Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Next Fallout 76 Update to Arrive January 14th & the Next at the End of January - MMORPG.com

SBFordSBFord Former Associate EditorMember LegendaryPosts: 33,129
edited January 2019 in News & Features Discussion

imageNext Fallout 76 Update to Arrive January 14th & the Next at the End of January - MMORPG.com

The Fallout 76 site has been updated with a new developer post that offers players a bit of information about a large patch that will be deployed on January 14th. Players can look forward to fixes to Challenges and quests, as well as "various fixes to a number of Perks and weapons and tackling various exploits we've seen". 

Read the full story here

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 

Post edited by SBFord on

Comments

• IlayaIlaya Member UncommonPosts: 661
    Looking forward to get the Patches. Wish i could fast forward time.
  • yonpachiyonpachi Member UncommonPosts: 191
    I hope they fix the dupe fast. People selling those duped items for IRL cash for god sake.
    Trolldefender99
  • AlmostLancelotAlmostLancelot Member UncommonPosts: 135
    yonpachi said:
    I hope they fix the dupe fast. People selling those duped items for IRL cash for god sake.
    Too late now, the damage has been done.

Plus, and I guarantee this, the duped items already contained on characters and in stashes will NOT be removed.
    Trolldefender99
  • HazenXIIIHazenXIII Member UncommonPosts: 162

yonpachi said:

Plus, and I guarantee this, the duped items already contained on characters and in stashes will NOT be removed.

Oh god there's duped stuff now? I keep thinking about getting the game once it's not a dumpster fire, so I routinely check on patch notes, but it looks like it just keeps running itself into the ground.
  • RemyVorenderRemyVorender Member RarePosts: 3,991
    Noice.

Joined - July 2004

• maskedweaselmaskedweasel Member LegendaryPosts: 12,180
    yonpachi said:

They haven't even really addressed that it's a problem. And at this point how could they remove them? Some people paid real money for them, not knowing whether or not those items had been duped. It's completely possible to find multiples of the same item on drops too...  what's done is done.  They did this to themselves in allowing this to continue, and all this is telling people is that.. they better get all their dupes in before the 14th
    Trolldefender99

• CelciusCelcius Member RarePosts: 1,869
    RIP
    edited January 2019
    yonpachi said:

They haven't even really addressed that it's a problem. And at this point how could they remove them? Some people paid real money for them, not knowing whether or not those items had been duped. It's completely possible to find multiples of the same item on drops too...  what's done is done.  They did this to themselves in allowing this to continue, and all this is telling people is that.. they better get all their dupes in before the 14th
    Your second line is what my statement is based on.

They haven't addressed it at all, other than these ridiculous bandaid fixes they keep trying to apply, which are easily worked around in order to continue duping.

Also, item IDs in Fallout 4 and 76 are NOT unique. This is an important fact that warrants further consideration.

They have "fixed" the dupe five times already, without actually fixing it. It has been in the game since beta. Some players have millions of weight in their stashes from when you could abuse the artillery to exceed your stash limit. The list of issues is absurdly long.

When you take all of this into consideration, along with Bethesda's track record of doing nothing (or taking the lazy approach, as seen here) to fix serious glitches and bugs, it doesn't paint a pretty picture.

I highly doubt duping will end come the 14th.
    maskedweaselTrolldefender99TacticalZombehMagnumPCI
    edited January 2019
    HazenXIII said:

yonpachi said:

Oh god there's duped stuff now? I keep thinking about getting the game once it's not a dumpster fire, so I routinely check on patch notes, but it looks like it just keeps running itself into the ground.
    Now?

There has been since beta. There have been two methods for duping, both of which still work months later and have been heavily abused the entire time.

The Market76 trading reddit is completely destroyed as a result. Players who are legit and want to acquire items through trade are generally sidelined from participation because ninety percent of the traders duped large amounts of stuff and have zero need for caps.

Which means that if you don't have an extremely rare weapon to trade, that the particular trader wants, you are screwed. Caps have nearly no value as a result of the duping, because the dupers have millions of Nuka Cola's and just pop bottles until their cap limit is reached.

