Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

The List: The Most Anticipated MMOs of 2019

124»

Comments

• RenfailRenfail Member EpicPosts: 1,638
    edited January 2019
    Rhoklaw said:
    Renfail said:

Rhoklaw said:

Kyleran said:

Another year of no MMORPGs releasing, well none I'm actually interested in.

Fortunately,  plenty of depth in my Steam and GOG libraries,  still enjoying FO76, want to return to NMS, always still E:D waiting in the wings and who knows CCP might surprise me.

Oh yes, and the Phoenix is rising on Jan 12th.

B)

Oh, I'll be on Phoenix for sure. I'll probably check out CU and SoL as well, IF they launch this year.

We won't be launching this year. You'll know when we are ready, as we'll have an official press release and statement from sagaoflucimia.com and our associated social media/newsletter/etc.
    No worries. At this point, I think most of us are used to waiting.

We're waiting right alongside everyone. Nothing on the market that any of us really want to play MMORPG-wise, although there are a TON of great console games to feed the gaming need (this year was phenomenal with God of War, RDR2, Spider Man, I'm currently working my way through AC: Odyssey, and my brother and I are waiting patiently for Anthem to drop as we happily pre-ordered and are looking forward to February). 

The only titles that our team are actively interested in are Star Citizen/Squadron 42, and Pantheon. And of course, our own game. Beyond that, we're dabbling from time to time in older titles. LOTRO Legendary presently, and we're set to head into WOW Classic this summer with our community. 

Crowfall, CU, AoC and others are great titles in their own right, to be sure, but they feature PvP so aren't really on our list of "games we want to play". 
    [Deleted User]
    Tim "Renfail" Anderson | Wandering Hermits Patreon
  • RenfailRenfail Member EpicPosts: 1,638
    Kyleran said:
    Rhoklaw said:
    Renfail said:

Rhoklaw said:

Kyleran said:

Fortunately,  plenty of depth in my Steam and GOG libraries,  still enjoying FO76, want to return to NMS, always still E:D waiting in the wings and who knows CCP might surprise me.

B)

Oh, I'll be on Phoenix for sure. I'll probably check out CU and SoL as well, IF they launch this year.

We won't be launching this year. You'll know when we are ready, as we'll have an official press release and statement from sagaoflucimia.com and our associated social media/newsletter/etc.
    No worries. At this point, I think most of us are used to waiting.
    True, along with the fact SoL never solicited funds using blatantly false pretext such as was done by almost every other crowd funded / indie developer out there.

Didn't you get the memo? Our Early Access is only there as a scam to fund our private island purchases, and we're going to eke it out for another few years until we pull the rug out from under everyone and run off with everyone's money.

ScotTacticalZombehkitaradmmolouKyleran[Deleted User]cheyane
    Tim "Renfail" Anderson | Wandering Hermits Patreon
  • RegnorRegnor Member UncommonPosts: 112
    There's enough diversity here that something will probably catch my fancy upon release, but I have to admit, nothing excites me in the way such impending releases used to. Part of it is the tired old reliance on formulaic themes. Yet another survival game, and for god's sakes, why so many PvP titles is beyond me. non-consensual PvP is so niche. None of the most successful MMOs (Wow, ESO, FFXIV) require you to submit to non-consensual PvP. There's a reason for that.
    [Deleted User]

Men do not stop playing because they grow old. They grow old because they stop playing. -- Oliver Wendell Holmes

• AreteoAreteo Member UncommonPosts: 55

Ugh, none of these options are appealing to me. What a bleak landscape.

Yep.
    NorseGod
  • AlbredAlbred Member UncommonPosts: 48
    Camelot Unchained won't come out this decade, Crowfall won't come out this decade, Lost Ark won't come to the West this year, A:IR is DoA, Bless is already dead, Torchlight...

Looking forward to 2020.
    NorseGodtweedledumb99
  • HatefullHatefull Member EpicPosts: 2,502

Kyleran said:

Rhoklaw said:

Kyleran said:

B)

Midgard for me, look for the Skald who really cheap shots everyone else's kills.

;)

Wait...what? Is DAoC doing something?

If you want a new idea, go read an old book.

