Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Grim Dawn Devs Take a Look Back at 2018 & Ahead to the Forgotten Gods Expansion - MMORPG.com

SBFordSBFord Former Associate EditorMember LegendaryPosts: 33,129
edited January 2019 in News & Features Discussion

imageGrim Dawn Devs Take a Look Back at 2018 & Ahead to the Forgotten Gods Expansion - MMORPG.com

The Grim Dawn site has been updated with a lengthy look back at all the game improvements and additions over the course of 2018. In addition, it provides a peek ahead at the upcoming year, most especially regarding the release of the Forgotten Gods expansion. Readers can also get a gander at some breathtaking new screenshots from the expansion and learn that the next game news update is planned for January 21st.

Read the full story here

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 

Comments

• cmacqcmacq Member UncommonPosts: 331
    edited January 2019
    Sorry but what I read on their site is that the next "news" update will come January 21st as opposed to an actual game update. There likely won't be another of those until the release of the expansion.
    Post edited by cmacq on
  • JeffSpicoliJeffSpicoli Member EpicPosts: 2,849
    I was debating between this and the unfinished Wolcen during the steam holiday sale. I threw money at Wolcen instead, Im a sucker for those graphics.
    • Aloha Mr Hand ! 

• PalebanePalebane Member RarePosts: 4,011
    Got this game over the winter sale and could not be more impressed. The spiritual successor to D2.
    JeffSpicoli

Vault-Tec analysts have concluded that the odds of worldwide nuclear armaggeddon this decade are 17,143,762... to 1.

• MajmMajm Member UncommonPosts: 14

Palebane said:

Got this game over the winter sale and could not be more impressed. The spiritual successor to D2.

One of the most overused terms in the last few years.
    Palebane
  • KajidourdenKajidourden Member EpicPosts: 3,030
    thundered said:
    I was debating between this and the unfinished Wolcen during the steam holiday sale. I threw money at Wolcen instead, Im a sucker for those graphics.
    I haven't bought into Wolcen yet and won't until it makes the transition to where the Technical Beta becomes *the* game since it is such a massive improvement over the Alpha.  

For me, it's all about the animations/combat.  I watched gameplay videos of Grim Dawn and had no interest whatsoever when I saw that all the character animations for spells are exactly the same "sticking a hand out" motion with particle effects swapped.  It looks like bush-league stuff.
    Zeneren
  • H0urg1assH0urg1ass Member EpicPosts: 2,380
    I'm honestly not a big fan of ARPG's.  Diablo 1 and 2 were good for their time.  Skipped 3 altogether.  Played torchlight 1 and 2 for a very short time but got easily bored with both.

I gave Grim Dawn a chance sort of as a last "If this one sucks, then I'm done with the genre" kind of move.

Boy does it not suck.  It's easily the best ARPG I've ever played.  I loved the aesthetics, the music, the classes and how they play extremely differently.  It's the only ARPG where I played through the game with more than one class, and enjoyed them all.

It really gives off a Warhammer vibe, which is my favorite fantasy setting of them all.  
    d_20Zeneren
  • AlexanderVendiAlexanderVendi Member UncommonPosts: 375

Aori said:

Been playing the game with my partner, we've been having fun in the grim world they created. Don't have the Ashes of Malmouth but hoping it'll be on sale when Forgotten Gods drops.

One of the best things is that the developers are 100% ok with mods and file editing, being able to reset our skills is fantastic so we don't have to keep releveling.

They added stat reset as well , it's a potion that you get as a drop.
  • d_20d_20 Member RarePosts: 1,878
    My favorite ARPG, especially now that any "Blizzard" version of Diablo is dead to me now. 

• WenchesnmeadWenchesnmead Member UncommonPosts: 35
    Titan Quest and Grim Dawn easily two of the best arpgs ever made hands down. 

I have been playing a lot of titan quest since around xmas just because I hadn't in quite a long time. 

Been spending the bulk of my time playing Titanquest and Pathfinder Kingmaker (its not as bad as some would let on but far from fucking perfect) while I wait for the new season of D3 to start.

I literally hadn't touched Titan quest since the anniversary edition came out and damn it still feels so great. 

Love the talent trees diversity of builds.

The atmosphere with the old world feel is on point and enjoy the story well enough.

Although I kind of feel they butchered Asian voices a bit. Everyone sounds like Kim jong il from team america i swear lol

But otherwise its classic and legendary.

Had been playing a lot of Grim Dawn for the past year though. 

I feel you cannot go wrong with either game at all.

I feel like both games are a steal if you pay full price let alone get them on a sale.

Always look forward to more new GD content.
    cmacq
  • PalebanePalebane Member RarePosts: 4,011
    edited January 2019
    Gorwe said:
    Palebane said:
    No. It's literally Titan Quest with another skin. It's far away from D2. Imo, the closest you'll get to D2 is Path of Exile.

As for the expansion, it feels kinda forced. Soldier probably should've had access to Ret skills from early on. But it's the same as Demo < -> Inq imo. Demo could've easily had access to Gun Dual Wield.
    I found Titan Quest slow and repetitive by contrast. Grim Dawn has a nice Hellgate flavor to it which I enjoy.

Vault-Tec analysts have concluded that the odds of worldwide nuclear armaggeddon this decade are 17,143,762... to 1.

• MyrdynnMyrdynn Member RarePosts: 2,479
    Grim Dawn to me is the best evolution of ARPG, its like Titan Quest and D2 merged to form a super game. And if you love mods, Grimarillion is hands down the best mod I have ever played, 29 classes, unlimited builds, all the d3 classes, all the titan's quest classes, the core GD classes, plus 6 unique classes that synergize with themselves or with others. Also mob scaling and boss spawning up to 6x per spot, makes for a fun loot game, but be prepared to die alot!
    Palebane
  • berlightberlight Member UncommonPosts: 345
    Grim dawn is the best arpg on the market. PoE is really really good but the endgame is one skill smash explodes everything on the screen type of game and that is the turn off for me.Grim dawn is more slow paced and usually the builds requires more than one button smash. I have more than 1000hrs in both games

Beta tester maniac