Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

World of Warcraft 8.1.5 - Zandalari, Kul Tirans & Wintergrasp Making a Comeback - MMORPG.com

SBFordSBFord Former Associate EditorMember LegendaryPosts: 33,129
edited January 2019 in News & Features Discussion

imageWorld of Warcraft 8.1.5 - Zandalari, Kul Tirans & Wintergrasp Making a Comeback - MMORPG.com

World of Warcraft's Public Test Realm has been updated for players to try out patch 8.1.5 that contains some fantastic new additions to Battle for Azeroth. Of particular note is the arrival (FINALLY) of the Zandalari and Kul Tiran Allied Races. In unexpected news, developers have announced that Wintergrasp will be joining the Epic Battleground Queue -- a player favorite from Wrath of Lich King.

Read the full story here

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 

Comments

• SBFordSBFord Former Associate EditorMember LegendaryPosts: 33,129
    Oh...WINTERGRASP! That's actually great news and the first thing in months that piqued my interest in WoW! :)
    swaghole

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 

• SBFordSBFord Former Associate EditorMember LegendaryPosts: 33,129
    Oh @parrotpholk it IS sad, but I still love that it's coming back. :)

The profession quests from what I understand are designed to make them as viable as gathering but we all know how that's gone in the past!

At least with the Zandalari coming I can finally use my stockpile of gold to race / faction change my Nelf Druid. :)

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 

• halfmystichalfmystic Member RarePosts: 535
    Eh..

I'm playing WoW currently but I can't say this news excites me really. Another allied race to level from 20 to 120 and an old battle ground. 

Okay.
    natpickMargrave
  • AlbatroesAlbatroes Member LegendaryPosts: 7,671
    edited January 2019
    Acti-Blizz's new slogan needs to be "Better late than never" Most of this expansion so far has been mostly QoL stuff that either should've been in the expansion at the start or in the game 5+ years ago (yeah I'm talking to you rep 'update').
    SBFord[Deleted User]
  • Viper482Viper482 Member LegendaryPosts: 4,064
    Reverse the GCD changes and I'll think about it
    SBFordnatpickThaharceh430
    Make MMORPG's Great Again!
  • KalebGraysonKalebGrayson Member RarePosts: 430
    edited January 2019
    Imagine starting Burning Crusade and there being no Draeni or Blood Elves until the equivalent of 8.1.5. lol BFA is a disaster. Hope they are all aboard on the next expansion.
  • AlbatroesAlbatroes Member LegendaryPosts: 7,671

Imagine starting Burning Crusade and there being no Draeni or Blood Elves until the equivalent of 8.1.5. lol BFA is a disaster. Hope they are all aboard on the next expansion.

Better yet, they were rep gated as well.
  • DragnelusDragnelus Member EpicPosts: 3,503

• GameolioDanGameolioDan Member UncommonPosts: 50
    .... Wintergrasp in the BG queue ....... at last! :)
    SBFord
    G'day! Aussie guy that records videos of his gameplay. I stream gameplay too.

Youtube: http://youtube.com/c/gameoliodan
    Twitch: http://twitch.tv/gameoliodan
  • KooturKootur Member UncommonPosts: 352
    Feel like wow is just doing the same thing over and over agin. Where is the innovation?
  • natpicknatpick Member UncommonPosts: 271
    all blizzard need to do is take a step back,read some feedback and take a long look at what is going wrong,this is what most of us would do right?well blizz wont there just keep making poor decisions.
    Viper482
  • XingbairongXingbairong Member RarePosts: 927

It is my belief that they will go all out with the next expansion.  They could have milked this cow for 10 more years but will manage to make it a 2 legged, no milk giving cow in the next year.  

I hold to my previous comments that the old Blizzard is dead and gone but I also think that they horrible year that was 2018 will motivate them to at least try and make whatever comes next the last gasp ultimate experience.

I believe that they will try really hard as well for no other reason, but the fact that WoW is basically Blizzard... I know that games like Diablo and Warcraft(even lost vikings) created Blizzard, but WoW has become the flagship and if they abandon it, it kinda feels like all their IPs will burn down with WoW.
    I'm confident that the next expansion will be better than this one because they finally learned that no one wants to farm AP crap... that's why they are basically removing it(hopefully) later in this expansion.

One major issue they will probably face is the story... I can't see it going anywhere. Perhaps abolish Horde/Alliance and make mix race alliances... at least the current plot makes it possible.

Sigh the more I think about it the more depress I get because I realize that it's almost impossible to make WoW good again after Legion and BfA...

Well we will have Vanilla soon at least.
  • ZorgoZorgo Member UncommonPosts: 2,254
    edited January 2019

Good to see that the allied races are finally going in. If I was playing would love to make a fat beer drinking Kul Tiran.

Until you saw what you had to do to unlock them. Pick a toon that you don't really want to get attached to because it isn't your 'main', then complete 99% of the content to unlock your main, so that you can face the exact same content you just played ad nauseum to unlock the actual character you wanted to play from the start. <---- My biggest gripe about this expansion.
  • MachkeznhoMachkeznho Member UncommonPosts: 424

Zorgo said:

Good to see that the allied races are finally going in. If I was playing would love to make a fat beer drinking Kul Tiran.