The above is just one of many examples of how the rampant glitch abuse, and Bethesda's inaction in regards to properly fixing the issues, has directly lead to the state of the game being less than peachy overall.

Yes, even as a fan of the game, I'd recommend waiting on your purchase.
    Trolldefender99
  • WizardryWizardry Member LegendaryPosts: 19,332
    edited January 2019
    Will we ever again see a game FINISHED and released in near perfect condition?

When i login to play FFXI the first time,no problems,15+ years later..NO problems.That doesn't mean exploits have not existed,there will always be players looking to exploit/cheat and very little can stop it but as long as the main game i play allows me to play fool proof i am happy and i have not see as such since FFXI.

There have been some single player games but obviously single player games usually are not out to scam consumers as much as online games,they make a one off sale and that is it.However online games are often running cash shops,so they want their games out very quickly to start making added $$$.so the games are  never polished or tested properly.

Never forget 3 mile Island and never trust a government official or company spokesman.

• KyleranKyleran Member LegendaryPosts: 43,507
    edited January 2019
    A couple of thoughts.

It would take little effort for Bethesda to write queries to identifying duping an remove ill-gotten gains. CCP routinely does so, but apparently Bethesda sees little need.

Which ties into my next point, in what way does anyone or everyone having hundreds of duped items or millions of caps impact anyone else's gameplay?

There's little to no player to player trading, at least in game which is the only place it matters, who cares about any impact to illegal player RMT?

There's no open world PVP, even if a level 150 has a sword of Armageddon it is of no benefit or consequence,  at level 33 I can totally ignore them.  In fact, no high level has even bothered to try and attack me, as there's no real purpose or reward.

Finally,  there is nothing to win in FO76 and if one chooses to cheat to over power themselves to where they can one shot the Scorch Queen, what is the point of playing anymore?

As always this thread is full of over blown hyperbole; even if the duping is as bad as stated (havent seen any linked proof) I would like to understand in what way it affects me or any other player.

These might be real bugs, but they aren't real problems so it might explain why Bethesda isn't rushing out or is too concerned about fixing them.

Now those spots on the map where the client freezes every time you step on them, those are a real pain as they force you to restart whatever task you are in the middle of and are of far greater concern to me than resolving duping issues. 

Had a stairway I climbed 3 times, froze and had to restart everything to continue. On the fourth attempt I went up another taller building and lept wildly across the gap to get where I needed to get in order to play a banjo on a roof top.

Music prevailed that day, and many Robots and Supermutants were unnecessarily killed due to the many restarts.

CryomatrixTrolldefender99

"True friends stab you in the front." | Oscar Wilde 

"I need to finish" - Christian Wolff: The Accountant

Just trying to live long enough to play a new, released MMORPG, playing New Worlds atm

Fools find no pleasure in understanding but delight in airing their own opinions. Pvbs 18:2, NIV

Don't just play games, inhabit virtual worlds™

"This is the most intelligent, well qualified and articulate response to a post I have ever seen on these forums. It's a shame most people here won't have the attention span to read past the second line." - Anon

• NildenNilden Member EpicPosts: 3,916

The dupes are so out of control the entire economy is fubar and people are one shot scorched queens.

Trolldefender99

"You CAN'T buy ships for RL money." - MaxBacon

"classification of games into MMOs is not by rational reasoning" - nariusseldon

Love Minecraft. And check out my Youtube channel OhCanadaGamer

Try a MUD today at http://www.mudconnect.com/ 

edited January 2019
    Nilden said:

The dupes are so out of control the entire economy is fubar and people are one shot scorched queens.

What economy? There is none, never was, not even a need for one. It's mostly a single player experience where others cannot influence anything much to detract from it.

So what if they one shot scorch queens, log off and back in and they are gone. (I've yet to even see a scorch queen yet) 

Not like you spend you life hunting scorch queens, one very small mechanic you can totally ignore, just like the economy.

