Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Ragnarok M: Eternal Love Global Open Beta Begins in North America - MMORPG.com News

SBFordSBFord Former Associate EditorMember LegendaryPosts: 33,129
edited January 2019 in News & Features Discussion

imageRagnarok M: Eternal Love Global Open Beta Begins in North America - MMORPG.com News

North America players looking for mobile MMO action may wish to check out Gravity Interactive's Ragnarok M: Eternal Love Global. The game has entered its open beta phase and seeks to bring players the "true" Ragnarok Online experience on mobile devices.

Read the full story here

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 

Comments

• SBFordSBFord Former Associate EditorMember LegendaryPosts: 33,129
    edited January 2019
    I'd say this one's a hard pass for me for mainly for being mobile. I wonder if we'll see some of the same huge auctions like that 60k one in Indonesia here in NA?
    [Deleted User]BlueThunderBearMadFrenchie

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 

• seshsesseshses Member UncommonPosts: 67
    I really hate this mobile gaming trend companies are going for , it's a quick cash flow for them for sure
    [Deleted User]SBFordOctagon7711alkarionlogarbi15Sabrac
  • BlueThunderBearBlueThunderBear Member RarePosts: 228

SBFord said:

I'd say this one's a hard pass for me for mainly for being mobile. I wonder if we'll see some of the same huge auctions like that 60k one in Indonesia here in NA?

Do you not have phones?
    seshsesOctagon7711argonySBFord
  • SBFordSBFord Former Associate EditorMember LegendaryPosts: 33,129

SBFord said:

Do you not have phones?
    I do but I use it for...you know...calling people, not gaming. :D
    seshsesrojoArcueidBlueThunderBear

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 

• SovrathSovrath Member LegendaryPosts: 32,001

seshses said:

I really hate this mobile gaming trend companies are going for , it's a quick cash flow for them for sure

It's not really a quick cash flow. "If" a game is successful then sure but there are a LOT of games out there.

Like Skyrim? Need more content? Try my Skyrim mod "Godfred's Tomb." 

Godfred's Tomb Trailer: https://youtu.be/-nsXGddj_4w

Original Skyrim: https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/109547

Try the "Special Edition." 'Cause it's "Special." https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/64878/?tab=description

Serph toze kindly has started a walk-through. https://youtu.be/UIelCK-lldo 
  • argonyargony Member UncommonPosts: 1
    edited January 2019

SBFord said:

Do you not have phones?

XD i rly had to log in, just to appreciat that post
    SBFordBlueThunderBear
  • lahnmirlahnmir Member LegendaryPosts: 5,041
    My 60k is ready, BRING IT!

/Cheers,
    Lahnmir
    'the only way he could nail it any better is if he used a cross.'

Kyleran on yours sincerely 

'But there are many. You can play them entirely solo, and even offline. Also, you are wrong by default.'

Ikcin in response to yours sincerely debating whether or not single-player offline MMOs exist...

'This does not apply just to ED but SC or any other game. What they will get is Rebirth/X4, likely prettier but equally underwhelming and pointless. 

It is incredibly difficult to design some meaningfull leg content that would fit a space ship game - simply because it is not a leg game.

It is just huge resource waste....'

Gdemami absolutely not being an armchair developer

• SupaMutantSupaMutant Member UncommonPosts: 136
    If this was Eroge I would play it.
    5|_|©|< /\/\¥ |)!©|< /\/\!|<3|3
  • rojoArcueidrojoArcueid Member EpicPosts: 10,722
    This could have been a good Switch game. I'll pass on mobile.

• DeathboDeathbo Member UncommonPosts: 62
    This app is incompatible with all of your devices.
    Meh.
  • zaberfangxzaberfangx Member UncommonPosts: 1,796
    I try out the game it feels like very beta with limited option I was see later if is not level locked.
  • UngoodUngood Member LegendaryPosts: 7,530
    There are ways to play Mobile games on your PC, if that is what you want.

Personally, I am a gamer, which means I play games, I started out with games that came in a Box, then I played games that required that I read countless books, articles, and guides, buying miniatures, dices, and all kinds of accessories, I also played games that I plugged into my TV, and had joysticks, I played playing card games called CCG's, I played on personal computers, video game systems, kiosks, etc..

because.. I am a gamer which is not limited by the platform.

and yes.. I play mobile games as well. I don't get the rejection of them, but, if someone wants to limit their gaming enjoyment because they don't want to use a outlet platform, that is on them.

To each their own. For me..

I play for the love of the game.
    Egotism is the anesthetic that dullens the pain of stupidity, this is why when I try to beat my head against the stupidity of other people, I only hurt myself.

• laseritlaserit Member LegendaryPosts: 7,591
    Ungood said:
    There are ways to play Mobile games on your PC, if that is what you want.

Personally, I am a gamer, which means I play games, I started out with games that came in a Box, then I played games that required that I read countless books, articles, and guides, buying miniatures, dices, and all kinds of accessories, I also played games that I plugged into my TV, and had joysticks, I played playing card games called CCG's, I played on personal computers, video game systems, kiosks, etc..

because.. I am a gamer which is not limited by the platform.

and yes.. I play mobile games as well. I don't get the rejection of them, but, if someone wants to limit their gaming enjoyment because they don't want to use a outlet platform, that is on them.

To each their own. For me..

I play for the love of the game.
    I believe the rejection has more to do with the business model than the games themselves.

A couple years ago I was in the Airport waiting for my plane to Cancun. I like to spend some of the time doing crosswords on a flight. I went into an airport kiosk and bought a crossword book with 250 crosswords for $3. I had my tablet with me and I thought heh they probably have some crosswords apps for it and sure enough there was, I downloaded what looked like the most popular one with the most positive reviews. I started doing crosswords with it and I thought it was great, much more convenient than a crossword book. I started using the app and for every completed crossword the app awarded me with a coin and then after I finished 10 crosswords the app told me I needed to unlock the next one for 5 coins. You could purchase coins in the app. Doing the math, it would have cost me around $200 to do the same amount of crosswords that I had with my $3 book. 

What a joke.

The book they have to buy the paper, manufacture and physically distribute it and they are profitable selling the thing retail for $3

So for me it's definitely the business models. If I could straight up purchase games and apps with no stupid bullshit, I probably would.
    Ungood

"Be water my friend" - Bruce Lee