Until you saw what you had to do to unlock them. Pick a toon that you don't really want to get attached to because it isn't your 'main', then complete 99% of the content to unlock your main, so that you can face the exact same content you just played ad nauseum to unlock the actual character you wanted to play from the start. <---- My biggest gripe about this expansion. </div>

This is ultimately what drove me away as well, just a tedious awful grind when really the only excitement was to play the new races, utter shame.
  • BarelyEinsteinBarelyEinstein Member UncommonPosts: 247
    My friend died yesterday, we played together since launch and I just can't imagine playing without him. I'm kinda lost.
  • ThaneThane Member EpicPosts: 3,534
    not sure why they keep adding pvp battlegrounds, when they promised war on a world scale base.
    this pve they gave us instead for warfronts, was just annoying.

but hey, there need to be games for pve players too, ait? bc there are sooooo little, poor pve players

"I'll never grow up, never grow up, never grow up! Not me!"

• nastilonnastilon Member UncommonPosts: 150
    I would resub to play a Zandalari druid. I will not resub to grind reputation on a different character I do not want to play, in order to play as said character.

I find the whole notion of reputation-gated races to be the height of customer-disrespect.
    [Deleted User]
  • hallucigenocidehallucigenocide Member RarePosts: 1,015
    edited January 2019
    Albatroes said:
    Acti-Blizz's new slogan needs to be "Better late than never" Most of this expansion so far has been mostly QoL stuff that either should've been in the expansion at the start or in the game 5+ years ago (yeah I'm talking to you rep 'update').
    Well I have it on good authority, i.e. I just made it up, that they had the races all ready to go at launch but their dog ate the code.

And I guess I'm the only person here that hated wintergrasp. To me it was the turning point for Wow BGs no longer being fun.
    we had guilds on both sides dedicated to wintergrasp back in the day so that was a ton of fun because it was never as one sided as i imagine it can be on servers where they just do it casually.

was pretty excited about the Kul Tiran race til i saw that awful heritage armor.

I had fun once, it was terrible.

• KalebGraysonKalebGrayson Member RarePosts: 430
    My friend died yesterday, we played together since launch and I just can't imagine playing without him. I'm kinda lost.
    Very sorry for your loss.
  • Train-WreckTrain-Wreck Member CommonPosts: 5

nastilon said:

I would resub to play a Zandalari druid. I will not resub to grind reputation on a different character I do not want to play, in order to play as said character.

I find the whole notion of reputation-gated races to be the height of customer-disrespect.

Rep gating the allied races is a complete garbage idea. As someone who did the rep grind on the Horde side, I am having a really hard time getting motivated to do any kind of rep grind on my Alliance toon and I really want to level up a Kul-Tiran.
  • AlmostLancelotAlmostLancelot Member UncommonPosts: 135
    Too little, too late.
  • esc-joconnoresc-joconnor Member RarePosts: 1,097
    edited January 2019

Albatroes said:

Better yet, they were rep gated as well.

There were the other 6 allied races that came out at launch. They are just reskins, but with enough actual changes to make them worthwhile in my opinion. I'm an altaholic, so I think they are made for people like me. :D

Kootur said:

Feel like wow is just doing the same thing over and over agin. Where is the innovation?

I don't know what company you are thinking of, this is Blizzard, they are known for polish, not innovation ;) Don't know how long that will be true though XD

Zorgo said:

Until you saw what you had to do to unlock them. Pick a toon that you don't really want to get attached to because it isn't your 'main', then complete 99% of the content to unlock your main, so that you can face the exact same content you just played ad nauseum to unlock the actual character you wanted to play from the start. <---- My biggest gripe about this expansion.

I'm of mixed mind on this. I think the things you have to work for you appreciate more. And the Allied Races I think are slightly better then the standard ones, another kind of progression I guess. The trip to level up the second character is a lot quicker than the first, less than half time maybe? A lot of things start unlocked, Incursions, Island Expeditions, unlocked outposts.

What I think they messed up is the heritage armor. You loose it if you level boost AT ALL, one level from recruit a friend? Gone. Pay Blizzard 80 bucks to boost. Gone. How are those good business decisions? I think they only unlock one of the datamined colours currently, so how about giving you one colour with your new race, give you another one for reaching 120, and a bonus one for doing it with no boosting maybe?

Looking at how Activision is treating all of Blizzards other games I wonder how WoW will end up. Maybe instead of promoting a programmer or artist to management they should hire some kind of product management consultant or something. Or do they have courses on getting clues? XD
  • esc-joconnoresc-joconnor Member RarePosts: 1,097

nastilon said:

Rep gating the allied races is a complete garbage idea. As someone who did the rep grind on the Horde side, I am having a really hard time getting motivated to do any kind of rep grind on my Alliance toon and I really want to level up a Kul-Tiran.
    That will be a bit of a drag. The factions for the 2 new races have less options for getting rep. Only WQ, Emissaries, Follower missions and one Incursion every 6 days. 7th Legion or Honorbound had the above plus Island Expeditions, Warfronts, and all opposite faction Incursions. That's from my understanding anyway. Then again without really trying I am pretty high in Zandalar already. Just decided to quest primarily in their zone.