Much ado about nothing, trust me on this.

maskedweaselTrolldefender99jimmywolf

Just trying to live long enough to play a new, released MMORPG, playing New Worlds atm

Fools find no pleasure in understanding but delight in airing their own opinions. Pvbs 18:2, NIV

"This is the most intelligent, well qualified and articulate response to a post I have ever seen on these forums. It's a shame most people here won't have the attention span to read past the second line." - Anon

• AlverantAlverant Member RarePosts: 1,320
    A friend at work has this game and wants to like it. Me, even if it was my thing the way it was released and the publisher's actions would have pushed me away. This practice of "release now, patch later" needs to stop. Now there is little/no incentive, apart from getting the latest shiny, to buy a game when it's new. More people will wait for the reviews and for the major fixes to be released (including any post-release microtransactions) before deciding if to buy. That's not good for the industry. Worst part is that the smaller developers would be hurt more than the major offenders who can afford to upset their fans.
  • maskedweaselmaskedweasel Member LegendaryPosts: 12,180
    Kyleran said:
    A couple of thoughts.

It would take little effort for Bethesda to write queries to identifying duping an remove ill-gotten gains. CCP routinely does so, but apparently Bethesda sees little need.

Which ties into my next point, in what way does anyone or everyone having hundreds of duped items or millions of caps impact anyone else's gameplay?

There's little to no player to player trading, at least in game which is the only place it matters, who cares about any impact to illegal player RMT?

There's no open world PVP, even if a level 150 has a sword of Armageddon it is of no benefit or consequence,  at level 33 I can totally ignore them.  In fact, no high level has even bothered to try and attack me, as there's no real purpose or reward.

Finally,  there is nothing to win in FO76 and if one chooses to cheat to over power themselves to where they can one shot the Scorch Queen, what is the point of playing anymore?

As always this thread is full of over blown hyperbole; even if the duping is as bad as stated (havent seen any linked proof) I would like to understand in what way it affects me or any other player.

These might be real bugs, but they aren't real problems so it might explain why Bethesda isn't rushing out or is too concerned about fixing them.

Now those spots on the map where the client freezes every time you step on them, those are a real pain as they force you to restart whatever task you are in the middle of and are of far greater concern to me than resolving duping issues. 

Had a stairway I climbed 3 times, froze and had to restart everything to continue. On the fourth attempt I went up another taller building and lept wildly across the gap to get where I needed to get in order to play a banjo on a roof top.

Music prevailed that day, and many Robots and Supermutants were unnecessarily killed due to the many restarts.

I'm not entirely sure it would be so simple for them to find the duplicates.  Items naturally stack with the same item numbers, they occur in the wild.  I've actually gotten the same 2 legendaries before, and a lot goes into what they look like. For example, I legit came across two All Rises, when both were at the same condition, they stacked in my inventory, now that I use them both, they don't because they're never at the same condition... but that's the same with a lot of the "duped" weapons too. 

But lets say they can still find the duped weapons, they're unique somehow, whatever it is, there's another glitch that I can confirm happens on PS4 that has to do with killing other players.  Primarily it has to do with them one shotting other players that are in Passive mode, and they somehow don't go red over it.  I'm not sure what causes it, but I've seen it at least 4 times in the past month.  While the game isn't really competitive, being able to free kill other players and take their junk is kind of a problem, and it seems like 3 out of the 4 times I've seen this happen, the perpetrator was using an explosive weapon.   The last time it was done with a knife.  Definitely a glitch of some kind.

Apart from that, yeah, there is no economy in FO76.  You simply swap to another instance if something is happening in one that you don't like, and there's a cap of 25K caps, and vendors have different items per user, with some exceptions (Items sold by players to the vendor, you can see them sometimes) so it's not like you have super wealthy players who are buying out vendors leaving players with nothing to buy.

