Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Blizzard Randomly Polling Hearthstone Players About Rastakhan's Rumble & the Importance of Competiti

SBFordSBFord Former Associate EditorMember LegendaryPosts: 33,129
edited January 2019 in News & Features Discussion

imageBlizzard Randomly Polling Hearthstone Players About Rastakhan's Rumble & the Importance of Competitive Play - MMORPG.com

A couple of threads have cropped up on the Hearthstone Reddit about a recent survey sent out to players. The questions cover a wide variety of topics regarding the game in general and the recently released Rastakhan's Rumble expansion in particular. A couple queries in particular piqued our interest: "How important are Blizzard sponsored Hearthstone tournaments to you?" and "If there were no Blizzard sponsored Hearthstone tournaments, how likely are you to play Hearthstone in the next 30 days?"

Read the full story here

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 

Comments

• SBFordSBFord Former Associate EditorMember LegendaryPosts: 33,129
    More cost-cutting measures. Is Blizzard putting ALL esports eggs in the aging Overwatch's basket?
    Rain_Deathraven

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 

• H0urg1assH0urg1ass Member EpicPosts: 2,380
    I got the email, I clicked the link, one of my privacy and security apps auto blocked the page, so I whitelisted the page, at which point the poll said "Thanks for voting!" and wouldn't let me click on the link again.

I didn't even really care about the poll that much cause I ditched Yawnstone about three months after launch, but I did want to read the questions at least.
  • XingbairongXingbairong Member RarePosts: 927
    Feels like Blizzard(Activision?) are trying to make the company more appealing, so that they can sell it.
    Life2v
  • WizardryWizardry Member LegendaryPosts: 19,332
    This pretty much proves how lame and CHEAP Blizzard is.
    This likely cropped up because some well known entities within the community spoke out the other night about Blizzard and tournaments,including world champion Firebat.

This will be real tough for me to explain but Blizzard should know this and should have been on the move 2 -3 years ago.
    Ok to start this seems like Blizzard's plee to get the majority of the community on their side by asking loaded questions.As of right now the "tournament" scene involves points,which means you play this game 24/7 religiously with no life and this is mostly all pro players,HS is their only job.

So to the majority,they have NO involvement in the tournament scene as is,so why would they care about the less than 1% of the community,so it is a loaded question.
    What SHOUDL be done long ago is Blizzard creates several platforms for the ENTIRE community to get involved and no not just ladder which in essence is 99% meaningless.
    This means a built in tourny UI,2 vs 2 tournies/gameplay and constant running automated mini tournaments that anyone can play.

As is the game has no business calling anyone a world champ because less than 1% can even get involved.So what the main complaints and issues were is that the community is running and promoting Blizzard's game for them,while Blizzard does VERY little.

The ONLY time Blizzard does anything is if it sees a marketing angle in it for them,like doing an all women's tournament or a college tournament but a team tourny with no team UI is just a sad effort by Blizzard.
    Life2v

Never forget 3 mile Island and never trust a government official or company spokesman.

• MadFrenchieMadFrenchie Member LegendaryPosts: 8,505
    SBFord said:
    More cost-cutting measures. Is Blizzard putting ALL esports eggs in the aging Overwatch's basket?
    Thinking this might be in response to the Twitch trajectory the game has had with esports and influencers:

https://esportsobserver.com/hearthstone-twitch-2018/

• WizardryWizardry Member LegendaryPosts: 19,332
    "State of the game"
    The state was NEVER good because of the flawed design.OTK has always ruined the interactive atmosphere of a match,dominate all game be up 30 hp to 1 and lose in one turn.Thing is when you create card mechanics and combos that are game breaking and your opponent cannot do a single thing about your plays,it is a FLAWED design.
    There are so many examples i will point to a few and if the design was more liek MTG how it wouldn't matter and wouldn't need to be nerfed EVER.

Ok so MechaCthun decks,auto play one turn,kill your own mechathun,auto win game no matter what the health totals are.In MTG you have the choice to save mana and play a counter card to that play,making the play void and no auto win.

OTK Paladin a couple variations.Here again the PLD player simply does his/her own thing and NOTHING you can do about it.You could remove certain cards entirely from the game in MTG.or counter spell cards,play instant cards all to make sure you have a fighting chance versus OP designs.There is even card removal so you could remove that winning otk play from the opponents hand.
    All in all,players should have to turn by turn EARN the victory and not simply wait for the right rng to end it.

The other PLD idea is to bounce the knights back to hand,get all 4 and auto win the game,again your opponent cannot do anything about it.They gave PLD an immune card,so no dmg taken,NOTHING you can do about it,but in MTG you could again counter that play so they cannot simply play oen card and become immune.

HS is badly designed and showing it's ugly face more now because blizzard has been printing a lot more OP cards to entice sales of card packs.This has been Blizzard's effort to the game,nerf cards,remove cards and sell cards and nothing more.

Never forget 3 mile Island and never trust a government official or company spokesman.

• gervaise1gervaise1 Member EpicPosts: 6,919
    Funding an e-sport only makes sense, from a company perspective, if it makes them money. And there has been very little evidence of e-sports "making money" for the companies involved. No sign of MLG, bought by AB in 2016, becoming the ESPN of e-sports either.

• Vigor021Vigor021 Member UncommonPosts: 12
    I miss old Blizzard...