Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

The Player's Choice Awards 2018

Comments

• KratukKratuk Member UncommonPosts: 13
    edited January 2019

Because we're using Google Forms and email validation to do this voting to help prevent as much fraud as possible.

You're just saying that because of all the fraud you had to fix last year. ;p At least you learned a few new tricks. Good job, Bildo. I knew you'd never stay Lost in Hyboria. ;)
    BillMurphy
  • Viper482Viper482 Member LegendaryPosts: 4,056

thundered said:

Yeah guys there is alot of rampant fraud when it comes to video game awards and the electoral process involved , Serious business here.

Why have a poll like this at all if it will not be accurate? Go away.
    Make MMORPG's Great Again!
  • PhaserlightPhaserlight Member EpicPosts: 3,071

jazz.be said:

I'm going to be honest, 2018 was a shitty year in terms of gaming. For me at least.

Best year in a while, for me. Since 2015, I'd say.
    ConstantineMerus

"The simple is the seal of the true and beauty is the splendor of truth" -Subrahmanyan Chandrasekhar
    Authored 139 missions in Vendetta Online and 6 tracks in Distance

• Big.Daddy.SamediBig.Daddy.Samedi Member UncommonPosts: 409

congvt17 said:

kingdom come deliverance is the only legit RPG in the rpg list, lmao

Seriously? How is Pathfinder not a RPG?
    YashaX[Deleted User]

• YashaXYashaX Member EpicPosts: 3,098
    Some great rpgs on that list, for me AC Odyssey was the best of them (although I haven't played pillars 2 yet). 
  • KyleranKyleran Member LegendaryPosts: 43,435
    edited January 2019
    Sovrath said:
    Aeander said:

Kyleran said:

Really need a not applicable button for categories we did not participate in.

Could just not vote on that category. I didn't for (sigh) Battle Royale.
    That's what I did, if I didn't play a category I just left it blank.
    The "completionist" in me never even considered the possibility of leaving a radio button unchecked and would have howled in rage had I attempted to do so.

;)

I used the other button / comment to write N/A or some such commentary.

This site fears providing options such as N/A or None as too often they are the clear winners

Post edited by Kyleran on
    ConstantineMerusPhaserlight

"True friends stab you in the front." | Oscar Wilde 

"I need to finish" - Christian Wolff: The Accountant

Just trying to live long enough to play a new, released MMORPG, playing New Worlds atm

Fools find no pleasure in understanding but delight in airing their own opinions. Pvbs 18:2, NIV

Don't just play games, inhabit virtual worlds™

"This is the most intelligent, well qualified and articulate response to a post I have ever seen on these forums. It's a shame most people here won't have the attention span to read past the second line." - Anon

• geremadygeremady Member UncommonPosts: 73
    Sorry, but not gonna make a Google-account just to vote.

Avoiding all that shit like Facebook, Amazon and Google as  much as possible.

geremady
    QuarterStack
  • ExistentialistExistentialist Member UncommonPosts: 58
    When I read through the questions the only thing I really wanted to know was, what games spent the most on advertising on this site in 2018, as I suspect they will win most awards.

Biggest Disappointment
    Blizzard

Best Battle Royale of 2018 (Sigh.)
    N/A

Best RPG of 2018
    Kingdom Come: Deliverance - the only one I played

Best Persistent Online Game of 2018
    Fallout 76 - yes its still under construction, but it is a brave endeavour

Most Improved MMORPG of 2018
    Elder Scrolls Online - from what I hear its this but didn't play it

Most Anticipated Persistent Online Game of 2019
    Too early to tell

Most Anticipated MMO of 2019 / Biggest Disappointment of 2019
    Way too early to tell

Best Overall MMO of 2018
    Atlas

Kyleran
  • SovrathSovrath Member LegendaryPosts: 31,937
    Kyleran said:
    Sovrath said:
    Aeander said:

Kyleran said:

Really need a not applicable button for categories we did not participate in.

Could just not vote on that category. I didn't for (sigh) Battle Royale.
    That's what I did, if I didn't play a category I just left it blank.
    The "completionist" in me never even considered the possibility of leaving a radio button unchecked and would have howled in rage had I attempted to do so.