And you're also right, as I can't one shot a scorch queen, but I can't really get hurt by her, or other enemies, and I do substantial amounts of damage to all of them, and my play time has reduced by a lot.  From playing every single day, to ..maybe I log in once a week. And I came by my weapons legitimately.  Once you get a strong enough weapon, it does feel like you've "won the game". 

• yonpachiyonpachi Member UncommonPosts: 191
    edited January 2019
    @Kyleran Which ties into my next point, in what way does anyone or everyone having hundreds of duped items or millions of caps impact anyone else's gameplay?

They lags the server. When you get placed in a same server instance with someone that has billions/trillions of duped items, you will lags ALOT and get that "Server not responding" popups so often.

I normally don't care about dupers. But they start getting on my nerves when they start affecting my gameplay.
    PhryTacticalZombeh
  • PhryPhry Member LegendaryPosts: 11,004
    While i am glad Bethesda are making some kind of effort to 'fix' things, i think people are going to have to accept that short of replacing the game engine all Bethesda are doing is playing a very inefficient game of 'bug wackamole' not only that, but if Bethesda was actually capable of fixing some of those issues, then surely they would have done so years ago in other games. :/
    edited January 2019
    yonpachi said:
    @Kyleran Which ties into my next point, in what way does anyone or everyone having hundreds of duped items or millions of caps impact anyone else's gameplay?

They lags the server. When you get placed in a same server instance with someone that has billions/trillions of duped items, you will lags ALOT and get that "Server not responding" popups so often.

I normally don't care about dupers. But they start getting on my nerves when they start affecting my gameplay.
    So it would be extremely easy for Bethesda to identify such folks and strip them of their  ill  gotten gains.

Still, this sounds like a wives tale, Bethesda claims the Stash limit of 600 was to avoid having too many items overloading DB servers and impacting performance.

Even one player with millions of duped items should overload a server to the point of total collapse. 

I have to ask, what proof can you offer that server not responding is directly caused by this? My guess it's a typical internet tall tale that tends to spread with no actual evidence. 

But then again, if you read about it on the internet, it has to be true.

:D

• Asm0deusAsm0deus Member EpicPosts: 4,407
    yonpachi said:

Your second line is what my statement is based on.

They haven't addressed it at all, other than these ridiculous bandaid fixes they keep trying to apply, which are easily worked around in order to continue duping.

Also, item IDs in Fallout 4 and 76 are NOT unique. This is an important fact that warrants further consideration.

They have "fixed" the dupe five times already, without actually fixing it. It has been in the game since beta. Some players have millions of weight in their stashes from when you could abuse the artillery to exceed your stash limit. The list of issues is absurdly long.

When you take all of this into consideration, along with Bethesda's track record of doing nothing (or taking the lazy approach, as seen here) to fix serious glitches and bugs, it doesn't paint a pretty picture.

I highly doubt duping will end come the 14th.
    LMAO sounds like thje good ole days in DDO.

Brenics ~ Just to point out I do believe Chris Roberts is going down as the man who cheated backers and took down crowdfunding for gaming.

• PhryPhry Member LegendaryPosts: 11,004
    Kyleran said:
    yonpachi said:

So it would be extremely easy for Bethesda to identify such folks and strip them of their  ill  gotten gains.

Still, this sounds like a wives tale, Bethesda claims the Stash limit of 600 was to avoid having too many items overloading DB servers and impacting performance.

Even one player with millions of duped items should overload a server to the point of total collapse. 

I have to ask, what proof can you offer that server not responding is directly caused by this? My guess it's a typical internet tall tale that tends to spread with no actual evidence. 

A bit like the one where Bethesda lost the nuke codes because they couldn't fix the server instability issues due to simultaneous nukes being used.  :p
    Phry said:
    Kyleran said:
    yonpachi said:

A bit like the one where Bethesda lost the nuke codes because they couldn't fix the server instability issues due to simultaneous nukes being used.  :p
    I did observe that nukes stopped being launched for a few evenings

Even now it seems they are being launched less, perhaps due to flagging player interest or maybe....everyone has duped so much high level gear theres no longer a need to launch nukes, clearly it must be the latter.