
    SupaMutantInteritusgastovski1
  • SupaMutantSupaMutant Member UncommonPosts: 136
    I trust Ubisoft less than EA.
    SBFordkillerqueerSamhaelRain_Deathravengastovski1ceh430hammercrush1984
    5|_|©|< /\/\¥ |)!©|< /\/\!|<3|3
  • 3dom3dom Member RarePosts: 889
    Lies, All Ubi games are obvious console ports - just check interfaces and controls. Although they are quality ports (good graphics, high FPS, etc.) but controls are barely compatible /usable with mouse + keyboard.
    blamo2000Nextrix

Thank you for your time!

• blamo2000blamo2000 Member RarePosts: 1,130

3dom said:

Lies, All Ubi games are obvious console ports - just check interfaces and controls. Although they are quality ports (good graphics, high FPS, etc.) but controls are barely compatible /usable with mouse + keyboard.

I 100% agree. If it has a console interface and the UI and controls are clearly made explicitly for a controller and not the far, far superior KB+M, it is a console port. No question about it.
  • MadFrenchieMadFrenchie Member LegendaryPosts: 8,505
    Sounds awesome!

Thought the launch of the first one was a let down but got better over time.  Hopefully Ubi does not pull a Bungie and go 2 for 2 in the launch letdown category and do not believe they will which is why I preordered up as I have a ton of hours in the first game.
    What, you didn't like Bungie's "9 steps back, no steps forward" approach to D2 base game? ;)
    [Deleted User]

• WizardryWizardry Member LegendaryPosts: 19,332
    So they mention features added to a port but claim it is not simply a port lmao.

To NOT be a port would mean GAMEPLAY/content being DIFFERENT than the console version.To simply add in refresh rates and sliders and VR support does NOTHING to make claim it is not a port.
    Nextrix

Never forget 3 mile Island and never trust a government official or company spokesman.

• WizardryWizardry Member LegendaryPosts: 19,332

Sounds awesome!

Thought the launch of the first one was a let down but got better over time.  Hopefully Ubi does not pull a Bungie and go 2 for 2 in the launch letdown category and do not believe they will which is why I preordered up as I have a ton of hours in the first game.

What, you didn't like Bungie's "9 steps back, no steps forward" approach to D2 base game? ;)

Could be more deceptive than just rehashing a few new skins it could be like Studio Wildcard claiming Atlas was it's own game and not a ARK mod/DLC.
    Imo as soon as you see "part 2"it will be same old,a few new maps/skins and sold as a brand new game.
    D2 SHOULD have been sold for $20-30 bucks tops as a mod/dlc and not as it's own game.When you already have the entire template/systems in place there is NO development,it is merely adding in Artist's work and calling it a new game.
    MadFrenchie

Never forget 3 mile Island and never trust a government official or company spokesman.

• proadvisorqproadvisorq Member CommonPosts: 1
    I understand that ps4 and Xbox1 crossplay currently isnt an option and i doubt that this will change in the near future but i also think that a QuickBooks Support Phone Number crossplay system similiar to fortnite`s would work in The Divison 2 Dark Zone. 
    Hey fellas…!! My name is Pro Advisor. I am a professional tech blogger and reviewer. In this life, I aim to make people aware of the new exciting gadgets and software. Since last 17 years, I am working with an QuickBooks Help Service.
  • MadFrenchieMadFrenchie Member LegendaryPosts: 8,505
    Sounds awesome!

How they screwed up a Halo looter shooter is beyond me.  I do not mind either game but I play the story then stop more or less because the grinding aspect is soooooooooooo boring in those 2 games.
    I purchased it as a bundle with all DLCs including Forsaken, and felt I got my money's worth for the campaign and all DLC content.  However, that's after bundling multiple DLCs in.  I felt bad for folks who spent $60 on the base game itself.
    [Deleted User]

• acidbloodacidblood Member RarePosts: 878
    edited January 2019

hfztt said:

They should have expanded on the original. This "2" bull is just a blatant money grab.

Please do some research... The Division 2 has massive changes and upgrades for basically every gameplay system (based on what they have shown) and takes place in an entirely new area (bigger than the first game). Sure it could have been an expansion (the real kind, not the Destiny kind), but you’d be paying $60 either way, so why keep the baggage.

