Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Remember Rift?..Trion

WizardryWizardry Member LegendaryPosts: 19,332
This might be old news to some but was news to me even though it is a year old.
This video talks about how Trion actually tried to save itself with $100 loot boxes..insane !!

Trion managed to stay out of the heated debates well because it  had so few players.

This is mostly to remind people that developers do NOT care about you as a customer ,they would sell their own children to make a buck.

This also reminds us how far devs will go if there are no laws to protect dumb consumers.The problem is it extends beyond dumb consumers because if enough people/gamer's support cash shops,it forces every other gamer to take part or stop playing games or find the very few legit devs who are not out to scam consumers.

Never forget 3 mile Island and never trust a government official or company spokesman.

Gdemami

Comments

• ScorchienScorchien Member LegendaryPosts: 8,914

Cmon Stop it man .. It was not Trions Greed

Or there lying to the community ..

Or the Bait and  Switch tactics...

Or the blatant Cash Grabs

Or the Mishandling of there IPs that flew right in the face and crys of the active community ..

Rifts and Trions  downfall was .............................

FORTNITE ...

Havent you heard

MadFrenchie[Deleted User][Deleted User]
  • MadFrenchieMadFrenchie Member LegendaryPosts: 8,505
    This thread is going places.  I can feel it.

• Hawkaya399Hawkaya399 Member RarePosts: 620
    edited January 2019
    The OP is right. Most companies will do whatever they can to make a buck. This topic is not limited to $100 loot boxes or p2w. It extends to broadening the gameplay or user interface to attract a larger audience--at the cost of betraying your core players. It extends to frequent handouts, like experience boosts or higher rewards for equal effort, even if it greatly mudflates the game. They'll do all this, even if they have to sell the soul of the game. This is business. Business doesn't love us. It's not family. It's a machine.

I think all of this trully hit home when I was playing Anarchy Online about 7 years ago. I already knew about all this, but I didn't know much about Anarchy Online. I looked into its history and that's when I discovered the changes htey made in patches and the Shadowlands expansion. They tried to attract EQ players, at the cost of  betraying their own. It was all a cash grab. AFter seeing this, it only cemented in me the knowledge commercial business is a machine and not a friend. When you find yourself loving a game or MMO, realize it can all change with one single update. It's like a alcoholic father. Sometimes he comes home and is friendly. But you're never sure it'll stay that way. You learn to love and hate and create separation.
    Post edited by Hawkaya399 on
    Gdemami