Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

EA Reveals Anthem System Specs Ahead of Next Month's Release - MMORPG.com

Comments

• moosecatlolmoosecatlol Member RarePosts: 1,530
    Anthem at least has slightly more depth to their combat when compared to Destiny 2 or Warframe. If it manages to run as smooth as Destiny 2(Which I expect it will) then it might actually be a contender assuming the Financial Department doesn't muck everything up.

My issue with Destiny and Anthem is that their "Super Abilities" are EXTREMELY sterilized and boring.

Downside is that it might actually be a fun game, but EA has some of the worst marketing departments known to man. I want this game to be good, and to succeed from a genre standpoint. At the same time I want EA to bleed a bit more.
  • BananableBananable Member UncommonPosts: 194
    edited January 2019
    ESptimization even worse than MEA, whata surprise >.>

Mass Effect: Andromeda - Recommended PC specs
    Processor: Intel Core i7-4790 or AMD FX-8350
    Memory: 16 GB RAM
    Graphics card: NVIDIA GTX 1060 3GB or AMD RX 480 4GB
    Hard Drive Space: At least 55 GB of free space
    DirectX: DirectX 11
    Mass Effect: Andromeda - Minimum PC specs
    Processor: Intel Core i5 3570 or AMD FX-6350
    Memory: 8 GB RAM
    Graphics card: NVIDIA GTX 660 2GB or AMD Radeon 7850 2GB
    Hard Drive Space: At least 55 GB of free space
    DirectX: DirectX 11

Arterius said:

I am not that great with computers but I am pretty sure I will be able to play this game at max setting at 1080p so not to bad

Im not good iether, but pretty sure anybody can run any game in 1080p....who cares its gonna be just 1FPS, right? :P

Jokes aside.. recommended isnt for max settings.
  • evolgrinzevolgrinz Member UncommonPosts: 151
    All I can say about this game is, do not pre-order and wait for the after launch reviews of the game.
    You'll thank me later.
    CoolitShodanas
  • CoolitCoolit Member UncommonPosts: 661

evolgrinz said:

All I can say about this game is, do not pre-order and wait for the after launch reviews of the game.

You'll thank me later.

I'm very wary of pre-ordering and EA in general and it doesn't help when you watch recent news where EA refuse to refund games on the same day of purchase.

PhryNorseGodrojoArcueid
  • 3dom3dom Member RarePosts: 889
    Friendly reminder to avoid buying EA games during first month after release to make sure they won't squeeze in loot boxes after getting initial positive reviews.

Not to mention how Anthem is being released by a studio which didn't produce anything great since Mass Effect 2 + how the game is multiplayer-centric yet there is a high chance for it to become a wasteland with 10+ minutes queue time in a month or two.
    Coolit

Thank you for your time!

• hallucigenocidehallucigenocide Member RarePosts: 1,015
    3dom said:
    Friendly reminder to avoid buying EA games during first month after release to make sure they won't squeeze in loot boxes after getting initial positive reviews.

Not to mention how Anthem is being released by a studio which didn't produce anything great since Mass Effect 2 + how the game is multiplayer-centric yet there is a high chance for it to become a wasteland with 10+ minutes queue time in a month or two.
    *yawn*

how original...

I had fun once, it was terrible.

• SupaMutantSupaMutant Member UncommonPosts: 136
    edited January 2019

3dom said:

What's the point of telling them you don't want loot boxes, then not buying the game when they listen to you and not have loot boxes. Then why the fuk would they bother listening to you ever again.

So you're not buying their game when they put loot boxes. You're not buying their game when they don't put loot boxes. Then why the fuk would they give a fuk about anything you say. You're not buying their game either way.

In order to get the point across, you have to show them the difference in sales by buying their games when they do the right things.

5|_|©|< /\/\¥ |)!©|< /\/\!|<3|3

4|\|1) ¥0|_| ╒0|290† †0 |)373†3 ╒|20/\/\ <||_|0†35 |-|4|-|4|-|4 ¥0|_| |)!©|<
    Post edited by SupaMutant on
    SovrathalkarionlogCoolithallucigenocideConstantineMerusOctagon7711
  • alkarionlogalkarionlog Member EpicPosts: 3,584

3dom said:

What's the point of telling them you don't want loot boxes, then not buying the game when they listen to you and not have loot boxes. Then why the fuk would they bother listening to you ever again.

