Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Bless Team - 'Players Didn't Share the View That EA was a Time for Development'

124»

Comments

• LinifLinif Member UncommonPosts: 338
    You know what Neowiz, the game failed multiple times in multiple regions. It's time to stop looking towards external factors and look within. The players were unsatisfied with paying for a product that was barely playable. I won't apologise for having that expectation.

Here's a tip for you and any game development company: Don't hype up the game using the EARLY ACCESS.
  • ScotScot Member LegendaryPosts: 22,986
    urvikarma said:
    i'm pretty confused here, people keep saying they're blaming the customers but to me it doesn't sound this way.

"However, many players didn’t share the team’s view that Early Access was still a time for development and changes. Bless Online wasn’t a final, polished product as much of the community had believed it would be, leading to a mismatch of expectations for Early Access between the development team and the players."

Sound like they're blaming communications and how we perceive EA. Keep in mind the meat around the bone has been added by mmorpg's writer which have it own view on the game. Words can be twisted easily, instead of reading this thread i would suggest looking at their actual letter and take your own view on the topic.

As for the "they released 3 times before they should've known better" i understand your point of view and also think this is unacceptable but there's also a tought that comes to mind. how many games rolled back their content without issues? 0 games that rolled back to previous version had a nice time. In most cases some of those fixes were applied 5 years ago have been forgotten.
    Welcome to the boards!

What they are doing is avoiding any blame being directed at them. This is done by suggesting that players erroneously expected a solid package at launch, while for the company it was a work in progress. The idea it was a work in progress was hardly conveyed by Bless in any way at launch.

Early Access has been a way of getting around finishing a game before you release it. Bless started a beta in 2014 (back in the days when games had betas), then started Early Access in 2018. Perhaps another four years will be enough for the beta/early access to end? Bless has damaged players perceptions of what MMOs and EA are.

Anyway when I do a welcome post I try not to bang on about the thread, so welcome!. :D
    Ungood
  • sycogenesissycogenesis Member UncommonPosts: 86
    They need to stop playing the victim the reason THIS COMPANY FAILED was not because of us it was 100% because of them. They left game breaking bugs in the game they left out crucial aspects of the game . on top of that they are completely unprofesional in how they treated the emmisarries i don't have any sympathy for them
    KyleranUngood
  • UngoodUngood Member LegendaryPosts: 7,532
    Pity, I was looking forward to this game.

But as fate would have it, I was having some provider issues, and my internet was spotty for about a week, and in that week, the game came out and flopped so hard I was apprehensive about jumping into it till it had some time to sort out it's major issues that I was hearing about, the fact they have the Audacity to now claim the problem at this point is "players expectations" and how wrong it was for players to expect a working game at this point is making me glad I passed on this train wreck.
    Egotism is the anesthetic that dullens the pain of stupidity, this is why when I try to beat my head against the stupidity of other people, I only hurt myself.

• GeezerGamerGeezerGamer Member EpicPosts: 8,855
    What exactly do they think F2P is going to do for them? If the game is not worth spending money on, it's not worth spending money on. B2P vs F2P is a moot point if there is no value in the game.
  • UngoodUngood Member LegendaryPosts: 7,532
    What exactly do they think F2P is going to do for them? If the game is not worth spending money on, it's not worth spending money on. B2P vs F2P is a moot point if there is no value in the game.
    I dunno.. in games like Bless, with the hyper-sexualized models they have, they might have a whole market share of pent up and frustrated gamers that would spend some cash to make their toon look like a tramp and dance for them.

Just saying.
    Egotism is the anesthetic that dullens the pain of stupidity, this is why when I try to beat my head against the stupidity of other people, I only hurt myself.

• VrikaVrika Member LegendaryPosts: 7,888
    When you release a a B2P game you'll get some people who buy it just to test it and notice it's not worth playing.

When you transform it into F2P you'll again get some people more who test it, and some of those will also buy stuff before they become bored and decide it's not worth playing.

If you think of it as a way to milk as much money out of a failure as possible, then it makes sense.
    Kyleran

• MrMelGibsonMrMelGibson Member EpicPosts: 3,033
    edited October 2018
    itchmon said:
    I think a ff14 style mea culpa would have gone a long way with the bless community who seems to feel jilted (i havent tried it personally). They went with an excuse instead.

That said, ff14 does prove its possible for an mmo to become really good after a rework.
    The only problem is a rework costs a lot of $. I have a feeling the Bless team isn't as deep pocketed as SE. But stranger things have happened. 
    Post edited by MrMelGibson on
  • WBadgerWBadger Member RarePosts: 375
    Ungood said:
    I dunno.. in games like Bless, with the hyper-sexualized models they have, they might have a whole market share of pent up and frustrated gamers that would spend some cash to make their toon look like a tramp and dance for them.

Just saying.
    I imagine those pent up gamers are mostly pent up because Scarlet Blade closed.  If only it was still open for those guys
    Ungood
  • KyleranKyleran Member LegendaryPosts: 43,508
    There is a sizable market of gamers who will never buy a game  nor pay for a sub fee yet offer them a cash shop and they'll spend profusely.

Actual game quality isn't that important,  at least in the short term.
    Gobstopper3DScot

"True friends stab you in the front." | Oscar Wilde 

"I need to finish" - Christian Wolff: The Accountant

Just trying to live long enough to play a new, released MMORPG, playing New Worlds atm

Fools find no pleasure in understanding but delight in airing their own opinions. Pvbs 18:2, NIV

Don't just play games, inhabit virtual worlds™

"This is the most intelligent, well qualified and articulate response to a post I have ever seen on these forums. It's a shame most people here won't have the attention span to read past the second line." - Anon

• VorthanionVorthanion Member RarePosts: 2,749
    jitter77 said:

Is this seriously their excuse? They had years in other countries to develop the game and didn’t / couldn’t. This just shows how bad they are if this is the excuse they’re giving

This is what i dont understand. The game has been out for years already. The had years to tweak things. Not sure how they can blame the players. On the flip side players to not beta test or send feed back as they should. Most players use beta / EA as a trial to see if they want to buy the game instead of giving the company feedback.
    They get what they pay for.....oh, that's right, most companies now charge us for the privilege of testing their products for them, then wonder why most just screw around for the early access instead of testing.

• k61977k61977 Member EpicPosts: 1,503
    And this points to the one of the biggest problems behind EA. It isn't the customers in this case, sometimes yeah that is an actual beef, but not on this one. If you have already launched your game in other countries, then you are pushing the boundaries for an EA game. It could still fall in that group depending on just how much you have to change the game as far as languages ect...but not core game mechanics. If you have a cash shop open and taking peoples money it isn't EA access, that is just double dipping on the people that are supporting the game, falls more into a soft launch.

EA has been great and horrible at the same time. It has allowed some smaller devs to make games that they wouldn't have been able to make if they had went to private funding where the funders are calling the shots. It has also led to developers using it as an excuse for when they just make a bad game or try and go to far out of their own scopes and crash and burn. They use it as an excuse to why they couldn't do what they wanted to do when EA is exactly for the opposite. To be honest I think the bad have truly outweighed the good in the last few years with EA titles.