In order to be insulted, I must first value your opinion.

• KyleranKyleran Member LegendaryPosts: 43,498
    Hatefull said:

Kyleran said:

Rhoklaw said:

Kyleran said:

B)

Midgard for me, look for the Skald who really cheap shots everyone else's kills.

;)

Wait...what? Is DAoC doing something?
    No,  but someone is doing something new with DAOC

"True friends stab you in the front." | Oscar Wilde 

"I need to finish" - Christian Wolff: The Accountant

Just trying to live long enough to play a new, released MMORPG, playing New Worlds atm

Fools find no pleasure in understanding but delight in airing their own opinions. Pvbs 18:2, NIV

Don't just play games, inhabit virtual worlds™

"This is the most intelligent, well qualified and articulate response to a post I have ever seen on these forums. It's a shame most people here won't have the attention span to read past the second line." - Anon

• mgilbrtsnmgilbrtsn Member EpicPosts: 3,430
    If all those games don't offer something that might appeal, then I think there are many ppl who don't want to find something. (At least in the fantasy sphere). This list has a bit of everything. Sandox to theme to survival. It has AAA and upstarts. The list goes on.

I recommend ppl stop looking for the perfect game (which doesn't exist) and find some enjoyment in something slightly less than perfect.
    craftseeker

I self identify as a monkey.

• wgc01wgc01 Member UncommonPosts: 241
    edited January 2019
    Camelot Unchained I did buy into it a long long time ago and have done some testing but really nothing even CU has no oh I can't wait factor not really excited about 2019 maybe there will be a sleeper in there some where that will surprise me.
  • ThaloreThalore Member UncommonPosts: 10
    I got super excited when I saw SpongeBob , I thought there was a sponge bob mmo coming out. Damn that would be awesome.
  • WizardryWizardry Member LegendaryPosts: 19,332
    wgc01 said:
    Camelot Unchained I did buy into it a long long time ago and have done some testing but really nothing even CU has no oh I can't wait factor not really excited about 2019 maybe there will be a sleeper in there some where that will surprise me.
    A "SLEEPER" is about how i would sum it up if any game comes out really good,i defintitley am not seeing it right now.

I am not trying to knock others opinions but when i see Spiderman as a potential GOTY or even top 20,i am thinking,that was a REALLY bad year for games.Then i look at the design,fly around through the trees,then start with ridiculous ADD type combat and i look over at Anthem, i see the exact same thing.

It seems there ar VERY few gimmicks going around the entire industry,a Hero,flying,survival,Esport,cash shops,crowd funding,heavy marketing,loot boxes,hand holding markers, i think about raps up game design in this era.

perhaps there is an argument that most creative ideas have already been thought of so now it is a long period of rinse and repeat.I say no way in hell,i personally could think of TONS of ideas in almost every game i see come out and i just one person,i feel devs are not even trying to give us a good effort,just bare bones get it out for sale.

Never forget 3 mile Island and never trust a government official or company spokesman.

• craftseekercraftseeker Member RarePosts: 1,740
    mgilbrtsn said:
    If all those games don't offer something that might appeal, then I think there are many ppl who don't want to find something. (At least in the fantasy sphere). This list has a bit of everything. Sandox to theme to survival. It has AAA and upstarts. The list goes on.

I recommend ppl stop looking for the perfect game (which doesn't exist) and find some enjoyment in something slightly less than perfect.
    What a Pollyanna statement, it is not that we are being pessimistic and seeing the glass as half empty, while you see it as half full.

What many of us are saying is that it is not water in that glass and I wouldn't drink it if I was you.
  • anemoanemo Member RarePosts: 1,903
    Will try Lucima because I'm curious how the devs will be designing around intentional downtimes.  Even the large ones like waiting for guildies.

And will probably be revisiting Worlds Adrift at some point.  To see how their servers with PvP areas (instead of everywhere) turned out.

Practice doesn't make perfect, practice makes permanent.

"At one point technology meant making tech that could get to the moon, now it means making tech that could get you a taxi."

