Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Ana's Bastet Challenge Limited Time Event Begins Today in Overwatch - MMORPG.com

SBFordSBFord Former Associate EditorMember LegendaryPosts: 33,129
edited January 2019 in News & Features Discussion

imageAna's Bastet Challenge Limited Time Event Begins Today in Overwatch - MMORPG.com

Overwatch has been updated with a new limited time event called Ana's Bastet Challenge that is based on her recently released short story. During the event, players can win special rewards in addition to the normal reward boxes. The event runs from today through January 21st and offers players a chance at five sprays, a player icon, a victory pose and the epic Bastet Ana skin.

Read the full story here

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 

Comments

• SBFordSBFord Former Associate EditorMember LegendaryPosts: 33,129
    Oh this is awesome :) Gotta log Overwatch now! :)

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 

Why would you give away something for watching streamers...would you not rather have people playing your game instead of watching it?

This new generation of kids confuses me like in the south park episode.
    We old coots can just:

1. Turn on Twitch
    2. Log in
    3. Find approved channel
    4. Mute sound
    5. Minimize window for hours
    6. Open a new window for regular surfing
    [Deleted User]Gentrifried_Chicken

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 

• darkrain21darkrain21 Member UncommonPosts: 383
    This is what classifies as a "Challenge" now? Lazy way to increase viewers on the game in a time where OW is under a lot of pressure.
    bobbymcswanson
  • LobotomistLobotomist Member EpicPosts: 5,963
    LGBTwatch

I love the game, but sadly it seems it has fallen on hard times as rest of Blizzard. They are trying everything possible to rake up as much attention and money without actually putting additional work.

All Blizz games seem to have reduced teams now, and probably not only that but also a giant gun on their heads - "make more money - or"

edited January 2019
    LGBTwatch

I love the game, but sadly it seems it has fallen on hard times as rest of Blizzard. They are trying everything possible to rake up as much attention and money without actually putting additional work.

All Blizz games seem to have reduced teams now, and probably not only that but also a giant gun on their heads - "make more money - or"
    "LGBTwatch" meaning...you're offended at Soldier 76? I mean...he's not the first canonically gay character in OW. Did you miss Tracer over 2 years ago? 

Blizzard doesn't put this "in your face" and doesn't make it a big issue or the centerpiece of his character. What's to be offended by? Kinda flies in the face of using it as a way to make money, not to mention that it doesn't change gameplay one bit.

The event looks fun, IMO, and I'll be playing. :)

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 

This is what classifies as a "Challenge" now? Lazy way to increase viewers on the game in a time where OW is under a lot of pressure.
    It's "viewership" for 5 sprays. The rest is earned in-game on a special map / event. 

I don't care about sprays so Twitch viewing is a pass for me. I'll play instead to earn the 3 things in game. Pretty sure the vast majority of OW fans will do the same so not sure how it'll increase viewers.

That said, I hope they keep adding story-based content like this. Maybe it's stuff like that that's paving the way to Overwatch 2. :D

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 

• Rain_DeathravenRain_Deathraven Member UncommonPosts: 87
    I don't play Overwatch until thei make an shemale caracter.
  • ThaneThane Member EpicPosts: 3,534
    I don't play Overwatch until thei make an shemale caracter.
    well, you always have division, eh? :)

seriously, you kids have some issues.
    SBFord

"I'll never grow up, never grow up, never grow up! Not me!"

• XasapisXasapis Member RarePosts: 6,337
    The timing of the emphasis put on Soldier's 76 sexual preferences were suspiciously close to the blunder on the OW professional league.

Both the above are off topic.