Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Lots of New High Seas Action Coming to Ultima Online - MMORPG.com

SBFordSBFord Former Associate EditorMember LegendaryPosts: 33,129
edited January 2019 in News & Features Discussion

imageLots of New High Seas Action Coming to Ultima Online - MMORPG.com

The Ultima Online newsletter reveals great news for fans of the game. After over two decades, the team is committed to bringing players tons of new High Seas action throughout 2019. The commitment to adding High Seas content comes after years of community requests at meet and greets, various player gatherings, forum feedback and more.

Read the full story here

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 

Comments

• Panther2103Panther2103 Member EpicPosts: 5,768
    Is it hard to get into Ultima at this point?

I've always had an interest, I remember trying a private shard and not really knowing what the hell was going on. I recently got into Legends of Aria, but kinda did all there was I wanted to do in it, so I was looking for more of that type of game and I guess going to what it was based on would make sense.

Anyone still play?
  • ScorchienScorchien Member LegendaryPosts: 8,914
    I still play ( 21 years now)

First , there are much better looking ships in UO now , why a ss depicting ships from 1997 is used here is odd ..

UO is still very active on some shards (Atlantic) for ex .. ANd it still offers more activities for a player than any other MMO to date .. Its not even close ..

LoA is shell of UO , a terrible attempt at UO ... Maybe it can improve down the road .. but i dont see it ..

UO has a free trial you can download to see the difference and there are far to many to list here ..

https://uo.com/endless-journey/
    [Deleted User]
  • WizardryWizardry Member LegendaryPosts: 19,332
    Even if ships look nicer than that pick,they would have to look a LOT nicer.Then with current games using Nvidia physx and seeing nice water,these old 90's single blue texture slapped on the surface just doesn't cut it and would ruin any visual immersion.

IMO Ultima is just too dated and claiming it has more activities,haha FFXI has a LOT to do,so much it would take you many years to do it all and why so many just aim straight for end game because they have no time to do it all.Of course older content also sort of becomes outdated but if all gamer's care about is end game,they are ruining the immersive experience for themselves and turning mmorpg's into nothing more than a loot game.

I played Ultima a very long time ago,pretty much when it first came out,i was intrigued by the game at that time but did not find it good enough to steer from playing shooters at that time.FFXI was the game that finally hooked me in full time because the way character and classes are done is just really good and allows for a ton of versatility.

Now if Ultima could update the engine and graphics to say Unreal 3+ maybe 4 and improve combat/classes a bit,i would play it for sure.
    Drakenw

Never forget 3 mile Island and never trust a government official or company spokesman.

• kryntokkryntok Member UncommonPosts: 77

Wizardry said:

Even if ships look nicer than that pick,they would have to look a LOT nicer.Then with current games using Nvidia physx and seeing nice water,these old 90's single blue texture slapped on the surface just doesn't cut it and would ruin any visual immersion.

IMO Ultima is just too dated and claiming it has more activities,haha FFXI has a LOT to do,so much it would take you many years to do it all and why so many just aim straight for end game because they have no time to do it all.Of course older content also sort of becomes outdated but if all gamer's care about is end game,they are ruining the immersive experience for themselves and turning mmorpg's into nothing more than a loot game.

I played Ultima a very long time ago,pretty much when it first came out,i was intrigued by the game at that time but did not find it good enough to steer from playing shooters at that time.FFXI was the game that finally hooked me in full time because the way character and classes are done is just really good and allows for a ton of versatility.

Now if Ultima could update the engine and graphics to say Unreal 3+ maybe 4 and improve combat/classes a bit,i would play it for sure.

Ok sold! Downloading UO
    TacticalZombeh
  • ScorchienScorchien Member LegendaryPosts: 8,914
    Wizardry said:

" FFXI has a LOT to do"

iIts not even close or a discussion

• synerzsynerz Member UncommonPosts: 2
    I absolutely adore Ultima Online. Played since beta for quite some time. Had to give it up but tried going back a few years ago which was a blast, up until my account was hacked. All my rare items from the olden days, characters, keep etc were taken from me.

When I contacted EA and the support staff, all they told me was contact the local police because they don't support that..... I lost everything I had from the 90's and up :(.

I doubt I'll ever be able to go back or look at Ultima the same way.
  • SlyLoKSlyLoK Member RarePosts: 2,698
    UO is still the best UO. Playing on Trammel without worry of griefing really allows you to see everything the game has to offer. The reason why I go back from time to time.

Aria will never match old school UO. Nor post trammel UO ( peak player count UO ) because the devs are to proud just like the rest that try to shove PvP down everyones throat.
    Scorchien
  • KyleranKyleran Member LegendaryPosts: 43,507
    edited January 2019
    Scorchien said:
    I still play ( 21 years now)

First , there are much better looking ships in UO now , why a ss depicting ships from 1997 is used here is odd ..

UO is still very active on some shards (Atlantic) for ex .. ANd it still offers more activities for a player than any other MMO to date .. Its not even close ..

LoA is shell of UO , a terrible attempt at UO ... Maybe it can improve down the road .. but i dont see it ..

UO has a free trial you can download to see the difference and there are far to many to list here ..

https://uo.com/endless-journey/
    I'll be happy to take your challenge up and compare EVE to UO and see which game truly has more activities....

Going to take me a couple of hours in front of my laptop though, phone won't do.

B)

"True friends stab you in the front." | Oscar Wilde 

"I need to finish" - Christian Wolff: The Accountant

Just trying to live long enough to play a new, released MMORPG, playing New Worlds atm

Fools find no pleasure in understanding but delight in airing their own opinions. Pvbs 18:2, NIV

Don't just play games, inhabit virtual worlds™

"This is the most intelligent, well qualified and articulate response to a post I have ever seen on these forums. It's a shame most people here won't have the attention span to read past the second line." - Anon