• paulythebpaulytheb Member UncommonPosts: 363
    Crowfall looks like it is coming along nicely. It will be PvP heavy at the start of it's life cycle. I imagine there will be more and more activities patched in over time to help keep the PvP boredom at bay.
    It does have my attention. I plan on crafting and stacking wealth more than PvPing myself, but who knows exactly how that will turn out.

Remember they want to get their world generation and PvP game all finished and then they will be able to expand the opportunities in game play after that.

If they do their Eternal Kingdoms right, the building aspect of the game holds a great deal of appeal and potential. It is kinda Sad that EQ2 is still kind of the gold standard in player housing. Crowfall has the potential for much more.
    KyleranConstantineMerus

( Note to self-Don't say anything bad about Drizzt.)

An acerbic sense of humor is NOT allowed here.

• KoviaKovia Member UncommonPosts: 5
    edited January 2019
    Camelot Unchained: Dead game, it wont even release, its been developm6ent for far to long which far too much hype.

Crowfall: Too involved for your average gamer, wont survive if it does release.

Lost Ark: Just another korean hack and slash, dead game

Ascent: Infinite Realm: Bless reskinned, wont survive

Bless Unleashed: This should not even be on the list, NOBODYin anticipating this, this game has died 3 times already, releasing on xbox wont make any difference

Torchlight Frontiers: This is a perfect world game, p2w cash shop, wont survive.

New World: This has balancing problems that are near impossible to fix as a result it wont last.

Saga of Lucimia: The survival of this game is based purely on its "going back to mmo roots" mentality, but it wont be around by 2021 if it releases in 2019
    Octagon7711Gdemami[Deleted User]
  • seshsesseshses Member UncommonPosts: 67

Rhoklaw said:

Kyleran said:

Rhoklaw said:

Kyleran said:

B)

;)

Albion for me, lol. I'm sure I'll die a lot because everyone hates Sorcerers. Looking forward to getting smashed by a bunch of Left Axes.

Didnt Dark age of camelot launch a new server a few days ago , i think am ganna go check it out , am so bored lately
  • Octagon7711Octagon7711 Member LegendaryPosts: 9,000
    Not a lot to anticipate in 2019.  I just hope they improve the ones that are already out there.

"We all do the best we can based on life experience, point of view, and our ability to believe in ourselves." - Naropa      "We don't see things as they are, we see them as we are."  SR Covey

• AeliousAelious Member RarePosts: 3,521
    Wake me up when there is a title that starts me out with nothing but rags, starts me in a little town... and that's it. I'll take it from there.
  • lahnmirlahnmir Member LegendaryPosts: 5,041
    Aelious said:
    Wake me up when there is a title that starts me out with nothing but rags, starts me in a little town... and that's it. I'll take it from there.
    Welcome to Atlas! Be sure to start in a Freeport  ;)

/Cheers,
    Lahnmir
    Aelious
    'the only way he could nail it any better is if he used a cross.'

Kyleran on yours sincerely 

'But there are many. You can play them entirely solo, and even offline. Also, you are wrong by default.'

Ikcin in response to yours sincerely debating whether or not single-player offline MMOs exist...

'This does not apply just to ED but SC or any other game. What they will get is Rebirth/X4, likely prettier but equally underwhelming and pointless. 

It is incredibly difficult to design some meaningfull leg content that would fit a space ship game - simply because it is not a leg game.

It is just huge resource waste....'

Gdemami absolutely not being an armchair developer

• AeliousAelious Member RarePosts: 3,521
    lahnmir said:
    Aelious said:
    Welcome to Atlas! Be sure to start in a Freeport  ;)

/Cheers,
    Lahnmir
    Errm, no, sorry. If I was going to play a survival game I would look forward to New World. I should have added the exclusion of survival titles. Nothing that requires punching a tree. ;)
    lahnmir
  • ksternalksternal Member UncommonPosts: 85

Yes at this point Crowfall is way too complex for a new gamer. I am starting to get concerned with the lack of things to do. At this point all they have is grinding resources and pvp (which I love PvP). Just worried about the longevity of the game.

I fully agree with you about it looking like a very heavy PvP game. Sadly for people like myself who enjoys playing support class toons I will always be looked at first by my enemy to be gutted.
    [Deleted User]anemo