As for it being a ‘PC game’... settings are always nice, but the controls are far more important. Not that I’m too worried here as The Division controls quite well with KB/M and they are ditching the clunky radial menus.

The 'economy' on the other hand is far more worrying, as based on the pre-order and special edition bonuses, and Ubisoft just being Ubisoft, I wouldn’t be surprised if it ended up feeling like a F2P mobile game (i.e. MTX, loot-boxes, and 1% RNG chances like they are going out of style).
    Phry
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.

거북이는 목을 내밀 때 안 움직입니다

• GroqstrongGroqstrong Member RarePosts: 815

hfztt said:

How you figure? The engine is all new, new world map, new tactics, new everything? The Original will be 3 years old when this gets released. Its not a MMORPG, its MMO Co-Op. Cash grabs are games like COD.
  • rodarinrodarin Member EpicPosts: 2,611
    Whenever someone says something they havent done or something isnt something it most definitely is whatever they say it isnt or they did whatever they claimed they didnt do.
  • ZilverbackZilverback Member UncommonPosts: 12
    I started playing The Division at launch on PS4, a good game with some flaws at launch wich most ppl probably remember. Im normally a PC player so i gave the game a go at PC also after 6 month on PS4 or so. And the game went from good to probably one of the best games i have ever played! And i couldnt care less if it was a port or not because for me the whole "feel" and gameplay went to a whole new league for me compared to the console version.

And same thing goes for The Division 2, really happy they made this and together with Lost Ark the game im looing forward to the most. No matter how good the original game is it do have some years on its back and to build on a working formula and making The Division 2 is for me awesome. As long as the same PC feel is still there i dont care at all if its a port or not :)

Cheers and sorry about the english...
  • ScotScot Member LegendaryPosts: 22,955
    I started playing The Division at launch on PS4, a good game with some flaws at launch wich most ppl probably remember. Im normally a PC player so i gave the game a go at PC also after 6 month on PS4 or so. And the game went from good to probably one of the best games i have ever played! And i couldnt care less if it was a port or not because for me the whole "feel" and gameplay went to a whole new league for me compared to the console version.

And same thing goes for The Division 2, really happy they made this and together with Lost Ark the game im looing forward to the most. No matter how good the original game is it do have some years on its back and to build on a working formula and making The Division 2 is for me awesome. As long as the same PC feel is still there i dont care at all if its a port or not :)

Cheers and sorry about the english...
    Welcome to the boards! :)
  • TacticalZombehTacticalZombeh Member UncommonPosts: 430
    I was lucky/smart enough to not jump into Div2 until after the big rebalance patch they put out that made the mobs a little less bullet-spongy and had a good time with the game.
    I only poked my head into a Dark Zone, immediately got it shot off by a roving gang and said 'yep, still don't like pvp' and proceeded to enjoy my pve experience.

Still, I know how Ubi is, and will once again wait and see.
  • SolancerSolancer Member UncommonPosts: 121

Vutar said:

hfztt said:

If they make expansions, money grab. If they make a new game, money grab. If they make DLC's, money grab. If they have in game stores, money grab. Monthly fee? Money grab...Is there anything that game developers can do to earn a salary and fund their projects that isn't a money grab? 

FYI, yes a dev can make good money by hold a gun to the CEO's and the executives of useless ppl up top and take their cuts, once money transfer completed, then off with their heads. See then the dev will be fill with enough money to make lots of game and living like kings. The only reason game dev is paid with peanuts are due to useless ppl up top. Once they are gone the world will live a better life for all.

Lastly, its always the useless ppl up top that ruin everything for everyone else, name one nice/good/noble executives? None on my list, however, we live in a world they are on top and will remain there to ruin ppl's lives. So labeling them all of what you said above are money grab is the full correct usage if nothing else. Didn't you know inequality in the USA is $10 dollars on the bottom while $10,000,000 million on the top? The difference is astronomical here. In today's econ their is no mid only the bottom or the high top executives, so where are you on that graph?
  • SovrathSovrath Member LegendaryPosts: 32,002
    Solancer said:

Lastly, its always the useless ppl up top that ruin everything for everyone else, name one nice/good/noble executives? None on my list, however, we live in a world they are on top and will remain there to ruin ppl's lives.
    While there are certainly "bad" people on top there are equally bad people on the bottom.