;)

I used the other button / comment to write N/A or some such commentary.

This site fears providing options such as N/A or None as too often they are the clear winners

lol, yeah I'm 'the other guy' who leaves things undone or doesn't do things they don't want to do. That's why modern mmorpg's are a problem because I'm usually leaving out some quest or task that allows me to get a camel in order to navigate the desert.

I like to make up my own rules. o:)
    PhaserlightKyleran
    Like Skyrim? Need more content? Try my Skyrim mod "Godfred's Tomb." 

Godfred's Tomb Trailer: https://youtu.be/-nsXGddj_4w

Original Skyrim: https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/109547

Try the "Special Edition." 'Cause it's "Special." https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/64878/?tab=description

Serph toze kindly has started a walk-through. https://youtu.be/UIelCK-lldo 
  • GutlardGutlard Member RarePosts: 1,019
    edited January 2019
    Fortnite & WoW: BFA were the only games from 2018 I played in 2018. All the other games seem to be a year or 5 old...

Gut Out!

What, me worry?

• cheyanecheyane Member LegendaryPosts: 9,067
    edited January 2019
    You can make email accounts with google with false names birthdays and so on. Why the reluctance. I have like 15 google, yahoo and hotmail accounts. All my details on facebook is false too. I made that Facebook account  years ago before the phone number thing.

Why do people think you need to be honest about anything.
    Kyleran
    Chamber of Chains
  • lahnmirlahnmir Member LegendaryPosts: 5,041
    cheyane said:
    You can make email accounts with google with false names birthdays and so on. Why the reluctance. I have like 15 google, yahoo and hotmail accounts.
    You like to rig them polls now, don’t you?  ;)

/Cheers,
    Lahnmir
    YashaX
    'the only way he could nail it any better is if he used a cross.'

Kyleran on yours sincerely 

'But there are many. You can play them entirely solo, and even offline. Also, you are wrong by default.'

Ikcin in response to yours sincerely debating whether or not single-player offline MMOs exist...

'This does not apply just to ED but SC or any other game. What they will get is Rebirth/X4, likely prettier but equally underwhelming and pointless. 

It is incredibly difficult to design some meaningfull leg content that would fit a space ship game - simply because it is not a leg game.

It is just huge resource waste....'

Gdemami absolutely not being an armchair developer

edited January 2019
    lahnmir said:
    cheyane said:
    You can make email accounts with google with false names birthdays and so on. Why the reluctance. I have like 15 google, yahoo and hotmail accounts.
    You like to rig them polls now, don’t you?  ;)

/Cheers,
    Lahnmir
    Couldn't be bothered. I made them for different game accounts and I have a few I use as spam stuff where all the sites that send rubbish goes. Seriously no reason not to make an email account.
    Chamber of Chains
    cheyane said:
    You can make email accounts with google with false names birthdays and so on. Why the reluctance. I have like 15 google, yahoo and hotmail accounts. All my details on facebook is false too. I made that Facebook account  years ago before the phone number thing.

The email account thing I get, but your last sentence is kind of boggling. I have to assume you aren't serious. 

Just trying to live long enough to play a new, released MMORPG, playing New Worlds atm

Fools find no pleasure in understanding but delight in airing their own opinions. Pvbs 18:2, NIV

"This is the most intelligent, well qualified and articulate response to a post I have ever seen on these forums. It's a shame most people here won't have the attention span to read past the second line." - Anon

Kyleran said:
    cheyane said:

The email account thing I get, but your last sentence is kind of boggling. I have to assume you aren't serious. 

I was making a point about social media and emails , should have been more specific. I really don't understand why people share all their personal info without a thought to masking it on these sites.
    KyleranPhaserlightConstantineMerusYashaXkitarad
    Chamber of Chains
    cheyane said:
    Kyleran said:
    cheyane said:

I was making a point about social media and emails , should have been more specific. I really don't understand why people share all their personal info without a thought to masking it on these sites.
    OK, in that context your comment makes perfect sense, I knew I had misunderstood somewhere.