So you're not buying their game when they put loot boxes. You're not buying their game when they don't put loot boxes. Then why the fuk would they give a fuk about anything you say. You're not buying their game either way.

In order to get the point across, you have to show them the difference in sales by buying their games when they do the right things. Otherwise you're just beating your numb stick till it falls off.

If someone tells you not to eat cupcakes or they'll shove a dildo up your anus, then they shove a dildo up your anus even when you're not eating any cupcakes. Then why not just eat the fuking cupcake since they're gonna shove that dildo up your anus either way.
    people buy good games, loot boxes makes games look crap, they don't deserve crap if they can't make people fear disapear for they past errors who made several people waste money
    FOR HONOR, FOR FREEDOM.... and for some money.
  • LustsLusts Member RarePosts: 205

Kootur said:

I'm not really to confident this game will deliver with EAs grubby hand in it.

There will be a Demo available for everyone on February 1st if I recall. Apparently they will be giving you access to all the toys available in the game, start you at level 10, let you level to level 15 and experience a mid-game mission.

So you'll be able to figure out from the demo if the game seems interesting enough to buy or not. Aye, EA is pretty scummy but I am genuinely hoping for the best for Anthem. Confirmed Microtransactions, but also confirmed no loot boxes, packs, bags, etc and the microtransactions are cosmetic only supposedly. One can only hope for a fair system.
  • SovrathSovrath Member LegendaryPosts: 32,010
    3dom said:

This feels a bit too precious to me. I don't think we need to fret every time a game is released, specifically by EA.

Oh sure, they are a publicly traded company and will look for ways to make money but they've already gone through the "we're removing lootboxes" experience.

They aren't going to remove lootboxes from Shadow of War only to then have to have the same experience. That's a waste of money.

Ilaya
    Like Skyrim? Need more content? Try my Skyrim mod "Godfred's Tomb." 

Godfred's Tomb Trailer: https://youtu.be/-nsXGddj_4w

Original Skyrim: https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/109547

Try the "Special Edition." 'Cause it's "Special." https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/64878/?tab=description

Serph toze kindly has started a walk-through. https://youtu.be/UIelCK-lldo 
  • MadFrenchieMadFrenchie Member LegendaryPosts: 8,505
    edited January 2019
    Would've rather this been set in the Battltech and had real battlemechs I could pilot as a lance with friends, rather than flying an Iron Man style suit (thought that's cool too).

Ahh well.  Battletech, such a wonderful yet under-utilized IP.
    [Deleted User]

• TheDarkrayneTheDarkrayne Member EpicPosts: 5,297
    Someone at Bioware think's a 1060 is on the same level as a 2060... complete madness. I mean, what is the recommended? Because a 2060 is benchmarking as faster than a 1070ti. Do you need a 1060 or a 2060 or 1070ti? I can't take this anymore. I need to get out of here... warble warble.
    I don't suffer from insanity, I enjoy every minute of it.
  • AeanderAeander Member LegendaryPosts: 7,836
    Boss design is going to be important here. Every boss in Destiny is basically the same bullet sponge that spams high damage attacks, instantly kills you if you attempt to melee, and is only threatening because it spawns adds to flush you out of cover. There's no real variety in Destiny bosses and beating that isn't going to be difficult.
    MadFrenchie
  • Octagon7711Octagon7711 Member LegendaryPosts: 9,000
    If you have a basic $29 a year membership with them you do get a 10 hour trial of the game.  If you have the premium membership of $99 a year, you get to play it for free along with the early access, which they are pushing.  I think I got that right.

"We all do the best we can based on life experience, point of view, and our ability to believe in ourselves." - Naropa      "We don't see things as they are, we see them as we are."  SR Covey

• AeanderAeander Member LegendaryPosts: 7,836
    edited January 2019
    If you have a basic $29 a year membership with them you do get a 10 hour trial of the game.  If you have the premium membership of $99 a year, you get to play it for free along with the early access, which they are pushing.  I think I got that right.
    And I'm legitimately curious as to who would be fucked enough in the head to have a paid membership to EA of all companies. When most of us already maintain Netflix and/or Hulu, Amazon Prime, and often Sony/Microsoft/Nintendo subscriptions, single game and single publisher subscriptions are very hard to justify the value of.
  • SupaMutantSupaMutant Member UncommonPosts: 136

Would've rather this been set in the Battltech and had real battlemechs I could pilot as a lance with friends, rather than flying an Iron Man style suit (thought that's cool too).