Those people who are just getting by and waiting until the clock strikes 5 and "quittin' time"

I've worked for some horrendous people on top. I've also worked for some amazing people on top.

And guess what? They have a job to do. And that job, the one they are hired to do (unless it's their own company) is to keep the company running and to keep it profitable.

I've not come across too many who weren't always working, who essentially made the company their lives. They get top buck and they have to answer for every little thing.

Sometimes gaming forums feel like kids telling their parents "I hate you! And I'm never going to be you when I grow up" only to then "grow up" and realize their parents were just doing their best and essentially had a job to do.
    Kyleran
    Like Skyrim? Need more content? Try my Skyrim mod "Godfred's Tomb." 

Godfred's Tomb Trailer: https://youtu.be/-nsXGddj_4w

Original Skyrim: https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/109547

Try the "Special Edition." 'Cause it's "Special." https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/64878/?tab=description

Serph toze kindly has started a walk-through. https://youtu.be/UIelCK-lldo 
  • HefaistosHefaistos Member UncommonPosts: 388
    not gonna fail for this one. we know the shit hit the fan and D2 has tons of bugs and problems. Hooray for alpha testers.
  • Tatsuya9411Tatsuya9411 Member UncommonPosts: 28
    yeah well,im gonna believe what i see
    cheyane
  • rojoArcueidrojoArcueid Member EpicPosts: 10,722
    edited January 2019
    hfztt said:

Only with sequels they have the freedom to make big technical improvements.

I just wish sequels today let me transfer save file from the original to continue on the sequel like games did decades ago. Skipping that has been one of the biggest let downs of modern gaming for me.

• SolancerSolancer Member UncommonPosts: 121

Sovrath said:

Solancer said:

Lastly, its always the useless ppl up top that ruin everything for everyone else, name one nice/good/noble executives? None on my list, however, we live in a world they are on top and will remain there to ruin ppl's lives.

While there are certainly "bad" people on top there are equally bad people on the bottom.

Those people who are just getting by and waiting until the clock strikes 5 and "quittin' time"

I've worked for some horrendous people on top. I've also worked for some amazing people on top.

And guess what? They have a job to do. And that job, the one they are hired to do (unless it's their own company) is to keep the company running and to keep it profitable.

I've not come across too many who weren't always working, who essentially made the company their lives. They get top buck and they have to answer for every little thing.

Sometimes gaming forums feel like kids telling their parents "I hate you! And I'm never going to be you when I grow up" only to then "grow up" and realize their parents were just doing their best and essentially had a job to do.

Profitable? Is extra $100 for a successful sale for everyone that works in the company seemingly are good enough, but hell no why not extra 10million for the top executive, if you ask me, that is exactly why those executives are working very very hard, but to screw everyone below them to make that profits.

This including under mind projects to get ride of ppl whom don't agreed to this very responsible adults of making very high profits plan(s). Hey while they at it, bite the hands(customers) that feed them too. Those hard working executives sure work extra hard even in forums, to make that happen.

Obviously, those executives make more money than 90% of the world population every could make in 10 lifetime is sure is "profitable" indeed. They could improve the world with that money? no?! Or the very least make a finish outstanding game if they want to? no?! But but those executive need to own at least 2 $100 million plus' boats so they can work extra hard. Ahh yes, those hard working executives, it amazing they are the very hard working type too.

Pretty sure for most executives don't work as hard as you clam them to be, however, if you where to say screwing their hot sexy assistants is "working hard" and that be very true, indeed. Let not talk about the good adults work 10-10 just enough to paid for all their expenses of living to make those executives that 1 billion a month an reality, right?
    Kyleran
  • goboygogoboygo Member RarePosts: 2,141
    The PC version of The Division felt like it was built from the ground up for pc players which is one of the reasons I like it so much.
    Say what?  I felt the total opposite.  It was made for console and played like a console game on PC.   Pretty much every basic PC option was missing in the settings day one.  Not sure how you came to this conclusion.