I'm a bit too "literal" at times and miss subtle nuances on occasion.

Kyleran said:
    cheyane said:
    Kyleran said:
    cheyane said:

OK, in that context your comment makes perfect sense, I knew I had misunderstood somewhere.

Kyleran said:
    cheyane said:
    Kyleran said:
    cheyane said:

It's the two finger typing the brain is a few steps ahead and the fingers are left dropping the context.
    PhaserlightKyleran
    Chamber of Chains
  • LinifLinif Member UncommonPosts: 338

Sovrath said:

thundered said:

Yeah guys there is alot of rampant fraud when it comes to video game awards and the electoral process involved , Serious business here.

More like the winners are announced and then some people start wailing and gnashing their teeth and calling foul because the idea of any game that doesn't align with their world view "winning" is too much to bear so they come and start flinging mud and calling the staff shills and all sorts of things dorks do.

In any case, "voted."

That's the fun though. It generates drama so we can point and laugh at their opinions.
    KyleranTrolldefender99
  • XasapisXasapis Member RarePosts: 6,337
    Funnily enough, at this point in time, I don't play any of the games listed in the "best mmorpg" list (I'm a bit of an mmorpg nomad these days).

So it came down to which one would you recommend your best friend to start playing, if asked.

I was torn between FF and ESO, but ultimately FF won due to the better story telling. The new expansions in ESO broke any semblance of story progression completely.

Runner up was GW2, and that because I still haven't found a class that I enjoy playing in that game. Which is a real shame, since it has (imo) one of the most vibrant and enjoyable worlds.
    Phaserlight[Deleted User]Kyleran
  • MossdabMossdab Member UncommonPosts: 12
    For the first time I do not participate in a pool just because I do not have to give my e'mail for that.
    I dont see any reason for that.
    Scot
  • A1learjetA1learjet Member UncommonPosts: 258
    Needed more category's but voted on what there was

• Dan2607Dan2607 Member UncommonPosts: 35
    Just reminded me how poor 2018 actually was.

LotRO was my game of choice and looks like I'm gonna be there for the foreseeable.
    Ozmodan
  • OzmodanOzmodan Member EpicPosts: 9,726
    Seems rather ridiculous I have to make another google account just to vote.  I think I will just pass, you should not tie something like this to a certain mail system!!!  I must have at least 4 or 5 google accounts that I don't ever remember the names or the passwords.  Such a waste.

• ScotScot Member LegendaryPosts: 22,825
    I can understand combating fraudulent votes but I am not signing into Goggle. So here are my votes, count them or not as you will:

Biggest MMO Disappointment = Bless Online

Best Battle Royale of 2018 (Sigh.) = Vote Spoiled.

Best RPG of 2018 = Pillars of Eternity 2

Best Persistent Online Game of 2018 = Path of Exile

Most Improved MMORPG of 2018 = Elder Scrolls Online

Most Anticipated Persistent Online Game of 2019 = Anthem

Most Anticipated MMO of 2019 = Crowfall

Best Overall MMO of 2018 = Other: LotRO

Good to see 'Persistent Online Game' now gets its own category after having Warframe up for best MMORPG of 2017.
    edited January 2019
    Scot said:
    I can understand combating fraudulent votes but I am not signing into Goggle. So here are my votes, count them or not as you will:

Biggest MMO Disappointment = Bless Online

Best Battle Royale of 2018 (Sigh.) = Vote Spoiled.

Best RPG of 2018 = Pillars of Eternity 2

Best Persistent Online Game of 2018 = Path of Exile

Most Improved MMORPG of 2018 = Elder Scrolls Online

Most Anticipated Persistent Online Game of 2019 = Anthem

Most Anticipated MMO of 2019 = Crowfall

Best Overall MMO of 2018 = Other: LotRO

Good to see 'Persistent Online Game' now gets its own category after having Warframe up for best MMORPG of 2017.
    In peoples zeal to maintain their privacy they are managing to self identify who the iPhone users are.

I've made notes for future nefarious purpose.

(Just so you know why Safari suddenly starts displaying  cat food adverts when you don't even own a cat)

;)
    Scot