You know that there is a Mechwarrior online, where you can pilot your battle mech with your friend.
  • PhryPhry Member LegendaryPosts: 11,004
    Well, that makes it an easy choice to not buy the game, it doesn't support the OS i have so its an automatic 'don't buy' though it is kind of bizarre that it would have a Dx11 requirement and not Dx12 if its restricted to Win 10 only, maybe they don't have faith in Dx 12?
  • alkarionlogalkarionlog Member EpicPosts: 3,584
    Aeander said:
    And I'm legitimately curious as to who would be fucked enough in the head to have a paid membership to EA of all companies. When most of us already maintain Netflix and/or Hulu, Amazon Prime, and often Sony/Microsoft/Nintendo subscriptions, single game and single publisher subscriptions are very hard to justify the value of.
    I guess the same reason people pay for sony/xbox/nintendo accounts, because they want, and companys know people will pay, if not one would pay, you really think companys would pull that?

that is actually another point for pcs
    FOR HONOR, FOR FREEDOM.... and for some money.
  • ConstantineMerusConstantineMerus Member EpicPosts: 3,338
    Phry said:
    Well, that makes it an easy choice to not buy the game, it doesn't support the OS i have so its an automatic 'don't buy' though it is kind of bizarre that it would have a Dx11 requirement and not Dx12 if its restricted to Win 10 only, maybe they don't have faith in Dx 12?
    Join the humble race of consoles mate. I thought I was a master with my PC but it was just an illusion. ;)
    Phry[Deleted User]
    Constantine, The Console Poster

• "One of the most difficult tasks men can perform, however much others may despise it, is the invention of good games and it cannot be done by men out of touch with their instinctive selves." - Carl Jung
  • ShadowStyleBShadowStyleB Member UncommonPosts: 315
    For those worried about the publisher, you can all try the game free on Feb 1st at no charge. No preorder or purchase necessary to play it on the 1st of Feb. Try the free demo don't like it then wait to see if it gets better or never give it another thought.
    MadFrenchierojoArcueidSovrath

"You think this "A" stands for France?" Captain America

• MadFrenchieMadFrenchie Member LegendaryPosts: 8,505
    edited January 2019

You know that there is a Mechwarrior online, where you can pilot your battle mech with your friend.
    I play it actively.  It's a MOBA, though.

• rojoArcueidrojoArcueid Member EpicPosts: 10,722
    edited January 2019
    Coolit said:

evolgrinz said:

You'll thank me later.

I'm very wary of pre-ordering and EA in general and it doesn't help when you watch recent news where EA refuse to refund games on the same day of purchase.

Their support still suck after all these years. During last gen i bought Mass Effect 2 (physically) and for some weird stupid reason I ordered it from EA Origin. I paid for 2 day shipping and received the game one month later.

I talked to them every single week after purchase to cancel the order and they denied it every time saying that orders under processing cannot be canceled. I got so pissed when i received the game a month later i resold it as soon as i got it. I don't buy anything on origin, not even digital anymore.

After that scam I only get origin games either for free (their old giveaway program) or for like a dollar on humble bundle.

• SignexSignex Member UncommonPosts: 318
    Thank god for Origin Access Premier, saved me alot of money from buying BFV. :)
    AMD Ryzen 5800X3D - Gigabyte Aorus RTX 3080 10G Master - 16GB RAM
  • Octagon7711Octagon7711 Member LegendaryPosts: 9,000
    For a company known for their story telling I'm seeing very little about a compelling story with Anthem.  Just about all the videos focus on flying and combat.  Some mention story and one talked a little about the lore but nothing showcased.  Will my decisions change anything or will the game just be about leveling and collecting gear?  

"We all do the best we can based on life experience, point of view, and our ability to believe in ourselves." - Naropa      "We don't see things as they are, we see them as we are."  SR Covey

• GdemamiGdemami Member EpicPosts: 12,342

Ridelynn said:

There is a huge gulf between a RTX2060 (that was just announced) and the AMD RX480 on the Recommended requirements, but it's not that large between the 1060 and 480... Wonder why they felt the need to include something from the 2000 series on nVidia, but not say anything about Vega or the 500 series on AMD.

...raytracing support perhaps?